What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
I was surprised by the article in SMH re dufty
clearly he isn’t a dufty fan
it’s a surprise they would waste the time and size of the article essentially on a player of duftys stature in the game ie not really a great or important player , he not Tedesco and co !

if he is a Saints fan
he would have done the club more of a favour if he put in that amount effort into a similar critique on the peanut a few years ago

can he do a similar one about Norman at least next week !
Very good point about Chalmas's article on a nufty .....with fans like that who needs enemas

thebigredv

First Grade
I'd say from the debate in this thread there is more intrigue in Dufty's performance tomorrow than the result of the game. I reckon he will have a blinder and score a hat trick.

redv13

Bench
I'd say from the debate in this thread there is more intrigue in Dufty's performance tomorrow than the result of the game. I reckon he will have a blinder and score a hat trick.
Mate I hope you’re right and we put a big score on the bulldogs. Afternoon footy, fast dry track, no reason that we can’t put on a show. I’m torn on Dufty, love him when he’s on but geez he looks very ordinary when he’s off. Part of me hopes that Hook has a change of heart but at the end of the day I’ll trust his judgment on this one

There is only one stat that matters we have been in the 8 all year and are still in the 8. This is despite a massive injury and suspension toll and the rule changes as mentioned by others. Despite your creative use of for and against stats how about the all important stat of wins/losses? Last year he had 7 dubyas all year. We are already up to 6, likely 7 tomorrow.

Care to update us on your thoughts now?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Care to update us on your thoughts now?
No need, we will still win more games than we did last year. On top of that, this is still a largely McGregor squad. If we didn't buy Macca we would have been running with BB as McInnes is injured. We are not going to turn this team around overnight. Mary has probably never had as many out during his tenure as Hook. We have a bye and 10 games or so to reel in the 12 points we got to last year so yeah ill leave it there...

I have and when we in that slump after the magic round debacle we were in a far worse position with quality of players out from last year
Let alone playing a game with 12 men which was a write off
and much lower on the ladder same time last year
more facts
Outside of statistical for and against what is your facts to back up why we are no better side than last year at the mid way point

here’s a stat for ya..

6-28..

We’ve just been flogged by the current last place side... A side that’s had 366 points posted against them before today, an average of just under 29 per game...

Yet our side, only minus a hooker n captain Griffin couldn’t keep, and Zac Lomax... could only manage 6 points against...

We’ve won 2 games of our last 9 matches...

But... But...... injuries......

You can stay in your mindset we are a better team than last year....

No need, we will still win more games than we did last year. On top of that, this is still a largely McGregor squad. If we didn't buy Macca we would have been running with BB as McInnes is injured. We are not going to turn this team around overnight. Mary has probably never had as many out during his tenure as Hook. We have a bye and 10 games or so to reel in the 12 points we got to last year so yeah ill leave it there...

2 wins in our last 9 matches..

Yet it’s mcgregors fault...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
2 wins in our last 11 matches..

Yet it’s mcgregors fault...
It is not entirely his fault but you would have to be an idiot to think the squad he shaped over the last 7 years has no bearing on where we are right now. Our main factors are injuries and suspensions currently. We have only had two bad losses this year. The Bulldogs and the Tigers last game, the rest we have at least been competitive. I would say with the Dufty and Norman news the team morale is pretty low. Tough coaches make tough decisions it is that simple. It is not overnight fix, was never going to be.

BLM01

First Grade
here’s a stat for ya..

6-28..

We’ve just been flogged by the current last place side... A side that’s had 366 points posted against them before today, an average of just under 29 per game...

Yet our side, only minus a hooker n captain Griffin couldn’t keep, and Zac Lomax... could only manage 6 points against...

We’ve won 2 games of our last 9 matches...

But... But...... injuries......

You can stay in your mindset we are a better team than last year....
So you have waited for a poor performance to ram home your point
Ok you won
We were better under McGregor

It is not entirely his fault but you would have to be an idiot to think the squad he shaped over the last 7 years has no bearing on where we are right now. Our main factors are injuries and suspensions currently. We have only had two bad losses this year. The Bulldogs and the Tigers last game, the rest we have at least been competitive. I would say with the Dufty and Norman news the team morale is pretty low. Tough coaches make tough decisions it is that simple. It is not overnight fix, was never going to be.

What an idiot is is a matter of opinion... my argument has never been McGregor was a great coach, but that we are not any better as it stands...

And after today’s flogging at the hands of the last placed team... it’s my opinion we are worse.

The quality of the comp is worse too... and our “top 8” status is proof of the farce it is. We are still there, losing 2 games more than we’ve won. The cowboys are top 8 now and have a points differential of over -100...

But regarding injuries and players out... you can focus on that if it makes you feel better...

But here’s some news - we ain’t the only team with players missing...

Teams we’ve played have had many missing too, and arguably of higher quality than us...

Some examples of players missing when we’ve played them..

Cowboys - included Taumalolo n Morgan
Manly - Tom Trbojevic (who were woeful when he was out but brilliant when he was back)
Knights - Ponga, Best, Lee, Pearce (in game)
Storm - Grant, Munster, Smith, Papenhuyzen (in game)
Roosters - Friend, Keary, Cordner, Lam, verrills

Injuries..... I more see what others accused McGregor of ... excuses..

And we’ve just had our arses handed to us by the last placed Bulldogs.

I truly hope we lift.... and actually prove we are a better team than last year over the coming weeks.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
What an idiot is is a matter of opinion... my argument has never been McGregor was a great coach, but that we are not any better as it stands...

And after today’s flogging at the hands of the last placed team... it’s my opinion we are worse.

The quality of the comp is worse too... and our “top 8” status is proof of the farce it is. We are still there, losing 2 games more than we’ve won. The cowboys are top 8 now and have a points differential of over -100...

But regarding injuries and players out... you can focus on that if it makes you feel better...

But here’s some news - we ain’t the only team with players missing...

Teams we’ve played have had many missing too, and arguably of higher quality than us...

Some examples of players missing when we’ve played them..

Cowboys - included Taumalolo n Morgan
Manly - Tom Trbojevic (who were woeful when he was out but brilliant when he was back)
Knights - Ponga, Best, Lee, Pearce (in game)
Storm - Grant, Munster, Smith, Papenhuyzen (in game)
Roosters - Friend, Keary, Cordner, Lam, verrills

Injuries..... I more see what others accused McGregor of ... excuses..

And we’ve just had our arses handed to us by the last placed Bulldogs.

I truly hope we lift.... and actually prove we are a better team than last year over the coming weeks.
Instead of writing an essay, tell me what do you propose? I will simply leave it at that.

Latest posts