What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maroons team for the successful 2021 Origin series

ALX25

Bench
Storm forward Felise Kaufusi could miss the opening State of Origin match for Queensland after being charged with tripping.

Kaufusi has been handed a grade-one offence for a 74th-minute incident involving Broncos hooker Jake Turpin.

Due to two previous non-similar offences in the past two years, he will miss one game irrespective of whether he submits an early guilty plea or unsuccessfully challenges the charge at the judiciary.

See: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/28/round-12-charges/

ALX25

Bench

ALX25

Bench
Hopefully a big game from Murray Taulagi tonight as a bit of a smokey to nab a centre spot.

davi

Juniors
Queensland predicament at five-eight is so dire they may name Cameron Munster and going to give him until the 11th hour to get healthy.

Andrew Johns has said that Corey Norman should be named if Munster is no good. The problem for Queensland is that other options are pretty lame. Ben Hunt is not a five eight and Kalyn Ponga has barely played any football. Never mind playing five eight in a state of origin which means it could be Norman by default.

Johns has also suggested it AJ Brimson who should start at fullback. I agree with him but I still think Queensland will name Ponga (If he's healthy).

If Felise Kaufusi is suspended, Kurt Capewell and Jaydn Su'A are the main contenders to replace him in the second row its been reported.

jim_57

Staff member
Queensland predicament at five-eight is so dire they may name Cameron Munster and going to give him until the 11th hour to get healthy.

Andrew Johns has said that Corey Norman should be named if Munster is no good. The problem for Queensland is that other options are pretty lame. Ben Hunt is not a five eight and Kalyn Ponga has barely played any football. Never mind playing five eight in a state of origin which means it could be Norman by default.

Johns has also suggested it AJ Brimson who should start at fullback. I agree with him but I still think Queensland will name Ponga (If he's healthy).

If Felise Kaufusi is suspended, Kurt Capewell and Jaydn Su'A are the main contenders to replace him in the second row its been reported.

I’d honestly go Walker or Walsh over Norman.

Hartwood

Juniors
Via courier mail likely team

1 Kalyn Ponga, 2 Valentine Holmes, 3 Dane Gagai, 4 Kurt Capewell, 5 Xavier Coates, 6 Cameron Munster, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c), 8 Christian Welch, 9 Reed Mahoney, 10 Jai Arrow, 11 David Fifita, 12 Felise Kaufusi, 13 Tino Fa'asuamaleaui. Bench: 14 Harry Grant, 15 Moeaki Fotuaika, 16 Joe Ofahengaue, 17 Jaydn Su'A. Reserves: 18 AJ Brimson, 19 Coen Hess, 20 Kyle Feldt.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
could be another 5 injuries and feldt will still be named a reserve. Will be shame when he retires without a single maroon cap and brenko lee and phillip sami have several

Big Pete

Referee
Via courier mail likely team

1 Kalyn Ponga, 2 Valentine Holmes, 3 Dane Gagai, 4 Kurt Capewell, 5 Xavier Coates, 6 Cameron Munster, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c), 8 Christian Welch, 9 Reed Mahoney, 10 Jai Arrow, 11 David Fifita, 12 Felise Kaufusi, 13 Tino Fa'asuamaleaui. Bench: 14 Harry Grant, 15 Moeaki Fotuaika, 16 Joe Ofahengaue, 17 Jaydn Su'A. Reserves: 18 AJ Brimson, 19 Coen Hess, 20 Kyle Feldt.

This squad was confirmed but it wasn't organised into a team list. I'm sure Green is just waiting for the results of medicals and I suspect there will be some late changes.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I must be the only one but I’d rather Brimson over Ponga and it’s not close

How does Su’A make the side! He’s in terrible form

Hartwood

Juniors
1 Kalyn Ponga
2 Xavier Coates
3 Kurt Capewell
4 Dane Gagai
5 Valentine Holmes
6 Cameron Munster
7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8 Christian Welch
9 Harry Grant
10 Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
11 Felise Kaufusi
12 David Fifita
13 Jai Arrow
14 AJ Brimson
15 Jaydn Su'A
16 Moeaki Fotuaika
17 Joe Ofahengaue
18 Kyle Feldt
19 Reed Mahoney
20 Coen Hess

confirmed team list

I'd have AJ ahead of Ponga.
Brimson, Coates, Capewell, Gagai, Holmes, Munster, C-Evans, Welsh, Grant, Arrow, Fifita, Kaufusi, Hess 14-Mahoney 15-Fotuaika 16-Fa'asumeleaui 17-Sa'A

davi

Juniors
Its been confirmed that Kalyn Ponga has been ruled out for state of origin 1. But it may not be Aj Brimson going to fullback as there is the possibility of moving Valentine Holmes to fullback with Kyle Feldt coming into the side on the wing which I think would be a mistake,

beave

Coach
Its been confirmed that Kalyn Ponga has been ruled out for state of origin 1. But it may not be Aj Brimson going to fullback as there is the possibility of moving Valentine Holmes to fullback with Kyle Feldt coming into the side on the wing which I think would be a mistake,

Brimson is under an injury cloud with his knee. I think he would be the better choice as origin fullback as well though, even if Ponga was fit.

Latest posts