What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redv13

Bench
Does anyone have any info on Treymain Spry? He’s a very highly rated young outside back just released by the Titans for undisclosed off field issues. Normally a player like that would be a hard no from me but we’re so light in the centres I’m open to anything.
Released for personal off field issues, not behavioural. Sounds like the young bloke needs some time away from the pressures of professional footy

Maddragon99

Juniors
Looked really good in his 4 or 5 games last year
Not coping well on the gold coast maybe
Well he wouldn’t be the first player to get into trouble on the GC. At a bargain price he might be worth a chance. Anyone but Beale really. Hook seems intent on playing Bird in the backrow so we need some strike

thebigredv

First Grade
Supposedly we have signed Moses Mbye on a 2 and 1/2 year deal effective immediately
Not a fan at least he brings experience and would come cheap with Tigers paying part salary but that's all I got by way of positives. Why hasn't Amone been given a proper go first??

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
If Saints have any hope they need to offer 800 a season over 3 years

$600k a season for 2 years would be ideal for the Dragons , however he is after his last paycheck so he will go to the club that offers him about that - $600k , but for 3 years .

The narks may offer the Dragons an enticing 2 for 1 deal - Woods and John ( too many donuts ) Fifita for around $350 k and use the remaining money on Funucane ?

George Dragon

Juniors

BLM01

First Grade
Supposedly we have signed Moses Mbye on a 2 and 1/2 year deal effective immediately
More like 2 1/4
I don’t mind him either good utility can play anywhere in the backs snd 9
I believe he has football left in him and is our new Kurt Mann and normally good defender
Wasted at the Tigers for the money he got
His best position- I think it’s a half or 9

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
If we kick corey out straight away thats already an upgrade IMO with Mbye
theres a lot of hate for him on Tigers site , so I am a bit concerned but better than Norman

Tigers must be paying some of his $$ though to offload him
I’m sure there’s a lot of hate on the Tigers site for nearly everybody the way their been going the last few years
I reckon the fans are frustrated with just about every player and coach they’ve got
I see Wayne Snoopy Collins assisting Madge that’s not good either

Doueihi is their only shining light and saving grace.. oh dear
Having said that they smacked us twice 😫

thebigredv

First Grade
Sure Mbye is versatile which is good for us but he is not an impact player. Where do we intend to play Amone next year?

Sua and Molo are on the up in their careers. Every other signing in the last year has been of a player with the best play/ body behind them. This will be another.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeah .
He is still playing for Tweed, sounds like too much pressure. I believe he is related to Gagai
Looks a big lad with good speed and step in attack. Don't know what he is like in defence. Might be worth going for if he is on the market and still in the right frame of mind to play footy.

kit66

Bench
Mbye's move from the Doggies to the Tigers was one of the worst career moves I've seen in the NRL, his form just went out the window under a new coach. At the Doggies he was like Dufty with speed, great backing up, and a great cut out pass with the bonus of being a good organizer at the back, also a decent kicking game. At West they made him captain, took away his kicking license and his goal kicking and somehow most of his talent. He was never the same. If anyone needs a new club and a new challenge it's Moses. I don't know if he can regain his form but at 27 it's a possibility. He's a fullback first and foremost I reckon and I'd rather see Sloan in that position for us. If he comes to us to replace Norman that could work, gawd knows the long suffering Benny Hunt could do with a decent partner out there. Mbye is a great organizer and talker on field with plenty of experience so could be just what we need. I worry about our young blokes though, Amone and Sullivan really are guns, along with Sloan they carved up the lower grades and won everything, they deserve their shot at the big time.

Latest posts