What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14: Parra v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 13/6/21

Gazzamatta

Coach
The HT entertainment was brilliant at Bankwest Stadium yesterday

Someone using a long sling shot and shooting stuff into the crowd!! The ground announcer yelling at the top of his voice for Parra fans to stand up to catch whatever was being thrown (little footballs i think), even though this was happening down at one end of the ground only.

Sweet Caroline was played like 10 times throughout the match, so annoying to say the least
No sling shots at our end. I'm feeling ripped off.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The man speaks several languages and has a degree in philosophy. How is he dumb?
I reckon plenty of idiots would tick both of those boxes. Speaking several languages is what happens when you grow up in a place where many languages are spoken. Most Europeans speak English plus their mother tongue. It's about exposure not intelligence.

A degree in philosophy just requires money and free time. In fact, if you live in a place where governments subsidise tertiary education (or guarantee loans) you don't even need money. Just free time.

That said, I don't think anyone could be capable of the level of success Djokovic has achieved if they were stupid, regardless of their work ethic or natural talent. He's obviously smart enough.

The HT entertainment was brilliant at Bankwest Stadium yesterday

Someone using a long sling shot and shooting stuff into the crowd!! The ground announcer yelling at the top of his voice for Parra fans to stand up to catch whatever was being thrown (little footballs i think), even though this was happening down at one end of the ground only.

Sweet Caroline was played like 10 times throughout the match, so annoying to say the least
Unfortunately Sweet Caroline is played every time Moses scores a try or kicks a goal at bankwest, every player in the squad has a selected song as part of a game day playlist. FFS Mitchy get some taste!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
The man speaks several languages and has a degree in philosophy. How is he dumb?

The western media worked a treat with you.

* The infamous Adria Tour

* Refusing to wear a mask at the Australian Open Final, despite it being clearly listed as a requisite

* His list of Covid demands at tournaments

I've no doubt that the man is book smart, and he is a brilliant player, with a great sense of humour.

However, his childish, immature, and downright selfish behaviour paints him as a spud, imo.

Donald Trump has more money than God - he'd have to be one of the dumbest people on the planet.

Mayim Bialik has a degree in neuroscience - that didn't stop her from flapping her gums about how women in the "Me, Too" Movement against Harvey Weinstein had it coming for the way they dressed...

Djokovic is a public figure, and a hugely influential one, at that - his behaviour, especially in light of a global pandemic, highlights a man of impertinent arrogance, and colossal stupidity, imo. He has little self-awareness.

I'm suggesting that I trust western media more than I would any other source beyond the west.

Its not important though. Western media is a term you introduced. My opinion on boxhead is based on what I have witnessed him do over many years.

I don't buy for a second that there is a conspiracy against him.

An amazing athlete, but he has had a major role in determining his own fate when it comes to being popular.

Personally, I think him and his fans should ignore it. He is a great player and has been a quality villian over many years. People are thickshits and as soon as Nadal and Federer retire he'll be everyone's hero when he lifts his 25th grand slam trophy.
Who is this and what have you done with @Gary Gutful ?????

crocodile

Bench
Great player and may well go down as the best ever, but a box-headed buffoon. When he was dancing semi-naked in that bullshit tournament that he created mid COVID he just confirmed that he will always be an unlikable shitbag.
I actually find him quite funny.