What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Mjab

Juniors
SMH today
Dufty says 50/50 to stay and the delay is stressing him

has improved but still a long way to go , not even close at the moment to a good all round fullback

while he has a lot upside in attack really needs to work harder on his defensive deficiencies
A few more poor games and he will be gone IMO

Some blame having peanut as coach , while this is true , he should also have had enough insight and work ethic to fix his obvious deficiencies

Maddragon99

Juniors
SMH today
Dufty says 50/50 to stay and the delay is stressing him

has improved but still a long way to go , not even close at the moment to a good all round fullback

while he has a lot upside in attack really needs to work harder on his defensive deficiencies
A few more poor games and he will be gone IMO

Some blame having peanut as coach , while this is true , he should also have had enough insight and work ethic to fix his obvious deficiencies
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/78343a29f26d0d7cbbaa26399c7b8318

Maddragon99

Juniors
I’ve got a feeling Hook will let him go if another club wants him. But his deficiencies are there for everyone to see so there’s no guarantee he’ll get a gig at another club anyway.

He’ll probably be retained but at a lower contract, I think he’d be the perfect 17 utility, could be a real game breaker in tight games.

Ramsey to get a crack at Fullback after a full offseason in the gym.

denis preston

First Grade
I’ve got a feeling Hook will let him go if another club wants him. But his deficiencies are there for everyone to see so there’s no guarantee he’ll get a gig at another club anyway.

He’ll probably be retained but at a lower contract, I think he’d be the perfect 17 utility, could be a real game breaker in tight games.

Ramsey to get a crack at Fullback after a full offseason in the gym.

No at 350k max now , if he cant get a contract elsewhere will go to England. With that highlights package and less intense defence he will nearly command double what he is on now and suit his game down to a tee. At his age 2 or 3 years over there will set him up for life but still receive offers from Oz to come back to the NRL. This is the scenario that his manager should be considering. As big Sam says "you know it makes sense '!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
With each error he makes at the back, his dollar value drops. I know his attack is fantastic but his defence is abysmal. You cannot afford to carry someone who you know is error prone in defence. If he goes to a club like the Dogs, Tigers, Cows etc he won't get any better and teams like that have less tolerance for errors especially the dogs.

I wonder what he would be demanding to stay at the club? Saints maybe letting him test the market to see what his value is like before offering him a contract. If a club comes in and offers him 650k+ they may let him walk but if it is 450k - 500k mark they may keep him.

With ball in hand Dufty is exciting to watch - he has speed and has worked on his passing game If he had a kicking game he'd make a good 1/2 or 5/8. However, in defense he is, as often as not, absolutely terrifying. All he had to do last Sunday was kick the ball dead instead of fannying about trying to ground the ball under pressure.
William Kennedy and Nicho Hynes are both off contract at season's end. Hook may be weighing up his options.

Maddragon99

Juniors
With ball in hand Dufty is exciting to watch - he has speed and has worked on his passing game If he had a kicking game he'd make a good 1/2 or 5/8. However, in defense he is, as often as not, absolutely terrifying. All he had to do last Sunday was kick the ball dead instead of fannying about trying to ground the ball under pressure.
William Kennedy and Nicho Hynes are both off contract at season's end. Hook may be weighing up his options.
Yes could be true.

Wittenberg

Juniors
We need a solid fullback who can be reliable under the high ball and who can tackle effectively....we don’t need a player who scores tries and who regularly provides assists for us. Why would we, our attack is dynamic enough as it is. And no one would want him...

Spazer

Juniors
We need a solid fullback who can be reliable under the high ball and who can tackle effectively....we don’t need a player who scores tries and who regularly provides assists for us. Why would we, our attack is dynamic enough as it is. And no one would want him...
We had that in dugan a while back and a lot of people on here wanted him gone because he couldn’t get points on the board for us. I would like to see ramsey given a shot near the end of the year but even he has his issues under the high ball unfortunately.

Dragon David

First Grade
We had that in dugan a while back and a lot of people on here wanted him gone because he couldn’t get points on the board for us. I would like to see ramsey given a shot near the end of the year but even he has his issues under the high ball unfortunately.
Ramsey will need to learn how to play fullback in first grade. He is keen as mustard but has his moments and thats him playing on the wing. Dufty has a lot of experience playing fullback in first grade and he still is a work in prooooogreeeeeeeessssss as far as Hook is concerned. Whether or not he can develop into the fullback Hook wants him to is subject to how hard Dufty works on all facets of being a very good fullback.

Mjab

Juniors
these guys are already better fullback options already early in their career!!!

I dont understand why either the club or Dufty as an indivudual have not had hime coached or mentored by good past fullbacks eg Im sure Billy the kid would do it for $$ or even Potter . Even if Dufty did this himself and paid out of his own pocket if the club wasnt interested

redv13

Bench
So apparently 2 Sydney clubs are keen on Milford. What are the chances that we are 1 of them?? Ticks some boxes:
Can play fullback
Was at Brisbane under Griffin
Played with Hunt and Macca
Off contract
Dufty remaining unsigned
Would come a lot cheaper than his current deal
Is only 26 but definitely needs a fresh start.
Not saying I agree with it, just thinking out loud

Mjab

Juniors
So apparently 2 Sydney clubs are keen on Milford. What are the chances that we are 1 of them?? Ticks some boxes:
Can play fullback
Was at Brisbane under Griffin
Played with Hunt and Macca
Off contract
Dufty remaining unsigned
Would come a lot cheaper than his current deal
Is only 26 but definitely needs a fresh start.
Not saying I agree with it, just thinking out loud

I would pass and pay good money for Hynes or the Cronulla dude

would have to come cheap and I wouldnt want Norman and him in the same team FFS

I have mainly seen him at half , but can play fullback

Isnt fullback where he excelled at the Raiders??

redv13

Bench
I would pass and pay good money for Hynes or the Cronulla dude

would have to come cheap and I wouldnt want Norman and him in the same team FFS

I have mainly seen him at half , but can play fullback

Isnt fullback where he excelled at the Raiders??
I agree with you on Hynes. He’s a starter and ready to go. Plenty of speed and goes well. I like Kennedy from the Sharks but his hands can let him down too. Similar to Dufty, does some great things but can drop a ball out of nowhere, but is not as quick as Dufty.

Milford did play fb at the raiders but like I said earlier I’m not keen just reading between the lines. Hopefully I’m wrong on this one

Spazer

Juniors
Hynes looks good with the ball, but I still think back to his poor attempted tackle on mcinnes last year that led to a dragons try. Could be a gun if he stays with the storm.

As for milford no thanks.

Como Connection

First Grade
these guys are already better fullback options already early in their career!!!

I dont understand why either the club or Dufty as an indivudual have not had hime coached or mentored by good past fullbacks eg Im sure Billy the kid would do it for $$ or even Potter . Even if Dufty did this himself and paid out of his own pocket if the club wasnt interested
A bloke called Hornby was on the coaching staff for a lot of that time.
CC