What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to ?

horrie hastings

First Grade
The new Gary Numan album Intruder.

After 40 years, the guy is still at the top of his game.

So many, owe so much to this bloke.

Crazy too, Gary had sooooo many pre-sales via his online sales that it debuted at #2 on the UK Albums Chart.

This is the first cut off the album. Had it on repeat for days (along with the US remix of Roxette's Joyride ... I just nabbed their 3 disc archive set).

Yes saw an interview with him yesterday promoting the new album, looking forward to listening to the album sometime soon.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
The new Gary Numan album Intruder.

After 40 years, the guy is still at the top of his game.

So many, owe so much to this bloke.

Crazy too, Gary had sooooo many pre-sales via his online sales that it debuted at #2 on the UK Albums Chart.

This is the first cut off the album. Had it on repeat for days (along with the US remix of Roxette's Joyride ... I just nabbed their 3 disc archive set).

Even though the music is poles apart from Gary Numan i am looking forward to this new album from Diana Ross.
Both Gary Numan and Diana Ross are in my top artist lists of all time.

Even though the music is poles apart from Gary Numan i am looking forward to this new album from Diana Ross.
Both Gary Numan and Diana Ross are in my top artist lists of all time.

Recently watched one of those MTV docos highlighting 3 songs by a star. Diana Ross was the subject and just fantastic.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Voyage -ABBA

After the earlier release of two cracker tracks the latest ABBA album, the first in 40 years has been released. Will give it a few more listens but overall i found it a bit meh, maybe i was expecting to much after I Still Have Faith In You and Don't Shut Me Down, don't get me wrong , there are still some very good moments but like most albums ABBA have ever done there is at least one howler in it and this one is the Christmas song, Little Things which is truly awful. Will give it a few more listens before i give it the thumbs up or thumbs down. Best of the new tracks that weren't originally released before the album came out is No Doubt About It.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Played ABBA's Voyage tonight and on second listen it gets the thumbs up, to be fair i originally listened to the album in bits and pieces on you tube but tonight played the whole album in full on CD and definitely a winner , ABBA still produce the angst that they had in their later years from about 37- 40 years ago and Benny and Bjorn can still tell a story through the songs. I thought tonight i can die a happy man now ABBA had released new material in my life time.

Also played Diana Ross's new album Thank You which was released yesterday also, have to admit on first listen, i love it, her voice is fine form for a 77 year old, some excellent tracks, even the better half who was skeptical said it is fantastic and loves it.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I'm loving Voyage heaps as well, "Ode To Freedom" had me reaching for the tissues during my first listen!!!

Ode To Freedom has been in my head all day, it is just brilliant and is the perfect final track on the album, the whole album is a master stroke, my better half said ABBA in their autumnal years are just as good or even better than before.

Yesterday i couldn't get Keep An Eye On Dan and No Doubt About It out of my head. Once i heard the album in full and in proper running order of the tracks i was hooked.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Have 5 CDs on shuffle at the moment.

The Vanda and Young official songbook
Simon and Garfunkle the Definitive collection
The Best of Silver Convention
The Rumour-Olivia Newton John
Voyage-ABBA.