What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Wizardman

First Grade
I just watched a movie called "Death Trap". Bloody brilliant with the always great Michael Caine and Christopher Reeve. Both of them deliver amazing performances. It is a shame Reeve never really had much box office success outside of Superman because he was a damn good actor by the way he played it in this movie.
Heaps of great twists.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Spiral - shame the first scene got leaked because it goes downhill pretty fast after that. Well baited.

Army of the dead - again, the trailer cool scenes are imaginations of the plan being narrated and used as good bait as well. It is amazing how exhausting speaking sounds for dave bautista for a bloke who always been a pro athlete and most famous part as drax is constantly yelling and laughing and not using his inside voice at ease. His movies outside of that if it is serious dialogue he sounds like he just got to the top of 10 sets of stairs and is on the verge of fainting. Still some cool action and bit of a different take on the zombie story though.

Mark B

Juniors
Spiral - shame the first scene got leaked because it goes downhill pretty fast after that. Well baited.

Army of the dead - again, the trailer cool scenes are imaginations of the plan being narrated and used as good bait as well. It is amazing how exhausting speaking sounds for dave bautista for a bloke who always been a pro athlete and most famous part as drax is constantly yelling and laughing and not using his inside voice at ease. His movies outside of that if it is serious dialogue he sounds like he just got to the top of 10 sets of stairs and is on the verge of fainting. Still some cool action and bit of a different take on the zombie story though.
Watched it last night. You nailed It.

PJ

First Grade
Those Who Wish Me Dead.
Could have been very good but some scenes were so stupid, some great and Angelina can't act.

Dogs Of War

Coach

Just was an action movie. Zombie story was very poor. Really it's not a different take on Zombies, the best Zombies could have been any beefed up enemy from any other action movie. And Bautista just is the worst actor. I love my horror movies and have seen too many different takes on Zombies to think that this was anything special.

To be fair, I'm not a big fan of all action and no really plot line other than to push to the next action scene. I can understand how some may love this type of movie, and I probably would have as well when I up to about 20yrs old.

For me 4/10.

Mark B

Juniors
Watched the Postcard Killers. Not very good at all. James Patterson writes a good novel, however the attempts by Hollywood to transfer them onto movie screens has been woeful. I thought when they made Alex Cross tens years ago they would have given up. Not even Negan could save the Postcard Killers.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just got home from seeing a new 4K Restoration print of The Good,The Bad and The Ugly at the Orpheum in Cremorne. The print was so damn good it was like seeing the movie for the first time. If it pops up near you I highly recommend going to see it.

I like how the Cremorne Orpheum, the Ritz at Randwick, the Golden Age Cinema in Surry Hills and even the Dendy Newtown at times are showing some of the older movies on the big screen again. A few years ago the Cremorne Orpheum had a double bill of the Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno on, it is the first time in Australia and think anywhere in the world that these two movies were shown together, would have loved to seen them on the big screen again but had already booked a weekend away at that time.

Jim Rockford

Bench
I like how the Cremorne Orpheum, the Ritz at Randwick, the Golden Age Cinema in Surry Hills and even the Dendy Newtown at times are showing some of the older movies on the big screen again. A few years ago the Cremorne Orpheum had a double bill of the Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno on, it is the first time in Australia and think anywhere in the world that these two movies were shown together, would have loved to seen them on the big screen again but had already booked a weekend away at that time.
Yeah, me and my mate went there to see The Good,The Bad and The Ugly last night after backing up from the night before when we saw The Last Starfighter. We live out in the Hills but don't mind driving in to see the old classics.

Mark B

Juniors
Yeah, me and my mate went there to see The Good,The Bad and The Ugly last night after backing up from the night before when we saw The Last Starfighter. We live out in the Hills but don't mind driving in to see the old classics.
thank you Jim for the heads up about Cremorne. Their upcoming list of special events are pretty impressive, Aliens, Total Recall and not to mention True Romance.

Jim Rockford

Bench
thank you Jim for the heads up about Cremorne. Their upcoming list of special events are pretty impressive, Aliens, Total Recall and not to mention True Romance.
We're definitely planning on seeing True Romance so might see you there. I actually saw it 6 times in the cinema when it first came out.

Parra

Referee

I was there as well. Enjoyed one of my favourite movies on the big screen. Initially I thought the sound was disappointing, got used to it as I got into the story.

Jim Rockford

Bench
I was there as well. Enjoyed one of my favourite movies on the big screen. Initially I thought the sound was disappointing, got used to it as I got into the story.
You were there last night? Did you hear the idiot up near the back who was singing until someone told him to "Shut the F... Up!"

Parra

Referee
You were there last night? Did you hear the idiot up near the back who was singing until someone told him to "Shut the F... Up!"
I heard something early in the movie, I was closer to the front, so heard nothing specific. The pre-emptive guffawing laughter from the back did get old. Sounded very forced. Ok reasonable food at the pub across the road.

What the hell was he singing?

Jim Rockford

Bench
I heard something early in the movie, I was closer to the front, so heard nothing specific. The pre-emptive guffawing laughter from the back did get old. Sounded very forced. Ok reasonable food at the pub across the road.

What the hell was he singing?
Yeah, there were some other morons up the back as well who were laughing at things that weren't remotely funny. As for the guy singing, I couldn't tell what it was he was singing but it was bloody annoying. I could sort of understand if he was whistling along to the score (I do it myself when watching at home) but this dropkick was just singing some random song. He's lucky he wasn't sitting in front of me as I would have slapped him across the head.

RedVDave

First Grade
Went to the movies for the first time in since terminator dark fate.

Watched a quiet place part II not as good as the first but still very enjoyable.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Its lucky that the Dendy and Ritz are quite easily accessible for me and also the Golden Age is easy for me to get to also. Cremorne is a drive but depending on the time i can also get a bus from Newtown straight there but i dont think the bus runs very late in the night. Funny what you and Parra saying about dickheads talking and singing, i went to see The Bride Of Frankenstein at the State Theatre when Universal was having its 100 year Anniversary and this stupid girl kept talking and started laughing, i told her to shut the f*ck up.

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Bench
Its lucky that the Dendy and Ritz are quite easily accessible for me and also the Golden Age is easy for me to get to also. Cremorne is a drive but depending on the time i can also get a bus from Newtown straight there but i dont think the bus runs very late in the night. Funny what you and Parra saying about dickheads talking and singing, i went to see The Bride Of Frankenstein at the State Theatre when Universal was having its 100 year Anniversary and this stupid girl kept talking and started laughing, i told her to shut the f*ck up.
I can't stand those idiots who think they are sitting in their loungeroom with their friends and just start talking loudly. Thankfully most get the message the first time although I've had to tell a couple of them that if they keep talking they are going to be chewing on my size 15s.

Latest posts