What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Death in Texas.
Prob in the B grade class but I give it a B+
Stars Ronnie Gene Blevins, Bruce Dean, Stephen Lang & Lara Flynn Boyle.
Story is about a prisoner released on parole as his mother is dying of liver failure .
He does what any good son does ...tries to find the $$$ for a transplant, but when you steal from the Cartel things get nasty.
A few holes in the plot( lol par for the course these days ) but still enjoyable.
7.5/10

Matua

Bench
Has anyone watched this, what a great film:

Yep, I've watched it, normally I love Scorsese but I found that to be one of the most boring movies I've ever watched. It may have been better with Driver in the lead because I find the main guy to be lacking any charisma whatsoever in any role he plays.

Not arguing with your opinion, just answering your question. 😀

Death in Texas.
Prob in the B grade class but I give it a B+
Stars Ronnie Gene Blevins, Bruce Dean, Stephen Lang & Lara Flynn Boyle.
Story is about a prisoner released on parole as his mother is dying of liver failure .
He does what any good son does ...tries to find the $$$ for a transplant, but when you steal from the Cartel things get nasty.
A few holes in the plot( lol par for the course these days ) but still enjoyable.
7.5/10
Sounds good Phillip.

Mark B

Juniors
Got around to watching Tenet. Typical Nolan plot with a lot of unanswered questions/guess work for the audience. That being said, it is pretty impressive production wise. The beginning scene at the opera along with the freeway heist is just outstanding film making IMHO. Well worth a look.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Got around to watching Tenet. Typical Nolan plot with a lot of unanswered questions/guess work for the audience. That being said, it is pretty impressive production wise. The beginning scene at the opera along with the freeway heist is just outstanding film making IMHO. Well worth a look.
I really enjoyed Tenet, looked amazing and it really made me think but what the hell was going on with the sound. I struggled to hear what people were saying throughout the movie.

Mark B

Juniors
I really enjoyed Tenet, looked amazing and it really made me think but what the hell was going on with the sound. I struggled to hear what people were saying throughout the movie.
Agreed Hiney. Nolan is the master of using real stuff instead of CGI. Where most would have used CGI for the Jumbo Jet scene he used an actual 747.

Matua

Bench
I'm looking forward to watching Tenet again so that I can better rate it in my head. I remember being quite impressed while watching it and then as I thought about it afterwards being less impressed.

I actually think would prefer a straight narrative story with the same characters (Washington Jnr and Twilight boy, not so much Branagh and that tall actress) as the set piece action scenes are generally pretty good.

I've got next weekends lockdown movie watching sorted.

Matua

Bench
Agreed Hiney. Nolan is the master of using real stuff instead of CGI. Where most would have used CGI for the Jumbo Jet scene he used an actual 747.
TBH, I think he does this to a fault sometimes - especially Dunkirk where there wasn't the depth in many scenes that there could have been with the use of visual effects or CGI.

Mark B

Juniors
TBH, I think he does this to a fault sometimes - especially Dunkirk where there wasn't the depth in many scenes that there could have been with the use of visual effects or CGI.
I have watched Dunkirk a couple of times and agree. It did not work well, but Tenet was an A+.

Last edited:

Mark B

Juniors
I'm looking forward to watching Tenet again so that I can better rate it in my head. I remember being quite impressed while watching it and then as I thought about it afterwards being less impressed.

I actually think would prefer a straight narrative story with the same characters (Washington Jnr and Twilight boy, not so much Branagh and that tall actress) as the set piece action scenes are generally pretty good.

I've got next weekends lockdown movie watching sorted.
Washington Jnr and Pattinson were very good. Aussie actress Dibicki was kind of a token female character. Did not add much.

Matua

Bench
I have watched Dunkirk a couple of times and agree. It did not work well, but Tenet was an A+.
Oh, personally I much prefer Dunkirk. Depending on how my second watch goes I expect Tenet would rate pretty low on my Nolan film rankings, down near the Batmans. (But, it could as easily shoot up the list if I enjoy it more than expected).

Mark B

Juniors
Oh, personally I much prefer Dunkirk. Depending on how my second watch goes I expect Tenet would rate pretty low on my Nolan film rankings, down near the Batmans. (But, it could as easily shoot up the list if I enjoy it more than expected).
Dunkirk is a masterpiece story telling wise. Like all war stories, I like to do my research on the actual historical facts and the story is great but lacking in the scale of what happened due to limited use of effects.

kit66

Bench
Just watched a great new action flick called Nobody. Excellent 9/10.
If you like John Wick you'll love this, very similar but done with a sense of humour and great characters, not least of which is the protagonist Hutch Mansell played so well by Bob Odenkirk and his dad played by Christopher Lloyd. Outstanding action scenes and some great lines.

Just watched a great new action flick called Nobody. Excellent 9/10.
If you like John Wick you'll love this, very similar but done with a sense of humour and great characters, not least of which is the protagonist Hutch Mansell played so well by Bob Odenkirk and his dad played by Christopher Lloyd. Outstanding action scenes and some great lines.
Rings a bell, big fan of the Wick franchise too.

Wizardman

First Grade
I just watched "The Thing" prequel. I did not expect much but it was pretty damn good. If you liked the first movie, you should like this one.

Mark B

Juniors
dunkirk was pretty good . good story quality acting .
i gave up on tenet after 30 minutes
Tenet is similar to Inception. Hard to work out what, who, why. Dunkirk is a great flick no doubt about it. The big thing in Tenet’s favour are the action scenes. No Fast and the Furious CGI, just good old fashioned hard work and editing by the films creators.

Latest posts