What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

blacksafake

First Grade
Did Hook actually say he’s not wanted or did he just say he won’t be our fullback next year.
If it’s the latter then just maybe he see’s Dufty in another role.
Some say Hook is calling the manager’s bluff in order to get him a bit cheaper. If so when you look at the clubs who may be interested it’s likely only the broncos or dogs( depending on where jac plays) who would be & they’re currently cellar dwellers.
I love the commentators saying plenty of clubs will be lining up for him. Do they even know who the fullbacks are in these so called clubs are. Lol

denis preston

First Grade
Hook maybe judging Duff by not how he plays when his side is flogging someone but how he plays when we are behind and need a lift. Alright to play like tonight against a side with no defence but you pay a player based on how he will go against the best teams. Don't know being the devils advocate here , but for me unless he has got a very seriously good fullback to replace him this seems very mysterious.

TruSaint

Referee
Hook maybe judging Duff by not how he plays when his side is flogging someone but how he plays when we are behind and need a lift. Alright to play like tonight against a side with no defence but you pay a player based on how he will go against the best teams. Don't know being the devils advocate here , but for me unless he has got a very seriously good fullback to replace him this seems very mysterious.

Im sure there is stuff that we are not privy to, but as it stands unless we have a "better" target then we are depending on Ramsey.

As much as i like Ramsey, he is a winger as was shown tonite.

mickeylane

Bench
Griffin alluded to more than football issues....make of it what you want....sad to see him go, but whispers have been there for a while. Wish Matty Dufty all the best except for when he plays against us....hope he has a great remainder of the year.
yep exactly the issues off the field must be massive to be letting him go...in saying all this really excited about young Sloan if he's being looked at as the replacement...if not I wonder what Hook is thinking...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Griffin alluded to more than football issues....make of it what you want....sad to see him go, but whispers have been there for a while. Wish Matty Dufty all the best except for when he plays against us....hope he has a great remainder of the year.
A sensible comment. I personally think it’s more just a money thing. He wants more than we are willing to pay and management and the club haven’t been able to come to an agreement.

Old Timer

Coach
FMD we played the Bronco’s coached by Kevvie the rookie coach with Alfie running around the field telling stories from over 20 years ago.

Yes Dufty showed how good / dynamic he can be but he also showed how bad he can be with some very ordinary defence.

Whilst it’s all good to high five the spectacular against the lacklustre it is gut wrenching for those that bust their arse defending when the effort is lacking by others that get / love the accolades for being good at just 1 aspect of the game.

I would be interested in Jack Bird’s take on a try scored or a try saved.

Illusion

Bench
But was it last year the chant was the fullback must have the skill to pass the ball. Well here we are Duff can pass the ball and set up play just like an extra half. What more do we want. Oh must be able the defend the tryline against opposition 110kg plus.
This in a nut shell ......

getsmarty

Immortal
Duff didn't drop a high ball tonight where as Ramsey did. So what do we make of that. Compare with Osaka who I like big body etc Duff played all over him

What we should make of it is...Dufty.. 5 years in the Top Grade and Ramsey in his 2nd...That's for starters....Secondly, we don't know what the plan is yet....Lets just enjoy the win.

rasaint

Juniors
Fellow dragons tragic I have posted that Matt Dufty is not a ‘superstar’.

That acknowledged:

1. His defence and positional play is no worse that most fullbacks. Of course some posters on the forum can’t stand Duff. Fair enough we all have our opinions. I notice that any kick through try against our team is ‘ because of Dufty’s poor positional play’. Tonight the same things are being said. Apparently he let 3 trys in. The two trys by the Broncos big bopper back rower ( best Bronco on the park) were misses by others including JDB. Actually Duff almost stopped his second standing on the line; then he actually saved one standing on the line getting under the ball.
2. He can be dodgy under the high ball when jumping and jostled. Generally catches them. Caught a great one tonight whilst the heir apparent put down a couple ( BTW I really like Cody as a winger).
3. He is an sensational attacking player. Blistering speed. Only a handful in the NRL could outrun him. Tonight down 6 to nil, he cut through one on one and sent Bird scampering over.His blistering chase tonight on the half time set us up with a confident second half.
4. Now 44 NRL tries scored in under 4 seasons! Many wonderful sublime individual trys and also long range trys. We have all seen them. A number against the best oppositions. Some trys very few could score.
5. His passing is now outstanding. Absolutely sublime.
6. His post game interview tonight was heartfelt. He is a local junior, only ever wanted to play for the Dragons. Penshurst RSL I understand.
7. Never say never. We don’t have a player like Duff. Cody is not the answer. Who knows whether some of Possm’s juniors like Sloan will make it in the NRL. If his asking price is say $450k or less please sign him. Yes we can win a comp with Duff at fullback. We would have in 2018 except for cruel injuries to senior/ best players at the end of season.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Did Hook actually say he’s not wanted or did he just say he won’t be our fullback next year.
If it’s the latter then just maybe he see’s Dufty in another role.
Some say Hook is calling the manager’s bluff in order to get him a bit cheaper. If so when you look at the clubs who may be interested it’s likely only the broncos or dogs( depending on where jac plays) who would be & they’re currently cellar dwellers.
I love the commentators saying plenty of clubs will be lining up for him. Do they even know who the fullbacks are in these so called clubs are. Lol
Exactly, that’s why I believe it’s just a money issue. He wants Tedesco, Pap money but we want to pay Dylan Edwards money and neither party will budge. He doesn’t seem like a dickhead to me. And he does have a game in him like tonight even though it was against an under strength cellar dweller.

getsmarty

Immortal
I like all of the Dufty posts tonight. Without him we may not have won. He is the key to our future success under Griffin. He leaves and we will have nothing.

Ramsey who? He has hands like feet and can finish a try but lacks creativity and is easily handled in defence.

If we lose Dufty, my god PLEASE ACTIVATE A SACK GRIFFIN THREAD.

Really...come on @Dragon David ....your better than that....

Latest posts