What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 8 vs Dogs : Sat 1 May 2021 5:30pm

Gronk

Staff member
Canterbury Bulldogs vs Parramatta Eels at Stadium Australia, 5.30pm

Last week’s Bulldogs team: 21. Nick Meaney 2. Nick Cotric 3. Will Hopoate 4. Corey Allan 5. Tuipulotu Katoa 6. Jake Averillo 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Dylan Napa 9. Sione Katoa 10. Luke Thompson 11. Adam Elliott 12. Chris Smith 13. Corey Waddell 14. Bradley Deitz 15. Renouf Atoni 16. Ava Seumanufagai 17. Matt Doorey

Team Tips: Chris Smith and Matt Doorey will both have to pass concussion protocols to play for the Bulldogs who claimed their first win of the season. Lachlan Lewis is due back from concussion this week. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak was rushed to hospital with an infection in his knee and is unlikely to play against the Eels.

Last week’s Eels team: 1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Tom Opacic 4. Marata Niukore 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Isaiah Papali’i 13. Nathan Brown 14. Oregon Kaufusi 15. Will Smith 16. Wiremu Greig 17. Bryce Cartwright

Team Tips: Will Smith suffered a suspected broken thumb in the win over the Broncos. Joey Lussick or Jordan Rankin will likely compete for the bench utility role. Ryan Matterson is also due back for the Eels after making his way back from a significant concussion in NSW Cup. It gives coach Brad Arthur a welcome headache, with Isaiah Papali’i, Shaun Lane and Oregon Kaufusi all impressing during the Eels’ fast start to the season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...o/news-story/e0908d2c77cf127a923193e18555a97a

Bandwagon

Staff member
Pretty much swap out Smith for Matterson, then decide whether he starts and plays big minutes with Papali'i off the bench, or Matterson to the bench and rotate Papali'i and or Lane through the middle

Gazzamatta

Coach
BA won't drop anyone and will be keen to get Matto back. The only possibility could be to drop Emu back so he gets more conditioning then the Lussick, Rankin or more probable, Perham might get Jersey 17.

Gronk

Staff member

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Matto in for Smith most likely and possibly a small player for Emu if BA decides we need the extra small.

The Doggies haven't exactly been too threatening but I guess at some stage Emu needs to get more minutes, like about 60 more than he has been playing and with the dominance of our pack and Mato returning I can't see him getting too many more in the NRL.