What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Walsh

Showtime

Juniors
They've offered Staggs 700k a year for 4 years, I think it's a reasonable offer.

I am sure other clubs will come chiming in with much bigger deals given the quality of player he is but he has been vocal about his love for the club and wanting to be at the club for life, I think he himself would appreciate that 700k is a good deal given where he is at

Jordan Riki re-signing was huge, we lost him and it would've been a disaster

I read somewhere today that Lockyer is or has spoken to Staggs about moving to 5/8. Would be interesting to see if he has the skill set.

blaza88z

Coach
I read somewhere today that Lockyer is or has spoken to Staggs about moving to 5/8. Would be interesting to see if he has the skill set.

I think it would be good, especially if he's on big money, he'd just need to run the ball and leave the kicking to someone like Croft or Dearden

Big Pete

Referee
Piakura says hello :joy:

I don't agree with them throwing that amount but he's somebody the club has brought through and they're merely matching the other offers. Bit different from a club losing it's captain and with their loose change taking a punt on a player they're not as familiar with.

Reportedly too, it is coming from the Sydney media.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I don't agree with them throwing that amount but he's somebody the club has brought through and they're merely matching the other offers. Bit different from a club losing it's captain and with their loose change taking a punt on a player they're not as familiar with.

Reportedly too, it is coming from the Sydney media.

I get that you might not agree with it, and yeah it is a different situation to what’s happening with Walsh but just thought it was a bit funny as you said no, Broncos haven’t done that before and then nek minit, the same thing happens this week.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Anyways, moving forward!

Walsh has asked for a release, Broncos are saying they’re not going to give him up without a player from our camp.

Who would you guys be interested in from our team for this year?

Big Pete

Referee
Anyways, moving forward!

Walsh has asked for a release, Broncos are saying they’re not going to give him up without a player from our camp.

Who would you guys be interested in from our team for this year?

That's a good question. Looking through their roster Rocco Berry was very impressive for the Phins on the weekend. He'd be the type of prospect I'd like to see but I can't see the Warriors letting him go.

Otherwise it appears the only Warriors available are middles or attacking backline utilities and the Broncos probably need more well rounded players.

I think what will end up happening is that somebody on the market will become available, Brisbane will release Walsh to make room and everyone moves on.

League guru

Juniors
Is it possible that Milford gets pushed back to fullback, Croft to 5/8 and Dearden to 7?
You are obsessed with Milford playing fullback. He gets a million dollars to play 6 and he can't do it. Just pick someone who will actually have a dig.

Smiley

Bench
Broncos have requested Hayze Perham as part of a player swap deal to allow Reece Walsh to join the Warriors this season.

Haven’t seen much of Hayze but debuted for the Warriors back in 2019 and has played nine NRL games for the club.

Nerd

Bench
You are obsessed with Milford playing fullback. He gets a million dollars to play 6 and he can't do it. Just pick someone who will actually have a dig.
That's because I believe he is a fullback playing at 5/8 and doing a shit job of it. My actual preference would be for Milford to be dropped entirely but for whatever reason they keep picking him in first grade so if he has to be in the team fullback it is. Saying that and as stated above I don't know that Milford has the fitness levels required of a modern fullback but getting him out of the halves is in my opinion a priority.

Last edited:

DeeJ

Bench

I'm not sure what his kicking game is like but he did play 7 for Tonga. He could be like Jack Wighton for us, at least with the similar powerful running game.

We would still require a dominant half with a great kicking game.

Showtime

Juniors
I'm not sure what his kicking game is like but he did play 7 for Tonga. He could be like Jack Wighton for us, at least with the similar powerful running game.

We would still require a dominant half with a great kicking game.

Hopefully Dearden fills that roll. Farnworth / Staggs would be a great centre pairing.

blaza88z

Coach
Staggs has put in a short kick for himself in the past, I re-call seeing him do that.

If he could develop a good short kicking game that would be enough, given how strong he is at running the ball.

hellteam

First Grade
Are we going to try Tesi Niu at fullback? I thought that was his junior position. Just don't think Isaako is up to it long term/

I've said this elsewhere but I'd also consider giving Staggs a crack. He's easily our best back/ball runner, and I assume once we re-sign him we'll be paying him big money. Get him somewhere where he gets the ball a lot.

Obviously ball playing will have to be worked on, but Tedesco/Slater weren't great at that when they started out.

Bronco18

Juniors
Hopefully Dearden fills that roll.

Deardon looks lively whenever he is with the ball but he really needs to up his involvement to be the dominant play making half. I’m not sure if that’s the coaches pigeonholing him to one side of the field to put less pressure on him or his own reluctance.

blaza88z

Coach
Dearden for mine is the future of the club, he just seems to have all the skills and just watching the game back when he scored that try, you could see him telling Herbie where he wanted the ball and Herbie obliged, he obviously has the respect of his team mates

I think Walters is doing the right thing, he realizes you can't just throw a kid out there and have him run the team, it does take some development so it doesn't kill his confidence if he's not up to it just yet but as a fan.. I would much rather Dearden out there than Croft

It wasn't Perham that the Broncos were swapping for Walsh. It was Paul Turner. Kevin Walters was thinking Paul Turner was a development player and didn't know he was Top 30 at the Warriors. He's leaving that spot open for Karmichael Hunt or Kevin Walters Jnr which is a total amateur move. Paul Turner is one the best emerging WFB to come out of NZ. Glad the Warriors have him for the time being. We need to re-sign him pronto.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
It wasn't Perham that the Broncos were swapping for Walsh. It was Paul Turner. Kevin Walters was thinking Paul Turner was a development player and didn't know he was Top 30 at the Warriors. He's leaving that spot open for Karmichael Hunt or Kevin Walters Jnr which is a total amateur move. Paul Turner is one the best emerging WFB to come out of NZ. Glad the Warriors have him for the time being. We need to re-sign him pronto.

The problem Brisbane had with Turner is that he didn't fit the balance of their squad. He's more of a running half when Brisbane had more glaring issues. If he was on a development deal it would at least be one prospect for another and they could assess how he fits in the squad and the best way to use him. If they signed him on an NRL deal it would force the issue and they need all the help they can get.

I agree if they go onto sign Billy Walters it's a really selfish signing on Kevie's part. Especially since they just signed Danny Levi at 14 because of how shot their dummy half depth is.

Reece Walsh NRL debut with a badly injured Warriors team was very good. Despite the result and shotty officiating yet again. The kid is going up from here. Playing against a hot storm side Walsh handled himself well with a few nice touches. He definitely has my attention :)

Latest posts