What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Titans

SEAT 1A

Bench
The BBQ stuffed the season. Can't win a game with half the team suspended and Hook asked them not to do it and they did.

The club needs to read the riot act, no tolerance, no polite asking. If the players don't understand what's required to make the finals , they are not required.

Dragsters

First Grade
Way too many errors.

Crap handling has killed us for weeks.

We won't stand a chance of beating anyone until they fix this.

Some poor selections didn't help today.

Hook, Elliot and Gentle need to be better and quick smart...

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Positives? Feagai did well, Blake really tried hard. That’s about it.
Still missing a host of players but other teams have improvised, adapted and overcome. I think mentally we are crumbling. We should get Lomax, Alvaro, ( gulp) Norman back next week. Rava soon? Looks like Cody may be missing with the wrist injury… as Fox said, our remaining games looks like murderers row….if we are to make the eight it will be a gutsy effort…..

jeffdragon

Bench
Still missing a host of players but other teams have improvised, adapted and overcome. I think mentally we are crumbling. We should get Lomax, Alvaro, ( gulp) Norman back next week. Rava soon? Looks like Cody may be missing with the wrist injury… as Fox said, our remaining games looks like murderers row….if we are to make the eight it will be a gutsy effort…..
Mate we have been soft for 10 years.
Things get tough we run in the opposite direction.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Think you need to take a step back and look at the context of this match and then look at the scoreline again. What does it say about the culture or heart of this team?

Hunt did not stand up today although he tries. It didn't come close to working for him today. Threw away a second challenge in as many weeks. Way too much wrong with this team for Molo and Sua to come in and change. We are not talking about a game here. We've been stuck in this mode since round 5.
I don't think we have quite shaken the Mary culture just yet. A new coaching administration doesn't really get to make their stamp until Year 2 or so. Terrible display today but we aren't going to be missing 3/4 players every week next year. Coaching has a lot to prove I agree, but the effect losing our first graders has had on the team has really exposed our lack of depth which is there for all to see at the moment. And I don't just mean the party idiots, Lomax injury and Ravalawa 8 weeks suspended in 9 games have taken a massive toll, as they paired together held together that side 100x better than their replacements. Ravas kick returns in particular are missed.

Hunt was off but still involved in most of our positive plays, and had absolutely zero forward support or protection all day (same with Bud). He's dragged the team over the line multiple times this season and the whole team was off so much today I don't think he could have done much more.

Dufty is shocking right now and Sloan, even if raw, has room to grow. Dufty has hit his ceiling.

Unsainty79

Juniors
I think we’re guilty of be over-using De Belin. We seem to be going to him a hell of a lot in the middle of the field to create something. He looks good when he gets the bull and tucks it under and has a run.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Mate we have been soft for 10 years.
Things get tough we run in the opposite direction.
True, it’s been a long 11 years since our last title. Some promising players coming and emerging for next year. As a wise man once said, hope is not a good thing, it’s the best of things…at the moment that’s all we’ve got!

Ever since we "redeemed" Wendell Sailor this club has had the misguided idea that it can straighten out Bad Boys. Hence the litany of deadbeat backsliders who have been signed by us in recent years. People like Dugan, Packer, Norman, Vaughan plus entertaining the idea of signing dropkicks like Carney and Folau.
Personally, I'd be happy to watch a Dragons team of homegrown nuffies come last every year than a cobbled-together assortment of flotsam and drek besmirching the Red V both on and off-field.
Then Hook goes and makes it worse with his Brisbane Burn-Out Boys Club.
Unless the board get serious this rut we're now in is going to be generational.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
In all seriousness, to all fellow diehards who are trapped in lockdown, do really take care of your mental health after that performance.

Sometimes, when life is hard, you just need your team to provide you something and ours did not today. 2 weeks in a row they pretty much repeat a insipid performance. Try not to let it get you down boys and girls. Try and find something else to focus on.

There will be positives eventually. All I can say is that your not alone in your sadness and frustration. I'm ashamed of this team but it can't last forever.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Please mate dont include Alvaro and Norman in your host of players

Dragsters

First Grade
I don't think we have quite shaken the Mary culture just yet. A new coaching administration doesn't really get to make their stamp until Year 2 or so. Terrible display today but we aren't going to be missing 3/4 players every week next year. Coaching has a lot to prove I agree, but the effect losing our first graders has had on the team has really exposed our lack of depth which is there for all to see at the moment. And I don't just mean the party idiots, Lomax injury and Ravalawa 8 weeks suspended in 9 games have taken a massive toll, as they paired together held together that side 100x better than their replacements. Ravas kick returns in particular are missed.

Hunt was off but still involved in most of our positive plays, and had absolutely zero forward support or protection all day (same with Bud). He's dragged the team over the line multiple times this season and the whole team was off so much today I don't think he could have done much more.

Dufty is shocking right now and Sloan, even if raw, has room to grow. Dufty has hit his ceiling.

If the coaching staff are serious that should be Dufty's last game in the red V.

He looks to have lost the desire for jersey...

TruSaint

Referee

Mate, you are one of the most level headed posters here. I admire that.
However, we got smashed by a piss poor Titans team...... even by their low standards.
Today was make or break. BBQ gate doesn't cut it. We had enough there to win, but this mob is disjointed and dare I say divided.
Hooks job now is not to focus on 2021, but to clear the deadwood, and find a way to gel this team. Watching players turn on each other says it all.

Latest posts