What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That needs to be balanced against potential loss of revenue or sponsorship should fans or sponsors become dissatisfied given previous fade outs.
As you can see by membership figures, they haven't. Eventually Arthur's will be replaced but there is currently zero evidence he is costing the club any revenue. If he's cheaper than the alternatives then there's evidence to keep him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
most clubs culled staff last year. Was it a case of not being able to afford them, or smart business? Plus every player took pay cuts too. Does that mean we can’t afford an elite player for 2022?
Players are paid for by the NRL grant, though we are likely to have to offer a greater proportion of our cap to players compared to clubs like the Roosters and Storm. That's just 'good cap management'. If we had more money we could afford to pay better people to 'manage the cap'. It's really all about money, or as you say, 'smart business'. Are you happy with how smart our business is?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think they want me pointing out they don't spend enough on footy. Manly goes broke every ten years and it doesn't seem to hurt them. Maybe what we need is more irresponsible spending.

Rockafella

Juniors
These are facts.

We lost 3 of last 4.

To Panthers minus Cleary
Raiders minus Wighton we had no Moses
Rooster minus Keary we had no Moses

There is 5 games remaining. Lets say we only beat Cowboys and then get bundled out by Knights/Raiders/Titans or Sharks week 1. Which is what I expect is going to happen then BA will be gone.
It would be 8/10 games end of season we lost. Not the worse scenario.

The worse that could happen is we beat Cowboys and a weak Penrith side and perhaps the Sharks week 1 in finals then get belted the week after. Prob enough to keep BA.

I'm hoping however we beat Souths,Manly,Cowboys and Penrith. Finish top 4 and give it a shake. The Parra inside me hasn't given up hope yet. This is ideal result.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Opacic is garbage matey, runs on the same spot, too slow
He's not a difference maker but not everyone in the top 17 has to be. Opacic is the best defensive centre in the club. Wouldn't be too expensive but I'd say too expensive to sit in reserve grade. Making him redundant wouldn't be good cap management.

Avenger

Immortal
These are facts.

We lost 3 of last 4.

To Panthers minus Cleary
Raiders minus Wighton we had no Moses
Rooster minus Keary we had no Moses

There is 5 games remaining. Lets say we only beat Cowboys and then get bundled out by Knights/Raiders/Titans or Sharks week 1. Which is what I expect is going to happen then BA will be gone.
It would be 8/10 games end of season we lost. Not the worse scenario.

The worse that could happen is we beat Cowboys and a weak Penrith side and perhaps the Sharks week 1 in finals then get belted the week after. Prob enough to keep BA.

I'm hoping however we beat Souths,Manly,Cowboys and Penrith. Finish top 4 and give it a shake. The Parra inside me hasn't given up hope yet. This is ideal result.
Unless he makes the preliminary final 2022 should be his last year. If it’s worse than that and we go out in straight sets or lose the 5 V 8 or 6 V 7 game he should be thrown out immediately on his ear and we hire either Bennett or Flanagan.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lets see how the season pans out. I wouldn't bank on it but I won't rule out us winning 4 of our last 5. It is possible. Make top 4 and play well.

It is actually very interesting in my opinion on how we bounce back and go over the next 5 weeks.
Depends who's available. At full strength we'll beat the Cowboys and might get Manly. I wouldn't tip us in the other three games.

Incorrect

Coach
Penrith in last round may rest guys?
I doubt it. Origin and associated injuries as well as suspensions in Api's case and family stuff for JFH has seen them hardly have their best 17 playing together since probably early June. Think they'll want them all playing and getting primed 3 weeks out from finals. I'd be surprised if anyone was rested in that Parra game

hindy111

Post Whore
Players are paid for by the NRL grant, though we are likely to have to offer a greater proportion of our cap to players compared to clubs like the Roosters and Storm. That's just 'good cap management'. If we had more money we could afford to pay better people to 'manage the cap'. It's really all about money, or as you say, 'smart business'. Are you happy with how smart our business is?

I heard its windy in Perth. Did your roof blow off?

Latest posts