What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 - Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs: Sunday 18th July 6:15pm @Cbus Super Stadium

Travitoh

First Grade
An ugly win is still a win but f**k me, this team is a long way from being a true contender. The only team in the top 6 to concede 18+ against Canterbury. The talent is there but the attitude isn't.

callmack1

Staff member
Jeez that turned out to be a lot more of a heart stopper than I expected!! What a strange, strange game!! No doubt it was ugly but we should still all be stoked to come away with the win!! A win is a win, and ugly win is a good win and two points is two points! We'll take it and move on.

In saying that, we really weren't very good tonight. Yes, the Dogs were up for it but we didn't play great. Looked pretty complacent to be fair. Very clunky attack at times with far too many crash balls, heaps of errors, missed chances and pretty average defence. To allow a bottom of the table side to score 24 is not a good look at all and I'm sure the boys won't be pleased with that. Our defence has been improving but it went back a peg tonight.

Still, very happy the boys toughed it out and just found a way. We had only a couple of guys left on the bench (in fact I think we had one left) for much of the game and I think the Origin players backing up showed as their intensity wasn't quite there. So not a bad effort I guess.

As I said, a win's a win. Let's enjoy it!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
One
Jeez that turned out to be a lot more of a heart stopper than I expected!! What a strange, strange game!! No doubt it was ugly but we should still all be stoked to come away with the win!! A win is a win, and ugly win is a good win and two points is two points! We'll take it and move on.

In saying that, we really weren't very good tonight. Yes, the Dogs were up for it but we didn't play great. Looked pretty complacent to be fair. Very clunky attack at times with far too many crash balls, heaps of errors, missed chances and pretty average defence. To allow a bottom of the table side to score 24 is not a good look at all and I'm sure the boys won't be pleased with that. Our defence has been improving but it went back a peg tonight.

Still, very happy the boys toughed it out and just found a way. We had only a couple of guys left on the bench (in fact I think we had one left) for much of the game and I think the Origin players backing up showed as their intensity wasn't quite there. So not a bad effort I guess.

As I said, a win's a win. Let's enjoy it!!
1 guy left on the bench the last 50mins mate.

The Dogs games are always tough and heart attack material when we play them in July or August you know that Callmack. They know they can’t win unless they use spoiling tactics and keep the ruck to a tortoise like speed and that frustrates us.

Nafedogg

Juniors
Yeah but we had guys getting injured and Latrell out.

Cook needs to do more, that just isnt good enough for the supposed AUS hooker
Yep I thought cook was pretty average, his passing game isn’t up to scratch and at times he just stands there looking blank. I’ve been more excited watching Mamouzelos the few times he has played.

Tbh with this game, it was no good. Yes we had players out, but seriously these guys should be able to overcome that and win comfortably. It’s like 10mins we are great, 10mins extremely poor, then rinse and repeat. That won’t win us a premiership.

Jim Rockford

Bench
To keep things in perspective, we're only one win behind Storm and Panthers. We are well on track to get that all important Top 4 finish. The sign of a good team is they can have an off night and still get the win.Our next two games (Warriors and Dragons) are against lesser opponents. All in all I think we have plenty to be excited about still.

Jim Rockford

Bench
One more thing. The appearance of that Tigers turd in the game thread shows the Souths haters are scared we're going to add yet another premiership to our already impressive tally.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
To keep things in perspective, we're only one win behind Storm and Panthers. We are well on track to get that all important Top 4 finish. The sign of a good team is they can have an off night and still get the win.Our next two games (Warriors and Dragons) are against lesser opponents. All in all I think we have plenty to be excited about still.
We got through origin without a loss, not sure if we've ever done that before.

We've lost 3 games so far, pretty decent record, but having said that, we are a fair bit off Melbourne's pace.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Yep I thought cook was pretty average, his passing game isn’t up to scratch and at times he just stands there looking blank. I’ve been more excited watching Mamouzelos the few times he has played.

Tbh with this game, it was no good. Yes we had players out, but seriously these guys should be able to overcome that and win comfortably. It’s like 10mins we are great, 10mins extremely poor, then rinse and repeat. That won’t win us a premiership.
My gripe is that most of his runs are without purpose, he runs at the line half-hearted and waits or invites the defense to tackle him.

Contrast that with Brandon Smith, who is an absolute bull everytime he runs at the line. Isaac Luke was kinda similar to Smith too when he took on the line..

Cook needs to forget that dancing shit, and hit the line at speed. And he needs to quit crying about the markers. Just take them on FFS, and stop playing for the penalty. I haven't seen a ref this year give him a call.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
One

1 guy left on the bench the last 50mins mate.

The Dogs games are always tough and heart attack material when we play them in July or August you know that Callmack. They know they can’t win unless they use spoiling tactics and keep the ruck to a tortoise like speed and that frustrates us.
Theyve been doing this since Sam nearly clocked Lewis. Everytime.