What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

Alintheeast

Juniors
Hope we win tomorrow and losing by a little isn’t good enough. Think we hold an overall advantage in backs, Martin will keep Munster off balance, what will Welch do without Cleary to harass, Kaufusi will spend match looking to belt Laui. Looking forward to Edwards and Kikau stepping up.

Girds89

Bench
There is a chance he could be back before finals. Will know more how he is progressing in a few weeks.
Has he had the operation yet?

There was a suggestion that he could potentially require pins to stabalise the area or just rehabed without the need for pins.

Obviously no surgery is better.

franklin2323

Immortal
Ivan said in his interview Luai was quiet and was given or taking extra responsibility this week forget exact wording. So it's objective facts now the coach has said it.

Ivan keeps his cards too his chest. I took that to mean Burton is going to do all the dull stuff like the kicking leaving Luai to take over in the 20..

If we don't throw intercepts or give it to props on the last attacking the line then we are better off already

Girds89

Bench
Ivan said in his interview Luai was quiet and was given or taking extra responsibility this week forget exact wording. So it's objective facts now the coach has said it.

He also said that he was coming back from an injury and that comes into play too.

franklin2323

Immortal
No ones said we cant function and scrap wins without him.

Most people just made the point that weve been crap without him and need him if we are any chance of getting to the gf again.

Again that is comparing apples with oranges though.

You assume if we inserted just Nathan we would of been less 'crap'

Take the warriors game. The origin guys only did the captain's run he would of been in that group to not do any sessions.

That is why we will improve over the next few weeks regardless of when he returns

Girds89

Bench
Again that is comparing apples with oranges though.

You assume if we inserted just Nathan we would of been less 'crap'

Take the warriors game. The origin guys only did the captain's run he would of been in that group to not do any sessions.

That is why we will improve over the next few weeks regardless of when he returns

Honestly franklin youve lost me on anything to do with cleary.

I appreciate the majority of your posts and you are generally pretty spot on but we arent going to agree on nathan.

Hes the best player in the game. Him being in our side we 110% definitley play better.

I couldnt care less about any stat or situation you want to guess on. If hes in the team we are a shitload better. Really not sure what planet you are on with your thinking in regards to nath.

If hed play the warriors game we win comfortably.

mxlegend99

Referee

I appreciate the majority of your posts and you are generally pretty spot on but we arent going to agree on nathan.

Hes the best player in the game. Him being in our side we 110% definitley play better.

I couldnt care less about any stat or situation you want to guess on. If hes in the team we are a shitload better. Really not sure what planet you are on with your thinking in regards to nath.

Panthers average a +27.66 point margin and 100% winning rate with him in 2021.
NSW average a +35 point margin and 100% winning rate with him in 2021

Panthers without him have won 4 from 6 for a 66% win rate and an average margin of +0.33 points

NSW lost their only game without him for a negative margin.

Nathan had a lot of variables when he played, just as our team without him has had a lot of variables. But without him neither team has looked close to their form with him. Nathan helped us absolutely massacre a top 4 side in Souths. Along with many other sides. But he made a top 4 side look like spoon contenders

Without Nathan:
Storm - epic win
Tigers - we got pumped in a game everyone thought we would win easily
Sharks - pumped first half. Got back into it only to lose anyway
Eels - look at their place on ladder and it seems a good win. Look at their ability once the season hits the halfway point and it's really not impressive. Reserve graders Roosters destroyed them while not playing well
Warriors - they played most the game with no bench and finished better than we did
Broncos - second worst team in the competition. Spent 10 minutes with only 12 on the field and we only just scraped in a win because of their incompetence. We set the record for most missed tackles this season.

With Nathan we never once looked like losing a game and when we played poorly very rarely he stepped up and controlled the game as needed.

franklin2323

Immortal

At full strength. I'd prob rate us 10/10. We have the best side by a mile over everyone else.

Even if you rate us as 9/10 without him...That is still better than almost every other side which was my point with him

As for the Warriors game. Both halves out several guys backing up we still scored 6 tries

Girds89

Bench
At full strength. I'd prob rate us 10/10. We have the best side by a mile over everyone else.

Even if you rate us as 9/10 without him...That is still better than almost every other side which was my point with him

As for the Warriors game. Both halves out several guys backing up we still scored 6 tries
Haha in what world have we been a 9/10 without him lol.

Maybe a 5/10 at best.

Girds89

Bench

And a full strength we are not the best side by a mile haha.

At full strength the roosters, storm and rabbits would all be very very even games and could go either way.

Id say on paper the storm are probably the best team in the comp.

1 paps at full fitness is 3rd best fb in comp behind teddy and turbo so better than edwards
6 luai has munster covered this year but munster is a big game player with plenty of experience so pretty even.
7. Cleary has hughes covered but hughes is easily 2nd best half back in the comp and can detroy teams with individual brillance.
9. They have grant and cheese. Much better than the api may combo. Api is better than them but the ability for one of them to come on fresh is huge. They actually offer game breaking impact unlike may.

And the storm and our pack are even. They are huge and can really dominate and get on a roll as we have seen all year.

The backs are also probably even.

So no at full strength we are not miles ahead haha.

Smug Panther

First Grade
And a full strength we are not the best side by a mile haha.

At full strength the roosters, storm and rabbits would all be very very even games and could go either way.

Id say on paper the storm are probably the best team in the comp.

1 paps at full fitness is 3rd best fb in comp behind teddy and turbo so better than edwards
6 luai has munster covered this year but munster is a big game player with plenty of experience so pretty even.
7. Cleary has hughes covered but hughes is easily 2nd best half back in the comp and can detroy teams with individual brillance.
9. They have grant and cheese. Much better than the api may combo. Api is better than them but the ability for one of them to come on fresh is huge. They actually offer game breaking impact unlike may.

And the storm and our pack are even. They are huge and can really dominate and get on a roll as we have seen all year.

The backs are also probably even.

So no at full strength we are not miles ahead haha.
We are miles better than Souths. Like way f**king better

Girds89

Bench
We are miles better than Souths. Like way f**king better
I think we are better. Not miles better.

They have latrell who can have one of those games where hes in a mood and unstoppable.

Roosters similar. Teddy turbo and latrell are probally the 3 most dangerous players in the comp at doing something from nothing.

So chooks and souths get bonus points for latrell and teddy imo

Smug Panther

First Grade
I think we are better. Not miles better.

They have latrell who can have one of those games where hes in a mood and unstoppable.

Roosters similar. Teddy turbo and latrell are probally the 3 most dangerous players in the comp at doing something from nothing.

So chooks and souths get bonus points for latrell and teddy imo
They don't have the pack to match us not even close. It's who we are playing week 1 and I'm f**king stoked

Girds89

Bench
Yeah i agree. Our pack is strong than the buns. But we will still need to be at our best to beat them. If we play our best and have all hands on deck i think we can and would beat them.

At full strength melbs are absolutely stacked and its a different proposition. Thats an incredibly talented team at full strength and will be incredibly difficult to beat no matter what way you look at it .

1. Paps
2. Jennings/brenko lee
3. Hynes
4. Olam
5. Ado carr
6. Munster
7. Hughes
8. Welch
9. Cheese
10. Jesse b
11. Kenny b
12. Kafusi