What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

roofromoz

First Grade
So he broke the bubble and then has trained with his teammates since. Does this mean the whole panthers team has to isolate for 2 weeks?

someone name a 17 of players they could get on loan to cover the next two weeks.

my first nomination is Suluka-Fifita

Only if we can pick the players ourselves - would like to pick players from the Storm squad, they then have to find players for the Round 20 B L O C K B U S T E R.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
The message at this point needs to be “if you break the bubble, bad luck, see you in 2022, no exceptions” - anything less and certain players will keep thinking they can get away with it.

‘I think you being kind . They should just be deregistered and never allowed to play .

‘’this is not simple rule breaking , they break the rules the qld government will shut down the comp.
what other employer would continue to employ someone whose actions would cripple the company in that manner

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Ive come to realise we all need to become football players in Australia. Football boots are the new passports. Such a reprehensible bunch

Diesel

Referee

HOW API KOROISAU ALLEGEDLY BREACHED NRL’S COVID BUBBLE​

June 20: Api Koroisau and the woman begin private messaging on Instagram, but Koroisau quickly directs the conversation to Snapchat
He allegedly tells the woman he is in Blues State of Origin camp in Homebush, and asks her if she’d be interested in ‘sneaking in’ to see him
June 21: Koroisau and his team fly to Kingscliff to escape Covid in Sydney
June 26: Koroisau allegedly contacts the woman again to ask if she’d like to see him again, this time in Brisbane
June 27: The woman checks in to her own hotel room in the Sofitel Brisbane, where the team is playing, after Koroisau allegedly tells her he has been assigned a roommate
That afternoon, Koroisau allegedly arrives at the woman’s room to ‘sleep together’ prior to the match
June 27 evening: Koroisau leaves the room, taking a key with him, to join his teammates and head to the game for an 8.10pm kickoff
June 27 midnight: He allegedly returns to the woman’s apartment about midnight, after his team won the match
June 28: Allegedly slips out of the hotel room about 6am to join his teammates
Later sends the woman a message telling her that he will be deleting Snapchat and not to contact him on Instagram as ‘his wife checks it’
Koroisau reportedly says he will ‘be in touch’ again ahead of match three, when he is back in camp
July 8: Koroisau allegedly messages the woman again to organise to catch up back in camp ahead of game three
He allegedly tells her to ‘come over about 9pm, after dinner with the team’ but backtracks just hours before she’s due to arrive after Queensland Maroons star Jai Arrow is dismissed from his squad for breaching the Covid bubble
Both Koroisau and the woman reportedly mutually agree that he should not jeopardise his debut to see her
July 17: The woman informs Koroisau’s wife of the alleged affair
He should also apologise to every NRL player

big hit!

Bench
a few dumbf**ks potentially bringing down the competition and if that’s the case and some clubs don’t survive, some are going to have to look for jobs in the real world

Exactly.

These fellas need to be content sitting down in front of a laptop with some pump lube and a box of tissues for 8 weeks.

Gmac

Juniors
So he broke the bubble and then has trained with his teammates since. Does this mean the whole panthers team has to isolate for 2 weeks?

someone name a 17 of players they could get on loan to cover the next two weeks.

Tiger's to call about a Luke Brooks to Clearly swap any minute now.

Valheru

Coach
I wonder given that the NZ Govt is pulling the drawbridge up - what the NRL's expectations of the Warriors are....

I'm sure it's around them staying in Australia of course. But to expect the Warriors to stay in a country with rising Covid Cases (far more than their homeland) but at the same time preventing a national team to play in the world cup....

That would smack of complete hypocrisy to me.

The Warriors have been in Oz most of last season, and again this season. It may now pan out that a return home after this season could be compromised. And even if there's been a previous deal with the NZ govt, that could be in jeopardy with antics like Vaughan n the Dragons, Jai Arrow, and now Api Korisau blatantly flouting protocols.... tarnishing the reputation of NRL players. And they are the ones we know about.
I am not sure this announcement makes a massive difference to the warriors. The bubble has been closed with NSW for a while now (which is where they were based) and all it means is they will have to quarantine for 2 weeks once they return after the season.

Scott

Bench
This competition won't get to the finals series. Someone is going to completely f**k it up good & proper. The players don't deserve to continue. The best thing that can happen is for them to stop being paid. It's a tragedy for clubs, employees & the game in general that the players are such self entitled assholes.

Valheru

Coach

The whole Penrith team should be forced to isolate for 2 weeks starting 7:30PM Saturday, ending 7:30PM Saturday 7 August.

Valheru

Coach
This competition won't get to the finals series. Someone is going to completely f**k it up good & proper. The players don't deserve to continue. The best thing that can happen is for them to stop being paid. It's a tragedy for clubs, employees & the game in general that the players are such self entitled assholes.
Getting booted from QLD doesn't end the competition though.

They can play it all in Sydney without crowds.

Valheru

Coach
The players have shown that they can't adhere to Level 4 conditions. I'd doubt the NSW govt would allow them out of their homes.
Rubbish

Not the part about the players not adhering to conditions.

The NSW government at no point has stopped the footy from being played and I can't see that changing. I don't think any state government has stopped the footy from being played, they have merely restricted the crowds.

Last Week

Bench
I wonder given that the NZ Govt is pulling the drawbridge up - what the NRL's expectations of the Warriors are....

I'm sure it's around them staying in Australia of course. But to expect the Warriors to stay in a country with rising Covid Cases (far more than their homeland) but at the same time preventing a national team to play in the world cup....

That would smack of complete hypocrisy to me.

The Warriors have been in Oz most of last season, and again this season. It may now pan out that a return home after this season could be compromised. And even if there's been a previous deal with the NZ govt, that could be in jeopardy with antics like Vaughan n the Dragons, Jai Arrow, and now Api Korisau blatantly flouting protocols.... tarnishing the reputation of NRL players. And they are the ones we know about.

The situation here is no more dire than the UK.

Much more manageable here.

Funny how the NRL are hell bent on stopping the World Cup, but can't even get there on employees to comply... worry about your on back yard first... can't even lead by example. Sheesh

Latest posts