What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Raiders

thebigredv

First Grade
With a host of players to return against an equally disappointing Raiders, surely the excuses to lose run out for our team this round.

Really looking forward to having Rava and De Belin back to add some much need starch to our play, and we will finally have a recognised goal kicker. Can't remember who still has to serve a suspension, Beale is one but we won't miss him one iota.

It gets so much harder after this game but this one and is winnable, and really Hook must get the team up for this one.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
People aren’t going to like it but this would be my side vs the Raiders. We just need to get the job done with a bigger more experienced side. If we lose this one we can start building for the future but bit by bit not all our juniors at once.
1.Dufty
2.Feagai
3.Bird
4.Lomax
5.Rava
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Kerr
11.Burns
12.Sims
13.JDB
14.McGuire
15.Faumausili
16.Alvaro
17.Ford

SGMax

Juniors
We have next week against an inconsistent Raiders team. Very winnable.
After that we have:
Panthers without a few of their stars and not in form. Possible.
Roosters without a few of their stars but in good form.Unlikely.
Cowboys who are worse than us and we should beat.
Souths again who may have their minds on the semi's.Unlikely but who knows, except for the last 20mins with a glut of possession, I thought they were'nt that good.

If we can focus on not helping the opposition with errors and low percentage plays, we could still win a few games and scrape into the finals.
Trying to stay positive and hoping we can compete as a unified team without further disruptions.
Watch for Fui to get rubbed out by the match reviewers.

thebigredv

First Grade
After that we have:
Souths again who may have their minds on the semi's.Unlikely but who knows, except for the last 20mins with a glut of possession, I thought they were'nt that good.

If we can focus on not helping the opposition with errors and low percentage plays, we could still win a few games and scrape into the finals.
Trying to stay positive and hoping we can compete as a unified team without further disruptions.

It's good to have a positive mindset like that. Try and finish like we started the year....sounds nice. Possible? yes, probable? no way. It was interesting so many posters start talking us up today pre match. I knew better, and in their heart they probably did too.

We are not a good team.

I just can't see souths, panthers or roosters faltering against the very mentally weak and physically inferior team that we have stayed this year. We are so far off from causing any sort of upset. We raise the white flag every time Corey is named in the team for starters.

We can beat the raiders, yes, but the sooner we move on to recruitment for 2022 the sooner we can all refresh our love and hopes for this club. I'm distraught.

blacksafake

First Grade
After that we have:

You can bet your bottom dollar the Panthers will be at full strength & looking to make a statement.

St Tangles

Bench
1 Sloane
2 Feagai
3 Bird
4 Lomax
5 Rava
6 Sullivan
7 Hunt
8 Lawrie
9 MCulloch
10 Sims
11 Burns
12 Fui
13 JDB

14 McGuire
15 Kerr
16 Ford
17 Amone

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
People aren’t going to like it but this would be my side vs the Raiders. We just need to get the job done with a bigger more experienced side. If we lose this one we can start building for the future but bit by bit not all our juniors at once.
1.Dufty
2.Feagai
3.Bird
4.Lomax
5.Rava
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Kerr
11.Burns
12.Sims
13.JDB
14.McGuire
15.Faumausili
16.Alvaro
17.Ford
Forbes, respect your opinion, but we have to move from Dufty and Norman now. Sloan has payed 3 games at #1 for 3 try's. Corey Norman, to put it as simply as possible, is a disgrace. So many good players have donned the Big Red V jersey who would be wincing every time he has to make a tackle. It is a terrible accusation to label at a player; but he is gutless.

I am supported of Griffin, but the continual selection of Norman is starting to worry me regarding his judgement. Norman will not be with us next year, we are unlikely to win more then another game or so, we have juniors who desperately need continual 1st grade exposure, so why pick a washed up hack like Norman?

The other issue that raised my attention was reading during the week how Griffin had offered Dufty as a loan player to the Warriors and Chooks; and they both said no. There is something about Dufty that we are not being told. Simply put, other teams do not rate him, hence his inability to get a decent contract anywhere else. Seems others know more about Dufty then we do.

BBTB

Juniors
Forbes, respect your opinion, but we have to move from Dufty and Norman now. Sloan has payed 3 games at #1 for 3 try's. Corey Norman, to put it as simply as possible, is a disgrace. So many good players have donned the Big Red V jersey who would be wincing every time he has to make a tackle. It is a terrible accusation to label at a player; but he is gutless.

I am supported of Griffin, but the continual selection of Norman is starting to worry me regarding his judgement. Norman will not be with us next year, we are unlikely to win more then another game or so, we have juniors who desperately need continual 1st grade exposure, so why pick a washed up hack like Norman?

The other issue that raised my attention was reading during the week how Griffin had offered Dufty as a loan player to the Warriors and Chooks; and they both said no. There is something about Dufty that we are not being told. Simply put, other teams do not rate him, hence his inability to get a decent contract anywhere else. Seems others know more about Dufty then we do.
Yes dump Norman & Dufty now, gutless cowards....

Inisai Toga

Juniors

…what would you expect them to tell us?

Latest posts