What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Yeah uhhh...gonna need to punish Api.

I blame the lack of leadership from V Landys. NRL head office need to get on the front foot here before the season and all their glorious $$$$$ goes down the toilet.

Where are you Peter V? We need you and your delicate tones, more than ever, right now in our hour of need.

Scott

Bench
Rubbish

Not the part about the players not adhering to conditions.

The NSW government at no point has stopped the footy from being played and I can't see that changing. I don't think any state government has stopped the footy from being played, they have merely restricted the crowds.

Is there any other sport currently happening in NSW? Sorry if this appears a stupid question. Living in NZ, i have no idea. I'd assume not, but with the complete imcompetence on display by NSW govt I wouldn't be surprised if all sport was being played as per normal.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Let's move the comp to Hobart!

Dont laugh, it could happen. Or perhaps King Island. At least the players and their cheating ways could be isolated and they could keep up their nocturnal activities with the sheep rather than super spreading human beings.

Infact, if these players can't keep their thing in their pants, maybe the NRL should authorise the players to enact bestiality rather than having nocturnal activities with other humans. At least with doing it with animals, there is no chance for the players to catch covid.

roofromoz

First Grade
Is there any other sport currently happening in NSW? Sorry if this appears a stupid question. Living in NZ, i have no idea. I'd assume not, but with the complete imcompetence on display by NSW govt I wouldn't be surprised if all sport was being played as per normal.

Not that I am aware - the Swans and Giants are in Qld and the NSW based Super Netball teams are in SA I think

Valheru

Coach
In NSW? yes

Sydney? There is no community sport and the only other professional sport running at the moment (AFL) have moved their 2 Sydney teams. Semi professional stuff like the Shute Shield is suspended.

The NRL is professional though and you are still allowed to leave your home to work.

Generalzod

Immortal

HOW API KOROISAU ALLEGEDLY BREACHED NRL’S COVID BUBBLE​

June 20: Api Koroisau and the woman begin private messaging on Instagram, but Koroisau quickly directs the conversation to Snapchat
He allegedly tells the woman he is in Blues State of Origin camp in Homebush, and asks her if she’d be interested in ‘sneaking in’ to see him
June 21: Koroisau and his team fly to Kingscliff to escape Covid in Sydney
June 26: Koroisau allegedly contacts the woman again to ask if she’d like to see him again, this time in Brisbane
June 27: The woman checks in to her own hotel room in the Sofitel Brisbane, where the team is playing, after Koroisau allegedly tells her he has been assigned a roommate
That afternoon, Koroisau allegedly arrives at the woman’s room to ‘sleep together’ prior to the match
June 27 evening: Koroisau leaves the room, taking a key with him, to join his teammates and head to the game for an 8.10pm kickoff
June 27 midnight: He allegedly returns to the woman’s apartment about midnight, after his team won the match
June 28: Allegedly slips out of the hotel room about 6am to join his teammates
Later sends the woman a message telling her that he will be deleting Snapchat and not to contact him on Instagram as ‘his wife checks it’
Koroisau reportedly says he will ‘be in touch’ again ahead of match three, when he is back in camp
July 8: Koroisau allegedly messages the woman again to organise to catch up back in camp ahead of game three
He allegedly tells her to ‘come over about 9pm, after dinner with the team’ but backtracks just hours before she’s due to arrive after Queensland Maroons star Jai Arrow is dismissed from his squad for breaching the Covid bubble
Both Koroisau and the woman reportedly mutually agree that he should not jeopardise his debut to see her
July 17: The woman informs Koroisau’s wife of the alleged affair
Such a violation call the police lol

Funny how the NRL are hell bent on stopping the World Cup, but can't even get there on employees to comply... worry about your on back yard first... can't even lead by example. Sheesh

The NRL is not the employer of the players. Each player's respective club is. So before you start talking at least understand the basics of employment law.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
The players sign up to say they will adhere to it. It’s probably fair to expect that they will keep their promises without having to station a security guard outside every players door.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
with all the wives / girlfriends there in the bio bubble, wonder how many cases of the “Wayne Carey / Anthony Stevens toilet tryst and wife sharing will we have?

I wonder how many clubs swing and share their partners around the players anyway.

For the uninitiated. swinging is where you swap partners for nocturnal activates. I reckon there would be many clubs who will swap their wives from one night to the other during lockdown.

It used to be common practice.

Slammin

Juniors
Sick of these breaches risking the game. If one of these tossers took roids they'd be banned for 2-4 years and I consider roids to be much less of a problem for the game than the covid pandemic which can easily shut the game down entirely.

Munted

Bench
How many weeks for Api you reckon?
I'm thinking 4 weeks if proven guilty of breaching the bubble not once, but twice. Slap on a $55K fine as well.

The only thing in his favour is his breach occurred before/during the Jai Arrow and Dragons Hide N Seek under bed party...so its not like he saw those incidents and thought "f**k it, time to get wet"....he's just managed to hide it for longer!

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
A polite message to NRL players from the entirety of QLD:

giphy.gif

Latest posts