What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

BLM01

First Grade
On a lighter note not Dragons related.
He is my 1st player picked for origin but how does Cam Murray not get charged for his crusher, only on light of following all the innocuous accidential crusher charges this year.
He should be at least missing origin based on consistency.or am i seeing it wrong

blacksafake

First Grade
He is my 1st player picked for origin but how does Cam Murray not get charged for his crusher, only on light of following all the innocuous accidential crusher charges this year.
He should be at least missing origin based on consistency.or am i seeing it wrong
I like him too but it’s blatantly obvious that there’s been a direction from higher up not to charge him. Maybe if Radley was available he’d have been charged :thinking:

Gareth67

First Grade

Pleeeease - don’t get me started , not on a Sunday , Ethel doesn’t like it when the swear words fly on the sabbath .

Dragon David

First Grade
Pleeeease - don’t get me started , not on a Sunday , Ethel doesn’t like it when the swear words fly on the sabbath .
Look it is obvious that the NRL is wanting the SOO series to be very successful to help bring in the big advertising bucks for the networks who are showing it on free to air and later on pay TV. Being able to have the best players available to represent the States is paramount as any lopsided scores will reduce the impact of the show to the viewers so there is leniency being given to those players who could be picked for the squads.

It is a shame that this is the situation when we know that favouritism occurs in the sport. The Dragons have been made an example and that is all that matters as far as the NRL is concerned as we have always copped it in the past.

The top teams are the cream and the lowly ones remain the dregs.

thebigredv

First Grade
A lot of players getting off at the judiciary at the moment. Dragons might like to fight more often. It's in part killing our season.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well I suppose we were all expecting as much and we certainly were not disappointed . How the blind sods at the judiciary found that he had no charge to answer is beyond the capacity of my grey matter . The bloke has 3 previous charges against him this season yet still his regarded as a choir boy , simply unbelievable !

Griffin said after the Storm match when the Dragons lost so many players due to being reported , that the NRL must ensure that it follows it hard line stance when the SOO teams are playing and being selected .

Well Griffo undoubtedly they heard what you had to say , but they have decided that their Television deals with the media conglomerates are far more important than the little people of rugby league and for that matter the integrity of the game .

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade

Apologies gents did not see your posts on Kafusi , started another thread on same subject

thebigredv

First Grade
Apologies gents did not see your posts on Kafusi , started another thread on same subject

Gareth, there can not be enough threads on the rorts that exist in the game. They are a little too obvious for comfort.

I do think we need to start chancing our arm, or better yet not come up with so many brain explosions on the field.

getsmarty

Immortal
fb_img_1619484071158-jpg.47944

Crush

Coach
It’s time to just let it go and get on with watching the footy.
If you focus on the judiciary it’ll just do your head in.
I don’t care anymore about it.
Can’t wait for Thursday night, I reckon it’ll be a fun game to watch.

Gareth67

First Grade
It’s time to just let it go and get on with watching the footy.
If you focus on the judiciary it’ll just do your head in.
I don’t care anymore about it.
Can’t wait for Thursday night, I reckon it’ll be a fun game to watch.

I would like to , but I have lost my whittling knife . :frowning2:

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Well I suppose we were all expecting as much and we certainly were not disappointed . How the blind sods at the judiciary found that he had no charge to answer is beyond the capacity of my grey matter . The bloke has 3 previous charges against him this season yet still his regarded as a choir boy , simply unbelievable !

Griffin said after the Storm match when the Dragons lost so many players due to being reported , that the NRL must ensure that it follows it hard line stance when the SOO teams are playing and being selected .

Well Griffo undoubtedly they heard what you had to say , but they have decided that their Television deals with the media conglomerates are far more important than the little people of rugby league .
Gareth67 you get what I mean about this whole shit show just sick of this bias bullshit that has been going on years. It will get to the stage where I just won’t be bothered with footy at all.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
What a complete farce ....He didnt try to trip The Donkeys player Turpin...he was trying to quickly get to his feet.....really !!!!!!.....the weak as water judiciary members should have asked Kafusi then lay on the floor and demonstrate how lifting your upmost foot up and out whilst the other was on the ground was going to help you get up quickly....it was reason enough to charge him in the first place but they accept a piss poor excuse as that and he gets off..... seriously this game of ours is becoming a complete and utter joke....the powers to be are worried that AFL and other codes are becoming a serious threat and yet they treat us all like idiots .......

Last edited:

Dorsai

Juniors
I caught part of an interview on 2GB sports with Mark Levi after 6 today interviewing the ref for the SOO game.

he was asked about head contact and he basically said any contact with the head would be the responsibility of the defender. This is regardless of if the player is jumping, falling, whatever.

so I give you Tedesco, the serial falling ball player. Scenario 1, he is running at the defender and starts to drop, as he always does, and his head makes contact with the defenders chest. The ref sin bins the defender.

scenario 2, he is running at the defender, drops again, and his head hits the defenders groin. Ref sin bins the defender.

as laughable as that sounds, that’s exactly what the bloke said. All liability lies with the defender. Any contact with the head, regardless of the type, will result in a sin bin.

so what stops the astute coach from getting his players, not mentioning said Tedesco who is already playing this game, to always drop in the tackle and hit their head into the defender. Automatic sin bin, automatic advantage.