What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8: Eels v Dogs GAME DAY THREAD @ Stadium Australia 1/5/21

eels_fan

First Grade
Take the win after the heat of Darwin last week, we usually lose after Darwin games.

shake it off and prepare for next week v roosters would should be a blockbuster

Eelogical

Referee
Did we get a set restart? Maybe one? ... usually the shit teams give away a bunch just trying to hang in it
I'd like to see stats on set restarts, when they were given in the tackle count and why. If only we had a stat guy who could clarify this.

yy_cheng

Coach
Drown , can't seem to command the ball as mitch and gutho dominates

He can't really get into the game and then make dumb mistakes

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Although I feel Dylan Brown has become just an average standard NRL player. I'm not actually sure what his role in the team is at the moment.
He's still an outstanding defender but we need to get him the ball in space. I reckon fullback would be his best go, at least at this stage of his career. It was good enough for Lockyer and Munster.

yy_cheng

Coach
Gutho is killing it at fb, why would we want Brown there.

Ba probably isn't thinking about that cos mitch played fb when guth came off

strider

Post Whore
He's still an outstanding defender but we need to get him the ball in space. I reckon fullback would be his best go, at least at this stage of his career. It was good enough for Lockyer and Munster.
His strength at the moment is defense ... so put him at fullback where he will do almost none of it .... gutho is a shit hot fullback - no way we move him

Drown is actually playing a very good first receiver .... admittedly all he needs to domis catch and pass, but he is doing it well and helping backline movements to flow

I think Drown's problem is concentration ... dropping balls is just lazy and lack of attention to detail ..... i wouldnt drop him - just give him a good talking to

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
His strength at the moment is defense ... so put him at fullback where he will do almost none of it .... gutho is a shit hot fullback - no way we move him

Drown is actually playing a very good first receiver .... admittedly all he needs to domis catch and pass, but he is doing it well and helping backline movements to flow

I think Drown's problem is concentration ... dropping balls is just lazy and lack of attention to detail ..... i wouldnt drop him - just give him a good talking to
Yeah Drown is best defending up in the line. He just needs to be doing something different in attack. His opportunities to run are far too limited in our current structure, although he was definitely off his game today. Attention to detail was poor.

I think your bang on here Strides!

Soto

Bench
The game felt like slow motion with a couple of spurts of getting out of 2nd gear.
Was the team flat after Darwin? Were they thinking of next Friday's game against the rorters.
We all know dogs lift to play us..
BA in the past has erred big time with his bench. Tonight i think he used it really well. Brought RCG back on when dogs were mounting a mini comeback and also liked he gave Fergo and Guth early marks. Good to see Dunster get decent game time...onwards and upwards Eels :clap::clap::clap:

Latest posts