What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

Gareth67

First Grade
Those foot of the mountains boys are loving it at the moment. All players seem to know exactly what to do. They are all 100% physically fit and trained to "perfection". They are very hard to contain in their red zone and motor up field with strength and not wanting to be stopped - they keep pushing so that the opposition tire from it.

They have a great deal of agility and speed with their actions. They have not really had many injury concerns and not many if any suspensions. When the SOO comes around, I'm sure that they will have a few of their players represented.

In saying all of that, we will give them a good run for their money when we play them.

Yes David , they are an excellent team that seem to have no weaknesses whatsoever in them . Their pure determination to destroy the opposition can only be matched by that team from Sin City in the very south of the country .

However the Panthers , IMO are the better of the two and should they meet once again in this years G.F. I believe that the outcome will be entirely different to that of last season.

Now after saying all of that hogwash I am not writing off the Dragons chances either - just yet . :relaxed:

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes David , they are an excellent team that seem to have no weaknesses whatsoever in them . Their pure determination to destroy the opposition can only be matched by that team from Sin City in the very south of the country .

However the Panthers , IMO are the better of the two and should they meet once again in this years G.F. I believe that the outcome will be entirely different to that of last season.

Now after saying all of that hogwash I am not writing off the Dragons chances either - just yet . :relaxed:
It could very well be the same two playing in the G/F this year but the result reversed - would be a good, hard game. One query though is whether or not Ivan Cleary has a curse for not winning G/F's as a coach.
Just like so many that have tried - for example Brian Smith.

Gareth67

First Grade
It could very well be the same two playing in the G/F this year but the result reversed - would be a good, hard game. One query though is whether or not Ivan Cleary has a curse for not winning G/F's as a coach.
Just like so many that have tried - for example Brian Smith.

Could very well be , however there seems to be so much more intent in the Panthers this season and whether or not Cleary can do the deed , then I am sure that the players will in his stead .

Just on a side note , I have noticed that Penrith are employing the same tactics - almost - as the Storm . There was a tackle on Tyson Fizzell where he gather the ball and immediately went to ground , but that did not stop 2 panthers coming in ( 1 late ) and holding him down when he was already stationary .

Of course the ref could see no fault in that and allowed the panthers to get away with it , even although he was prevented from playing the ball , teams used to be penalized for that , but not anymore apparently .

Got me beat ? :thinking:

Walpole

Juniors
Could very well be , however there seems to be so much more intent in the Panthers this season and whether or not Cleary can do the deed , then I am sure that the players will in his stead .

Just on a side note , I have noticed that Penrith are employing the same tactics - almost - as the Storm . There was a tackle on Tyson Fizzell where he gather the ball and immediately went to ground , but that did not stop 2 panthers coming in ( 1 late ) and holding him down when he was already stationary .

Of course the ref could see no fault in that and allowed the panthers to get even although he was prevented from play the ball , teams used to be penalized for that , but not anymore apparently .

Got me beat ? :thinking:
We'll probably get penalised for it twice this weekend, just to make up for it.

Gareth67

First Grade
We'll probably get penalised for it twice this weekend, just to make up for it.

Too bluudy late now Walpole ! You have gone and put the hex on the Dragons , I can just see the carnage now , penalty after penalty - more so after Robinson’s yearly pilgrimage to the Judiciary before each Anzac Day game .

getsmarty

Immortal
Lest we forget: Roosters and Dragons legends remember Anzac Day
Since its inception in 2002, the Anzac Day match between the Sydney Roosters and St George Illawarra Dragons has become one of the most significant occasions on the NRL calendar. Some of the legends from the two clubs including Brad Fittler, Ben Hornby, Anthony Minichiello and Jamie Soward share their memories of playing in the match

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/20/lest-we-forget-roosters-and-dragons-legends-remember-anzac-day/

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons coach weighs in on fate of skipper Ben Hunt ahead of ANZAC clash
4 hours ago
James Willis
ANTHONY GRIFFINBEN HUNTrugby league featured
Ben-Hunt-Dragons.png

St George Illawarra Dragons coach Anthony Griffin has told James Willis he’s still unsure if his captain will be fit to play on Sunday.

Ben Hunt is definitely eager to play the ANZAC Day game, Griffin confirmed, but he and the medical team won’t take any risks.

“We’ll have a look at him tomorrow, we’ll give him every chance to play.

“He’s back running now, and has been for a couple of weeks, so he’s touch and go.”

https://www.2gb.com/dragons-coach-weighs-in-on-fate-of-skipper-ben-hunt-ahead-of-anzac-clash/

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If he’s right and they’d know, i’d play him. We need him!
If Norman and Clune can’t outplay Walker and Hutchison I certainly wouldn’t be re signing Norman. Clune and Hutchison both have their own strengths and weaknesses but if by this stage of his career Norman can’t outplay an 18 year old kid in an Anzac game he’s not what we need. In saying that I would have loved to have seen Sullivan and Walker go up against each other if it panned out that way.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
If Norman and Clune can’t outplay Walker and Hutchison I certainly wouldn’t be re signing Norman. Clune and Hutchison both have their own strengths and weaknesses but if by this stage of his career Norman can’t outplay an 18 year old kid in an Anzac game he’s not what we need. In saying that I would have loved to have seen Sullivan and Walker go up against each other if it panned out that way.
Fair enough but Clune actually lines up against the 18 year old not Norman... Even so, the reason for my “Hunt need him” comment comes the stronger defence that Hunt delivers over our current half. His defence prior to injury was fantastic and we have unfortunately had some misses in this area over the last few weeks, something not lost on Robinson i’m sure.

Last edited:

Latest posts