What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs Knights

The_Frog

First Grade
Yeo has a rest then goes to prop while May is on.
Martin goes to prop then out wide

Is Leota capable of more minutes 100% but could be saving him for Origin time
Leniu only played 16 minutes in this game. I agree it probably to keep the middle forwards fresh.

30 odd minutes for Burton. Kikau usually goes off around 30 mins gone. Comes back when there is 20-25mins left.

Only 4 props to share time between not 5. Should see them all have their game time pushed up

I honestly don’t think 30 mins is enough, plus I’m not sure he’s ready for the more physical role of the back row.

tripster

Juniors
Something to remember here too is that with the faster game, once there is fatigue in the opposition it is becoming less important who is playing in the middle.

Once the Knights started to get tired they had no line speed so it was easy for TMay to make 10 metres a carry even without bending the line back. His jink before the line and his ball playing also kept the Knights defence guessing.

We have a long season to get through and I am confident Ivan knows what he is doing. If we use Leota and Leniu as battering rams up the middle for big minutes we risk injurying them or wearing them out well before the end of the season. We are also light on prop depth.

I think as a result of the new rules we will also start to see a change in the build of forwards with a gradual transition away from big forwards who are destructive in short bursts to leaner more wirey players with big engines and ball playing skills.