What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20: Parra v Roosters GAME DAY thread @ Mackay 29/7/21

hindy111

Post Whore
Agreed on Nrown. He’s a shadow of his former self. His laziness around the ruck led to one of their tries last night. I’d actually like to see us try Matto at lock, Nrown off the bench and Cartwright on the edge. I reckon that improves our attack, which has become obsolete.

As I mentioned earlier this season. His form is slowly fading.

Homo man69

Juniors
People should start to realise how much we rely on Moses in attack. That and Arthur jnr is not even ready for reserve grade.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fergos 200 run meters are a thing of the past. And sivo only fires up if there’s a try line within reach. Oppa, I’m not sure why he’s in the team. Average at best. Waqa has been going well, a shame he got injured. Our halves are providing nothing but errors and 7 tackle sets for the opposition. We need changes.

1. Russell
2. Fergo
3 penisi
4. Drown
5. Blake
6. Gutho
7. Moses

we can’t keep persevering with the same players as last night. It’ll be the same result as yesterday and the finals of 2020. I’d even consider will smith somewhere in the backline. Does anyone still believe drown is a half???
Drown was a half when he came into grade, it’s disgraceful how he has been used, how he his been managed and the absolutely lack of development in his game.

Look at how someone like Jerome Hughes has improved his game, that’s a sign of great coaching and look at how badly Browns attacking game has regressed. But but but the players are lazy and dumb and not good enough.

Effort Areas!!! Collisions chase chase Derp Derp Derp de de Derp!!

IFR33K

Coach
Drown was a half when he came into grade, it’s disgraceful how he has been used, how he his been managed and the absolutely lack of development in his game.

Look at how someone like Jerome Hughes has improved his game, that’s a sign of great coaching and look at how badly Browns attacking game has regressed. But but but the players are lazy and dumb and not good enough.

Effort Areas!!! Collisions chase chase Derp Derp Derp de de Derp!!

Honestly Ba’s press conferences could be used weekly. Always repeating himself. Think it’s time for another option.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Honestly Ba’s press conferences could be used weekly. Always repeating himself. Think it’s time for another option.
He should of went in 2018, getting a spoon with that roster was embarrassing. It was the same story every week then he had no idea why we were losing and dribbled the same shit every week. He is a limited plodder who has no idea once plan A doesn’t work.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well it doesn't help when you have the work experience kid leading the attack around, it's embarrassing he is anywhere near the side. I felt sorry for the kid his father has absolutely done him no favours.

Watching us try and put together a set play is like watching a bunch of homeless whino's chase a 20 dollar bill down an alleyway on a windy day.
We need better players in key positions. Hopefully Moses will offer a hot beef injection next week.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I hope the club are watching his press conference performances and making future decisions off the back of them.
Well they do tell a story, he’s completely devoid of ideas and has no idea why we are struggling. It was the same old story in 2018. He barley has a plan A let alone a plan B. Bellamy probably gets down to F but it’s not like he needs to go that far.

emjaycee

Coach
Why do you keep thinking it has to be one or the other?

If you read my posts I think Brown is one of the most overrated players in the game, is our roster the best no of course not but it’s a hell of a lot better than what we are ATM.

Our attack is beyond embarrassing now and it has been ordinary in all his time here even though we have had some outstanding attacking players. Down play the roster all you like but at the end of the day it’s on the coach and it’s not and he is not good enough.
You still haven't answered this one mate.

emjaycee

Coach
Agreed on Nrown. He’s a shadow of his former self. His laziness around the ruck led to one of their tries last night. I’d actually like to see us try Matto at lock, Nrown off the bench and Cartwright on the edge. I reckon that improves our attack, which has become obsolete.
But apparently we don't have lazy players. It's all the coaching, nothing to do with the players.

emjaycee

Coach
We are playing a game of force men's back. We do not play actual football.
Our backs lack skill. Our 2nd rowers do not break the line.
Our bench has no real impact.
You can't say that mate, apparently they would walk into any of the top 3 teams backlines.
There is nothing wrong with our roster. It's all the coaches fault.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
But apparently we don't have lazy players. It's all the coaching, nothing to do with the players.
Maybe the players are tired??? Same thing happened last season. Maybe chasing the collision wears a team down after a long tough season???

Chipmunk

Coach
Sounds like you're hoping they won't have anything to laugh about. Ulterior motive?
No, hoping is putting up a bomb and trying to get a plucky try is the only way we seem to be able to score tries.

I've been saying for months we have deficiencies that the players and coaching staff either ignore or are unable to correct, and I expect this to be heavily exposed over the last six weeks of the competition.

We will meet the Raiders in week 1 of the Finals and be straight out.

The only discussion now is whether the coaching staff who has won as many wooden spoons as finals games over eight years are the right people going forward.

emjaycee

Coach
Gutherson is more a 5/8. Have a look at what other fullbacks do. They bust tackles and are damaging runners of the ball.

Sivo has 1 or 2 good charges a game. He bombed another try last night early when Blake got on the outside of Morris he comes back in.

Fergo is had it as an nrl player. Average now.
FFS, leave the players alone.

tenor (1).gif

Avenger

Immortal
You can't say that mate, apparently they would walk into any of the top 3 teams backlines.
There is nothing wrong with our roster. It's all the coaches fault.
Of course it’s his fault. He recruited them. There have been plenty of players in the market. Good young players and he has opted to keep these players instead. I can’t see your point but an attempt to shift the blame. He lives and dies by the performance of his team by the players HE RECRUITED.

The end.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We lost last the two weeks to decimated sides , who in reality wont be near the GF this year under their current available roster. Genuine top sides beat them, regardless of one or two unavailable players

We may jag a West Tigers 05 or Parra 09 and go on an unexpected rampage into the GF, in reality its possible, but also laughable at this point..

I wonder if our board at seasons end or sooner, will start planning or inquiring for a new coach for 2023 and beyond. We possibly honour BAs contract for next year, plus we dont want to rush his replacement, need time to get the right person

Trent Robinson is who we should target IMO. Who is available 2023.

Sell him the challenge and what it means to his coaching legacy. Would become a great on par with Jack Gibson at winning comps with both clubs, breaking this Eels drought will be huge. Letting him know we are keen for him in 2023, would also give him time to possibly bring over 2-3 chooks players he wants with him. Keary would be just lovely for starters.
Sticking point, I dont think Uncle Nick will let him go anytime soon, especially now Fitzgibbon is off to the Sharks - sigh

Chipmunk

Coach
We couldn't score because the defence was too good. The reason the defence was too good was because we didn't build any pressure. Our team is built, since 2019, to wear teams down and wait for the defence to make mistakes. It requires execution and patience.

So playing manic, as we appeared to in the first half, would be contradictory to this.

Would playing more expansive and taking some changes with more offloads be a decision of the players or decision of the coaching staff?

Latest posts