What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R13 Fri - Wests Tigers 26-6 Penrith @ Leichhardt

Round 13: Wests Tigers v Penrith

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Frog

First Grade
If he doesn’t get hit in the head he doesn’t drop the ball, why are people acting like this is controversial
There was a high shot, but the ball had already been knocked out before the high contact (by a fraction of a second). The fact that it was high did not cause him to lose the ball because the ball was lost before the contact took place. So quite different to Ainscough in '99. Perhaps Annesley might look at this one.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I am not sure there is much bad blood on the Cleary side towards the Tigers. When you hear him talk about him leaving he appears genuinely remorseful about how the whole thing went down. But given his ambitions to coach his son it was an opportunity too good to give up.

But I can see that the Tigers fans have a different view and last night was the first time they got a chance to vent at home since Ivan left. So I will give them a pass for last night. Hopefully it is a bit more family friendly from here on though...
I said to a mate that I think last night might put to bed the whole Cleary thing for Tigers fans. That was the first time we had him back at a Traditional home ground so he was always going to cop it regardless of the result. The fact that we got a win and got to give him some back after the kiss incident probably gives the closure that was needed. There will no doubt always be a rivarly but daresay the animosity will disappear.

Tiger5150

Bench
I think Ivan missed a trick
I said to a mate that I think last night might put to bed the whole Cleary thing for Tigers fans. That was the first time we had him back at a Traditional home ground so he was always going to cop it regardless of the result. The fact that we got a win and got to give him some back after the kiss incident probably gives the closure that was needed. There will no doubt always be a rivarly but daresay the animosity will disappear.

I think Ivan could have handled it better in the presser (not that he handled it badly). I thought he could have said something like " Yeah well I blew them the kiss last time, so fair play this this time, every pantomime needs a villain" and that could have put it all to bed. I actually get the impression that Ivan is not that self aware and seems to be genuinely not understanding why Tigers fans are pissed with him.

I think Ivan missed a trick

I think Ivan could have handled it better in the presser (not that he handled it badly). I thought he could have said something like " Yeah well I blew them the kiss last time, so fair play this this time, every pantomime needs a villain" and that could have put it all to bed. I actually get the impression that Ivan is not that self aware and seems to be genuinely not understanding why Tigers fans are pissed with him.

Maybe that is right. But Ivan doesn’t seem to be the type to take a backward step.

Tiger5150

Bench
Maybe that is right. But Ivan doesn’t seem to be the type to take a backward step.

Maybe, but everyone gets to select their own level of merkinery.

Ivan will be the coach of the minor premiers, thats a pretty big FU to any abuse from a disgruntled Tigers fan. Not sure more is required. I liked him at the Tigers, now he seems to be a merkin.

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Tigers will always have this win against a Panthers side missing 8 stars to comfort them in rough times..

Last edited:

Latest posts