What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge The Myth ?

The club has released our second statement in as many weeks that Madge’s job is safe.

There’s a denial of an “emergency” board meeting, but no denial of an actual board meeting.

I think it’s likely that the board will discuss the current crisis in performance.

The question is whether or not we will agree to expectations going ahead and the consequences of not meeting them.

This is pretty much the sgi model and then they got their version of Pascoe to tap Mary on the shoulder.

Madge has already promised sweeping changes as he appreciates the situation.

stryker

First Grade
There’s a denial of an “emergency” board meeting, but no denial of an actual board meeting.
Madge has already promised sweeping changes as he appreciates the situation.
The crisis meeting will be to investigate how far the on field abortions are affecting the club’s revenue. Madge’s fate will be tied to those numbers.
...although it’s good to see he appreciates the situation...

The crisis meeting will be to investigate how far the on field abortions are affecting the club’s revenue. Madge’s fate will be tied to those numbers.

A brusque and somewhat cold assessment but I enjoyed your irony at the end.

A brusque, callous and somewhat cold assessment but I enjoyed your irony at the end.

gordsy

Juniors
So it seems like Madge's days are numbered. Who would we like to see us sign.
From memory Bennett is off contract this year. If it were me I'd sign Bennett for three years with a rookie coach as his assistant with a view to said coach taking over after that time.
The only issue I can see with that is I don't know who the rookie coach would be. Maybe Ryles ?

But if we sign a rookie coach we are f**ked and might as well move to Perth.

Tigerm

First Grade
MEDIA RELEASE

Wests Tigers statement on Sydney Morning Herald report
Author
Wests Tigers
Timestamp
Sun 25 Apr 2021, 08:23 PM
Share on social media
Contrary to a media report in the Sydney Morning Herald, Wests Tigers can vehemently deny there are crisis meetings being held at the club.

Whilst disappointed with recent results, all at Wests Tigers remain firmly united and committed to producing a strong and competitive season together, and ready to get back to work tomorrow in preparation for Round 8.

Wizardman

First Grade
MEDIA RELEASE

Wests Tigers statement on Sydney Morning Herald report
Author
Wests Tigers
Timestamp
Sun 25 Apr 2021, 08:23 PM
Share on social media
Contrary to a media report in the Sydney Morning Herald, Wests Tigers can vehemently deny there are crisis meetings being held at the club.

Whilst disappointed with recent results, all at Wests Tigers remain firmly united and committed to producing a strong and competitive season together, and ready to get back to work tomorrow in preparation for Round 8.
I call bullshit to that statement. There is some "smoke" in such an article like the Herald one.

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s the coach, It’s the coach, It’s the coach, always has been always will be...It will be a crisis if WT DONT have a crisis meeting...Unless a change is made NOW we are heading for the spoon..So the only question now is how much do we not want it

Last I heard the NRL were softening to Flanagans overtures about wanting to return early I may have imagined it ..if not then book Flanagan in for next year.. At least then we can enjoy a premiership and coz the players will be full of peptides it will be stripped, but so what ...but seriously Flanagan would put this idiotic “Its not the coach’s fault” line to bed once and for all..I’d take Morris as head coach no worries..anyone but this clueless loser

The board are like the players scared to do anything coz they might look silly or get it wrong ...Have some balls and JUST FKN DO IT...just make sure Pascoe has nothing to do with it

Last edited:
Doesn't matter who coaches us, it won't change the f**king pathetic defeatist attitude that seems to permeate this club at every level.

Give the Magpies a run in first grade next week. They might get lapped but at least they will turn up, probably score more points too.

WA Tiger

Bench
The irony of the south’s connection...WHY was Taylor hired after his childish run in / fight with one of his players there ...WHY was Madge hired when there was loud noise about him over working his players at south’s and his shit record for the last 51 games there - 18 wins (worse than his WT record). ..Cleary left the club for the club he’d been at previously and wanted to finish the job for mega bucks and to be with his son so that wasn’t the clubs fault

...So for the club to be worried that if they change the coach again it may be embarrassing because of the number of coaches they’ve had is unfounded..Just hire the new coach for a good reason not a bad reason ...pretty simple

and now Benjis there killing it..Oh The irony

PS ..Pascoe for the second time chose the coach over the player and got it wrong

imo you can move a club forward at lightening pace with a couple of key appointments.Number one the Coach and 2 the CEO. But a good coach unshackled should be enough

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
So it seems like Madge's days are numbered. Who would we like to see us sign.
From memory Bennett is off contract this year. If it were me I'd sign Bennett for three years with a rookie coach as his assistant with a view to said coach taking over after that time.
The only issue I can see with that is I don't know who the rookie coach would be. Maybe Ryles ?

But if we sign a rookie coach we are f**ked and might as well move to Perth.
Bennett wouldn't go to the tigers.

Tiger05

First Grade
I wouldn't want Bennet.

I can't see us signing someone better creditionalled than Maguire so why not just interview for the best option. I know that we risk signing a Taylor as head coach but the club has to pick better.

Latest posts