What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negative ONLY thread

blacksafake

First Grade
I sort of agree, sort of disagree. The one decision I’m upset about is Beale. He’s been solid but being solid is not enough to be a pathway blocker imo. He’s not a future player, he’s no longer fast, he doesn’t have the tackle busting, meter eating abilities of JP even. Why is he being picked? The other positions I’m ok with until we are out of the race. If we are out of the race and still picking these players that will piss me off. I just hope Hook thinks Beale has a point to prove vs NZ, he helps us to a win and then is never seen in fg again unless injury strikes.
I wouldn’t be surprised if JP comes in for Beale

BLM01

First Grade
That would be an improvement. JP is a better winger than Beale hands down.
Can’t see it happening though, why would Hook name Beale then bring in JP? There is no injury concerns with JP is there?
Matt F has been out for a while and not ready to be rushed in
Sloan will have plenty of time in the off season to get ready for the role WIWO
Since this is a negative thread yeah JP should get the nod over Beale but JP positioning snd communication in defence is not ideal
Reminds me of Dan Vidot

blacksafake

First Grade
That would be an improvement. JP is a better winger than Beale hands down.
Can’t see it happening though, why would Hook name Beale then bring in JP? There is no injury concerns with JP is there?
I'm just guessing because he's in the squad. Unless bird goes into the pack, Beale to centre & JP wing.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I have changed my tune on Dufty. Why does he get a walk up start at fullback after his last performance against the dogs? Why does Tyrel Sloan lose his spot after a solid debut full of energy and enthusiasm in very difficult conditions?

How do players like Reece Walsh just pop up at 18 years old? I mean Warriors have RTS who is a more solid fullback but they accomodate Walsh with an eye to the future.

This week~
Dufty out Sloan in
Williame out Fegai in
Beale out Pereria in

Coming weeks, Norman out Sullivan/Amone in.

Look to the future, no more Norman, Dufty, Williame, Beale.
Those guys shouldn’t be playing NRL by round 20.
I would hope they will now have to perform very very well if they are to continue to be selected otherwise you are right, its a waste of time selecting them in positions we want guys like Sloan taking into the future. I'd still have Dufty in the 14 on the bench and actually used as as impact player (as opposed to the 5 min run on at the end when all is lost). Norman, well I would only keep him there for goal kicking until Lomax gets back (if ever).

Crush

Coach
There are a number of players that I had very high hopes for but have lost confidence in.

Cody Ramsey, from what I’ve seen so far he has a telegraphed goose step and is a decent finisher if handed to him on a platter. That’s about it. Gets rag dolled. Doesn’t go looking for work, wouldn’t make any other NRL teams starting side.

Josh Kerr, hands like feet, overruns the play all the time, just too error ridden, liability in defence. Needs a stint in reserve grade.

Jack Bird is a huge asset to us but geez he can make lazy errors as well. Inconsistent.

Blake Lawrie, just when you think we have a good prop here he goes on a 6 again throw away streak and almost single handedly loses us games. So frustrating.

McCulloch, how is this bloke going to look in 2023 if he already looks old and slow. Very one dimensional hooker.

Every year we are talking about next year.
Next year we will be better! Next year we have a better roster. Next year we will show them! Yeah right.

TruSaint

Referee
There are a number of players that I had very high hopes for but have lost confidence in.

Cody Ramsey, from what I’ve seen so far he has a telegraphed goose step and is a decent finisher if handed to him on a platter. That’s about it. Gets rag dolled. Doesn’t go looking for work, wouldn’t make any other NRL teams starting side.

Josh Kerr, hands like feet, overruns the play all the time, just too error ridden, liability in defence. Needs a stint in reserve grade.

Jack Bird is a huge asset to us but geez he can make lazy errors as well. Inconsistent.

Blake Lawrie, just when you think we have a good prop here he goes on a 6 again throw away streak and almost single handedly loses us games. So frustrating.

McCulloch, how is this bloke going to look in 2023 if he already looks old and slow. Very one dimensional hooker.

Next year we will be better! Next year we have a better roster. Next year we will show them! Yeah right.

Cant argue with any of that.

I like Lawrie, but I think the new rules and the repeat sets are just too much for his frame.

Mjab

Juniors
I don't want to bag our coaches, but surely on field game management, tackling techniques, getting up quickly after making a tackle, making sure players are on side, improving ball handling skills and a full understanding of the rules have got to be imbedded into the minds of all of the players in all of the grades. Do we have an educator in the club who can address these issues?

If we lack good players as compared to the top teams then we should get our guys to at least get all the basics and attention to detail right and that might get us winning a few more games. The other thing is the sport is a battle and to stay in the battle you have got to fight all the way to get on top of the opposition for 80 minutes. Always go into the game with a killer instinct and a will to win for the RedV.
Spot on

the embarrassing thing is I tell my kids who play rep sport ,if u miss with your first effort go again and again , it’s the difference between good and bad players a lot of the time

we can’t even do these very basic effort things let alone a basic skill set a lot of them lack

I am wondering what this group of apparent experienced coaches are doing sometimes (albeit more than the peanut in the past I hope)

fking frustrating to watch like last nights game

Mjab

Juniors
I've got a thread about it.. but my biggest gripe is the disgraceful, wasteful lack of celebration of the 100th anniversary of the club. We've had such precious little to celebrate on the field the last decade, it would have been nice to highlight and observe something that truly makes the club special - it's history. This one bit of joy has been given ignored, and it's such an easy win!
They did celebrate it , it was a BBQ at Vaughnies

Mjab

Juniors
I get the feeling this could be a very long thread, But a good one thanks Crush.
Like most I've got many but one little thing which i find annoying or call it unprofessional is when I go onto the clubs app page it still has a picture of Aitken on it.
That'll do for starters lol.
Didn’t u know

Gitano manages the site 😬

VodkaSaint

Juniors
well there you go, Jack Bird is 2nd in the nrl missed tackle offenders, Norman at 5, hunt at 6 , sims at 11, Lawrie and Kerr 24 and 25

Ramsey our worst in errors followed Jack Bird again our worst in errors, yup Kerr in there as well

Dragon David

First Grade

I've been told to be patient. I've been a patient in hospital this year already. Seriously though, that old cliche of "next year we will be better" can be taken in many ways. Better by winning one more game than this year, better at catching the ball, better in attack/defence, better at throwing a bbq and not getting noticed, etc. Hook knows that we need to get better. I'm hoping he has the right remedies for next year.

Dragon David

First Grade
* Kerr needs to play prop
* Bird needs to play 2nd row
* feagai twins for Beale and williame
* Sullivan and amone in the halves
* Hunt to hooker
Would prefer to loose trying than to watch what we been dishing up give em a go no shit about there not ready not going to know if ya don't play em
This is the go from now on except for when Kerr and Bird take a break through their suspensions.

Dragon David

First Grade
Sorry for being too positive but

we only have 7 losses to go this season 😬
You can take it as a positive if you like losses. It's like saying we only have 7 wins to go this season and that could be a negative if we want to win more if you get what I am saying ...... I don't.

Dragon David

First Grade
Spot on

the embarrassing thing is I tell my kids who play rep sport ,if u miss with your first effort go again and again , it’s the difference between good and bad players a lot of the time

we can’t even do these very basic effort things let alone a basic skill set a lot of them lack

I am wondering what this group of apparent experienced coaches are doing sometimes (albeit more than the peanut in the past I hope)

fking frustrating to watch like last nights game
Agree with your reply Mjab. The basic fundamentals of footy which these guys have been doing for many years but still cannot get it right consistently. That is what is missing - consistency not of playing bad but doing their level best to be on top of the game every time they run onto the field home and away. Limiting errors and focus on each game at hand. The captain has to remind the players of their role a lot of the times during play and direct them accordingly.

Latest posts