What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14: Parra v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 13/6/21

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The story so far:
  • 19 Grand Slam titles and counting
  • a joint record of 36 masters titles and counting (with Nadal)
  • a record 6 masters titles won in the one year
  • a joint record of 6 year end no. 1 finishes and counting (with Sampras)
  • most weeks ranked no. 1 in the world at 324 weeks and counting (Federer is on 310, Nadal 209)
  • 5 ATP Tour Finals victories and counting (behind only Federer's 6) --> Nadal has zero
  • only one of three men's players ever to have won all 4 Grand Slams in a row (with Rod Laver and Don Budge)
  • only men's player ever to win all four Grand Slams in a row on three different surfaces
  • only one of three men's players to win all four Grand Slams at least twice each (with Laver and Emerson) and the only one to do it in the open era
  • only men's player to have reached the final of each Grand Slam on at least 6 occasions each
  • highest ever accrued ranking points in mid 2016 having been the holder of all four Grand Slams, the ATP Tour Finals, and a host of masters tournaments
  • undoubtedly, the player of the decade for 2010-2020 in what was a talent laden era with the Big 3, Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka, Juan Martin Del Potro, Jo Wilfred Tsonga etc.
  • a positive H2H record against all major rivals throughout the era - Nadal, Federer, Murray, Wawrinka, Del Potro, Tsonga etc... interestingly, Djokovic is the player all the other Big 4 players have played most in matches between the Big 4 in their careers indicating that Djokovic was consistently competing and having to go through Nadal, Federer and Murray to achieve the above
  • a Davis Cup victory with a relative tennis minnow like Serbia
  • clearly one of the most clutch players the game has seen... and compare Nole's mental strength with that of Federer who has something like 23-24 match losses AFTER having match points to win including his infamous 40-15 trilogy against Djokovic
  • all of the above done entirely in the era of Federer and Rafa with Djokovic only starting to win after Federer and Rafa were already multiple GS winners --> Federer already had 16 GS titles in 2010 before Djokovic had won his second GS at the Oz Open
  • all of the above done with western fans and pundits and the media unabashedly against him... probably why Federer is such a mental midget --> during his peak, all his opponents rolled over for him (except Nadal at the French Open), the media kissed his arse constantly too soon the talk was Federer vs history, him wearing an embroidered '15' on a jacket after breaking Sampras' record etc., but he never faced adversity and prevailed... if anything, he was more likely to break down and cry.
Great player and may well go down as the best ever, but a box-headed buffoon. When he was dancing semi-naked in that bullshit tournament that he created mid COVID he just confirmed that he will always be an unlikable shitbag.

Avenger

Immortal
Great player - dumb as a door.
The man speaks several languages and has a degree in philosophy. How is he dumb?
Great player and may well go down as the best ever, but a box-headed buffoon. When he was dancing semi-naked in that bullshit tournament that he created mid COVID he just confirmed that he will always be an unlikable shitbag.
The western media worked a treat with you.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Which media does that ?
I'm suggesting that I trust western media more than I would any other source beyond the west.

Its not important though. Western media is a term you introduced. My opinion on boxhead is based on what I have witnessed him do over many years.

I don't buy for a second that there is a conspiracy against him.

An amazing athlete, but he has had a major role in determining his own fate when it comes to being popular.

Personally, I think him and his fans should ignore it. He is a great player and has been a quality villian over many years. People are thickshits and as soon as Nadal and Federer retire he'll be everyone's hero when he lifts his 25th grand slam trophy.

Avenger

Immortal
I'm suggesting that I trust western media more than I would any other source beyond the west.

Its not important though. Western media is a term you introduced. My opinion on boxhead is based on what I have witnessed him do over many years.

An amazing athlete, but he has had a major role in determining his own fate when it comes to being popular.

Personally, I think him and his fans should ignore it. He is a great player and has been a quality villian over many years. People are thickshits and as soon as Nadal and Federer retire he'll be everyone's hero when he lifts his 25th grand slam trophy.
When he celebrates and screams he does sometimes come across as a tool.
However I have watched plenty of his Interviews and he is very articulate and an extremely generous man. I really like Nadal but I can’t cop Federer he is a sook and his nice guy persona comes across as contrived to me.

Eelogical

Referee

I get all my relevant info from Rebel News and Sky.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
When he celebrates and screams he does sometimes come across as a tool.
However I have watched plenty of his Interviews and he is very articulate and an extremely generous man. I really like Nadal but I can’t cop Federer he is a sook and his nice guy persona comes across as contrived to me.
I would never call him dumb.

I don't think he'll ever be considered a nice guy, but who cares? Even his harshest critics can't deny his fighting spirit and champion qualities.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
It's obvious Gutful doesn't like Mediterranean Descendants, that's because 2/3rds of his paycheck go to a Mediterranean Descendant for the house he rents.

TheParraboy

Staff member
The HT entertainment was brilliant at Bankwest Stadium yesterday

Someone using a long sling shot and shooting stuff into the crowd!! The ground announcer yelling at the top of his voice for Parra fans to stand up to catch whatever was being thrown (little footballs i think), even though this was happening down at one end of the ground only.

Sweet Caroline was played like 10 times throughout the match, so annoying to say the least

Eelogical

Referee
The HT entertainment was brilliant at Bankwest Stadium yesterday

Someone using a long sling shot and shooting stuff into the crowd!! The ground announcer yelling at the top of his voice for Parra fans to stand up to catch whatever was being thrown (little footballs i think), even though this was happening down at one end of the ground only.

Sweet Caroline was played like 10 times throughout the match, so annoying to say the least
We need to talk to somebody about that.

Latest posts