What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Titans

BLM01

First Grade
Kade Ellis?!
FMS.
We'd be better off with Clune playing twice.

Stupid backline from Hook, imo.
Pointless playing JP for two reasons :
1) He won't be with us in 2022, so why not give both Mat & Max a run
2) He is sh!t.
Backline should have been :
1 Dufty/Sloane 2 Ramsey 3 Bird 4 Mat F 5 Max F 6 Sullivan 7 Hunt
JP over Max anyday. Max has been very ordinary this year in his brief appearances. Matt totally different in his 1? breif appearance
Reportedly started in pre-season is where in lies your answer
I like the backline but boy we better put our shoulders into tackles as some small slender bodies there

BLM01

First Grade
One gripe - sorry but Ramsey at centre I just can't see working. Name another centre that's played in the NRL in the last 5 years that's been around 80kg. It just isn't right, he will be physically worked over but at least he will put his body on the line knowing him.

At least it enables Matt Feagai to play and for that reason I am pleased. This guy will impress. Obviously Max is not available??

Sullivan in is awesome, adds a lot of excitement to the spectacle for me. Very, very good to see some of these guys in the team.
Ramsay is around early to mid 80's kg's and other centres similar?
Brian Kelly
Matt Burton
Hammer played centre in origin 3 for QLD

thebigredv

First Grade
Ramsay is around early to mid 80's kg's and other centres similar?
Brian Kelly
Matt Burton
Hammer played centre in origin 3 for QLD

Kelly and Burton are much bigger than Cody. Hammer is bigger too. I don't see them getting rag-dolled like Cody.
He's not the worst defender but the way he gets manhandled at times is a big boost for opposition whether it be through field position or psychological dominance. It's for a game so not a biggy, but should just put Max there really.

SGMax

Juniors
Why wouldn't you put Fui in at 2nd row and leave Bird at centre and have Feagai on the bench?
If one of the halves needs a break, Bird can shift to No.6.
If one of the back 5 go down then Feagai goes to the wing and we can adjust for part of the game.
I am OK with Kerr syarting ar 10....Last year he started with Vaughn for a while and did OK, I think he was then put on the bench to cover for Vaughn late in the 1st half as we needed a mobile front rower (more like for like than the others).
I also think JDB is on the bench to be on together with the young JT-B as defensive support.
Overall not a bad list but a little concerned with the centres...Beale's a little slow and Ramsey's a little small.
Clune as the reserve back with the backline so light is worrying.
Lets hope it works out.

BLM01

First Grade
Kelly and Burton are much bigger than Cody. Hammer is bigger too. I don't see them getting rag-dolled like Cody.
He's not the worst defender but the way he gets manhandled at times is a big boost for opposition whether it be through field position or psychological dominance. It's for a game so not a biggy, but should just put Max there really.
Centres don’t get rag dolled as much as not usually the first 1 or 2 tackles bringing out the ball
Having said that I saw the hammer excite from fullback but got rag dolled a few times last week
Are you sure they are much bigger in weight terms than our Cody?.. as was your original point

thebigredv

First Grade
Centres don’t get rag dolled as much as not usually the first 1 or 2 tackles bringing out the ball
Having said that I saw the hammer excite from fullback but got rag dolled a few times last week
Are you sure they are much bigger in weight terms than our Cody?.. as was your original point
According to bio Burton is 96kg Kelly 94kg hammer 89kg

Ramsey is 82kg

So my original point stands. You've seen enough games to know what I'm referring to in regards to Ramsey. He struggles the break a line as well.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I doubt the team that was announced will change come game time. Just have to look at the 'reserves' list to see there's nothing there that would fill in at say centre.

JP on the wing for this game is more strategic than anything else, he'll be up against Greg Marzhew who is a tank and would steamroll Ramsey for example.

Imo, the team selected for this game, is directed at matching their forwards and then moving them around, tiring them out. If Hunt brings his running game, Bud with creativity, and utilising Dufty and Ramsey as the speed, it will go a long way to getting us a win, assuming we don't drop the ball and/or give away stupid 6 agains.

blacksafake

First Grade
I doubt the team that was announced will change come game time. Just have to look at the 'reserves' list to see there's nothing there that would fill in at say centre.

JP on the wing for this game is more strategic than anything else, he'll be up against Greg Marzhew who is a tank and would steamroll Ramsey for example.

Imo, the team selected for this game, is directed at matching their forwards and then moving them around, tiring them out. If Hunt brings his running game, Bud with creativity, and utilising Dufty and Ramsey as the speed, it will go a long way to getting us a win, assuming we don't drop the ball and/or give away stupid 6 agains.
So as usual we're at the mercy of the refs interpretation (not policing) of the rules😩

Crush

Coach

I was with you right up until "assuming we dont drop the ball or give away 6 agains"
If Kerr and Lawrie happen to take the field there is no chance of that happening!

Dragons4me

Juniors
Other than Dufty, we don't have many long range try scorers so I'd hope to see a more tactical kicking game (even kicking early in the tackles) to play the game in the tits half on Sunday. We should win unless we play the usual Dragons way of past weeks. Not confident.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

NRL squad for Round 19 v Titans –​

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Gerard Beale – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Cody Ramsey– sponsored by Floormania
5. Mat Feagai – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Jayden Sullivan – sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
11. Jack Bird – sponsored by Fox and Jones
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Josh McGuire – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual

Interchange:
14. Adam Clune – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
15. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by TLE Alexandria
16. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Jack de Belin – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Adam Clune
19. Talatau Amone
20. Billy Burns
21. Tyrell Sloan

Just looking at our line up weve come a long way havnt we....gone are the days when we had Gasnier and Cooper....now its Beale and Ramsey and thats just for starters....jeez we're in good shape moving forward

BLM01

First Grade
According to bio Burton is 96kg Kelly 94kg hammer 89kg

Ramsey is 82kg

So my original point stands. You've seen enough games to know what I'm referring to in regards to Ramsey. He struggles the break a line as well.
Thx Ramsay is only a kid snd will develop
1st year in grade, first proper off season
Limited if any reggies