What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Walsh

Dazzat

First Grade
So are these leaders working for one of the aspiring expansion clubs?

The NRL have said that a second Brisbane team is worth $25 million a year for the NRL.

Last night - after bagging the Broncos - Bidel said that the NRL have asked for proposals from the three suits for the second Brisbane franchise.

Then this morning, Wally Lewis announces to the world that the Broncos are no longer "Queensland's team".

I just wonder how much of this orchestrated rubbish needs to happen before fans wake up. Many never will - as I've read on forums where many fans are saying things like "we deserve everything we get". Really?

blaza88z

Coach
I don't think there's any conspiracy against Brisbane, we're no better than any of the other 15 clubs and we do deserve everything we get after having made terrible decision after terrible decision.

I didn't see what Wally said or the context surrounding it but if he is talking about the premiere team in QLD, it's not us.

Big Pete

Referee
According to the Daily Telegraph, Reece Walsh is set to return to the club after requesting a release from the Warriors. At this stage, only the Broncos have permission to negotiate with Walsh and an announcement is expected within days.

The Warriors also announced the signing of Canberra Raiders fullback Charnze Nikoll-Klokstad for 2023 adding fuel to the fire.

Big Pete

Referee
I wouldn't count my chickens yet but regardless this is a big story for the Broncos. The prodigal son is set to leave the Warriors and it'll likely come down to the Broncos or the Dolphins. If the DT report is true and the Warriors have specifically only granted the Broncos permission to negotiate outside of the transfer window it may justify the Broncos decision to accomodate the Warriors like they did last year with the negotiation.

It would be wonderful signing for the Broncos. Te Maire Martin has done a really good job filling in but I struggle to see him as a long term fullback. Cobbo and Farnworth are both options but I've seen nothing from Farnworth to suggest he'd be an elite player in that position and Cobbo isn't as strong positionally as Walsh. Cobbo is also a more versatile player and I can see him lining up in the centres.

Showtime

Juniors
I wouldn't count my chickens yet but regardless this is a big story for the Broncos. The prodigal son is set to leave the Warriors and it'll likely come down to the Broncos or the Dolphins. If the DT report is true and the Warriors have specifically only granted the Broncos permission to negotiate outside of the transfer window it may justify the Broncos decision to accomodate the Warriors like they did last year with the negotiation.

It would be wonderful signing for the Broncos. Te Maire Martin has done a really good job filling in but I struggle to see him as a long term fullback. Cobbo and Farnworth are both options but I've seen nothing from Farnworth to suggest he'd be an elite player in that position and Cobbo isn't as strong positionally as Walsh. Cobbo is also a more versatile player and I can see him lining up in the centres.
Do you think there’s a possible long term plan to eventually move Walsh into the halves and Cobbo to fullback once Reynolds is finish? I agree with you regarding Farnworth, he’s a solid centre. Inglis and Latrell played a lot of centre before moving to fullback which is also an option.

Big Pete

Referee
Do you think there’s a possible long term plan to eventually move Walsh into the halves and Cobbo to fullback once Reynolds is finish? I agree with you regarding Farnworth, he’s a solid centre. Inglis and Latrell played a lot of centre before moving to fullback which is also an option.
That could be an option. Like Cobbo at fullback, Walsh in the halves is something of an unknown quantity. He did play a utility role for the Queensland U/18s back in 2019 but I think it's one thing to have a good skill-set and another to be an effective playmaker. It would be one of those situations where I'd play by ear where if an opportunity arises I'd be curious to see a 1. Cobbo 6. Walsh game. However if that was to happen, that could spell the end of Mam and it's way too early to make a call on Ezra beyond he's NRL quality.

Showtime

Juniors
That could be an option. Like Cobbo at fullback, Walsh in the halves is something of an unknown quantity. He did play a utility role for the Queensland U/18s back in 2019 but I think it's one thing to have a good skill-set and another to be an effective playmaker. It would be one of those situations where I'd play by ear where if an opportunity arises I'd be curious to see a 1. Cobbo 6. Walsh game. However if that was to happen, that could spell the end of Mam and it's way too early to make a call on Ezra beyond he's NRL quality.
In that instance maybe they think a Ezra / Walsh halves combination might be viable. Too early to tell I guess but I’m enjoying watching Ezra play 6 for the broncos, his potential is ridiculous.

blaza88z

Coach
It's a big signing, 3 of our spine look locked in and they're all above average I would say

hellteam

First Grade
It's a big signing, 3 of our spine look locked in and they're all above average I would say
I'd argue that this year our squad. minus spine (so wingers/centres/forwards), is the best in the comp, or very close to it. It's keeping us competitive this year but we need the spine to get to the next level.

Adding Walsh and the development of Mam, I expect to see us challenging for top 3 next year.

blaza88z

Coach
I'd argue that this year our squad. minus spine (so wingers/centres/forwards), is the best in the comp, or very close to it. It's keeping us competitive this year but we need the spine to get to the next level.

Adding Walsh and the development of Mam, I expect to see us challenging for top 3 next year.

I guess it depends how some of these other teams go but already seeing a few chinks in Melbourne and Parra

Latest posts