What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

blacksafake

First Grade
I’m not overly concerned about missing him.
Have always been a big fan of his but I have noticed this year a drop in his output & starting to slow down & get a few injuries.
Playing in an exceptionally good pack of forwards at this point in his career is a bonus & think he’s based his decision on signing with the sharks due to them having a few big metre eaters compared to us.
Paying 600/700k for a forward who’s primarily a workhouse back rower & not a match winner is imo not what we need. If he was a big mobile prop, different story.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Have always been a big fan of his but I have noticed this year a drop in his output & starting to slow down & get a few injuries.
Playing in an exceptionally good pack of forwards at this point in his career is a bonus & think he’s based his decision on signing with the sharks due to them having a few big metre eaters compared to us.
Paying 600/700k for a forward who’s primarily a workhouse back rower & not a match winner is imo not what we need. If he was a big mobile prop, different story.
Just hope we dont throw excess cash at Tapau or Klemmer now as desperation
Both nearing or past their best
We have enough of the 30 or over brigade already on board

thebigredv

First Grade

Don't forget whenever you sign a Storm player you need to factor in taking them out of that environment. No one has the systems they do don't care how professional he is. Bit like Sims for NSW v Sims for Dragons. 4 years is a long time however I wouldn't say I've seen him decline yet.

Crush

Coach
Don't forget whenever you sign a Storm player you need to factor in taking them out of that environment. No one has the systems they do don't care how professional he is. Bit like Sims for NSW v Sims for Dragons. 4 years is a long time however I wouldn't say I've seen him decline yet.
Have you seen this Hynes kid?
He is the ultimate footballer. I reckon he is he best signing I’ve seen in a long time.
And Finicane is also an excellent pick up. I’m gutted we missed him, he’d have been the cherry on top with Molo and Su’a.
Just so annoyed that Sharks are getting these players and we aren’t. If only Fitzgibbon hadn’t have knocked us back.

cb4

First Grade
You havent notice a decline in his out put at all.
He is averaging the same amount of runs, more meters, more offloads and the same amount of tackles.
He will also play more games this year.

thebigredv

First Grade
Have you seen this Hynes kid?
He is the ultimate footballer. I reckon he is he best signing I’ve seen in a long time.
And Finicane is also an excellent pick up. I’m gutted we missed him, he’d have been the cherry on top with Molo and Su’a.
Just so annoyed that Sharks are getting these players and we aren’t. If only Fitzgibbon hadn’t have knocked us back.

Me too. I'm disappointed particularly about Hynes who they got for next to nothing. Very poor miss on our part. Finncane was the best on offer and we miss out.

Sharks and dogs recruitment far better than ours. Will be in real trouble if our young blokes turn out to be duds which is every possibility to be perfectly honest.

Trifili13

Juniors
What I find interesting is if the price of $650k per year is correct for a representative forward of Finucane's standing, and it was too much for Storm to keep him, then how much less are the rest of their forwards getting? Should offer Vaughan's money to Asofa who is a beast.

BLM01

First Grade
What I find interesting is if the price of $650k per year is correct for a representative forward of Finucane's standing, and it was too much for Storm to keep him, then how much less are the rest of their forwards getting? Should offer Vaughan's money to Asofa who is a beast.
It is not 650K a year fact..but only in an average.
They have reported his last year (4th) is at 300K. His first 3 are at 750K

be55

Juniors
Agree, ditto McInness; think Saints are wise not to offer 4 years in both instances
And yet our "wise" club saw fit to offer a THREE year deal to a 31 year old in McCullough, who was coming off of a major injury, and who was universally recognised as probably the slowest hooker in the comp, even before he tore his hamstring off the bone...

How wise was that ?

Three years for McCullough, or a four year deal for McInnes...

I wonder which one makes more sense 🤔

It is not 650K a year fact..but only in an average.
They have reported his last year (4th) is at 300K. His first 3 are at 750K
oh dear, that kind of ruins the bagging of the 4th year! Don’t be a spoil sport.

oh and if $750 a year for 3 years then become a source for some to suggest he isn’t worth it, that’s just rubbish.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
And yet our "wise" club saw fit to offer a THREE year deal to a 31 year old in McCullough, who was coming off of a major injury, and who was universally recognised as probably the slowest hooker in the comp, even before he tore his hamstring off the bone...

How wise was that ?

Three years for McCullough, or a four year deal for McInnes...

I wonder which one makes more sense 🤔
Well, imo the way Saints went makes more sense:
you get the same level of player, arguably with a better kicking game, cleaner dummy half play who also compliments Ben Hunts’s game more effectively bringing out the best in his game, plus you save $200k and not committed for the extra year. The only one i would have offered a 4 year deal to was Bennett!

Last edited:

Latest posts