What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
Latrell Mitchell? "Give me the ball, and follow me?"

Is this the same Latrell Mitchell who made fewer runs in both Finals games while playing for the Roosters, than his centre partner did in one Finals game?

The guy is exceptionally talented, but he is lazy.
Latrell may have not had the best workrate and still may not, but he is an exceptional player and maturing every year. This SOO origin series showed what a class act he is.
He has also got rid of a lot of garbage out of his game. He used to basically push, shove, niggle in every tackle regardless if he was tackled or he made the tackle.
Not sure if it's Bennett's influence yet he seems a more settled and consistent player with that X-factor required to go to another level to win the big games.
Souths are my smokey to win the comp. Clearly Melb and Penrith are everyone's tip for the GF but Souths if they can get their defence in order they are a big show. Attack wise they have no issue. Their attack is fluent.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Latrell may have not had the best workrate and still may not, but he is an exceptional player and maturing every year. This SOO origin series showed what a class act he is.
He has also got rid of a lot of garbage out of his game. He used to basically push, shove, niggle in every tackle regardless if he was tackled or he made the tackle.
Not sure if it's Bennett's influence yet he seems a more settled and consistent player with that X-factor required to go to another level to win the big games.
Souths are my smokey to win the comp. Clearly Melb and Penrith are everyone's tip for the GF but Souths if they can get their defence in order they are a big show. Attack wise they have no issue. Their attack is fluent.
Definitely Bennett. Even the Chooks coach had issues with him. Seriously we have an opportunity to grab Bennett for a couple of years. Id be flabbergasted if our Board wernt already discussing this. We have stopped the leaks and Bennett love his secrets. May already be a done deal. Dreaming?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Definitely Bennett. Even the Chooks coach had issues with him. Seriously we have an opportunity to grab Bennett for a couple of years. Id be flabbergasted if our Board wernt already discussing this. We have stopped the leaks and Bennett love his secrets. May already be a done deal. Dreaming?
If our board aren’t making enquires about Bennett or even Flanagan they are derelict in their duties as far as I’m concerned. We live in hope

Gazzamatta

Coach
If our board aren’t making enquires about Bennett or even Flanagan they are derelict in their duties as far as I’m concerned. We live in hope
We fought for so long to get a professional, well credentialed board . I cant believe they would be sitting on their hands. The Leagues Club exists for the betterment of the NRL team. This group would not be happy to stagnate or go backwards. I reckon they gave BA his head last year to improve although I reckon Johns would have been forced upon him. A huge 5 weeks starting on friday. Capitulate and all hell will break loose. Come on BA. Id love you to succeed.

Bandwagon

Staff member
He might have been on backup money but his form in first grade has been good. His recent retention would've been on top 17 money, I'm guessing about $200k

That's still nowhere near top class center coin, it's less than your average for top thirty.

hindy111

Post Whore
I still think our chances of winning a comp will be a solid squad and hope we unearth a few gun players.
Who knows but Penisini and Russel might be the only x factor or spark we may need to go up a gear.
Hollis,Greig and even Hughes(if back).may be surprised packet's also.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's still nowhere near top class center coin, it's less than your average for top thirty.
Less than the mean but around the median I'd say. I think centres would be the lowest paid starting 13 players. The top ones wouldn't be on more than about $500k, unless at a desperate club. There would be bench forwards earning more than the starting centres in their team.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Less than the mean but around the median I'd say. I think centres would be the lowest paid starting 13 players. The top ones wouldn't be on more than about $500k, unless at a desperate club. There would be bench forwards earning more than the starting centres in their team.

It's still backup coin though, good backup coin for sure.

Avenger

Immortal
I agree. I reckon a gun winger is worth more in the modern game.

Avenger

Immortal
We fought for so long to get a professional, well credentialed board . I cant believe they would be sitting on their hands. The Leagues Club exists for the betterment of the NRL team. This group would not be happy to stagnate or go backwards. I reckon they gave BA his head last year to improve although I reckon Johns would have been forced upon him. A huge 5 weeks starting on friday. Capitulate and all hell will break loose. Come on BA. Id love you to succeed.
Everyone does but sadly it won’t happen. I don’t think Moses will be out again this week and if he doesn’t do something about the halfback situation he is either being stubborn or nepotistic.

I fear that Souths will put at least 40 on us and the pressure will intensify this time next week. I predict we will go out with a whimper and so will BA’s tenure with us. Sadly he deserves better.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No, Blake can play wing with Lomax centre.
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

The Predictor

Juniors
I can’t see us ditching BA Early. Especially with the coaching/footy dept cap now in place. We’re not the type of club happy to cop a fine or pay for 2 coaches at once.
Let’s just keeping him for another 2 and we can round the decade with f**k all to show.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's still backup coin though, good backup coin for sure.
I don't reckon $200k is backup money. There would be plenty of top 17 players on that much. There would have to be, given the size of the contracts at the upper end. The top ten players would be taking up more than half the cap. Some clubs might only have $3M to pay the bottom 20 players. That's a $150k average for those nuffies.