What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
On Brandon Smith. If the Chooks can afford him with the team roster they have then so should we.

He is the sort of tenacious terrier that we just don't have in the middle. Brown used to have it in bits and pieces here and there, but not like this guy. We need a player like this if we want to bash and be relentless in the big games. He will lead the way.

I would go all out for a player like him. Add Klemmer if possible and a team with RCG, Junior, Klemmer, Papalii, Matterson and B. Smith would be unstoppable. Doesn't matter who else we need to let go from our forwards stocks to make it happen. Whoever we still had left would be fine and don't forget we have some quality in the juniors that might be ready by 2023 anyway. He would also be great cover for Mahoney and if needed Mahoney could take a break while Brandon played dummy half. This would allow us to have 4 gorilla forwards or 3 and a back on the bench.

But I think we need to sort out our coach first. Maybe Flanno would be a better option to entice players like Smith and Klemmer. The 3 players I have in bold are non negotiable keepers. Any other forward is expendable if we can attract Smith and Klemmer. We can find other similar options to cover their loss. But if we could get them two, we would be a much more aggressive and ruthless team. Add some young spark from our junior out wide and I think we are cooking with gas.

We don't have any money to sign B.Smith. Let alone him and Klemmer.
We will be shopping in the bargain bin this year. Hopefully we pluck another Papali'i out of our arses. And some juniors explode onto the scene.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If you think this is a top 4 coach side atm you need to stop huffing paint Twiz.

last year ? the year before ?

its our fav spot on the ladder, we keep losing but we're still fourth

you cant argue with stats, just as Poo

hineyrulz

Post Whore
last year ? the year before ?

its our fav spot on the ladder, we keep losing but we're still fourth

you cant argue with stats, just as Poo
How did we finish when it mattered?? Out backwards again so who cares where you finish during the season when you are just cannon fodder for the finals.

We aren't even going to finish top 4 this season, going backwards with a better squad if we keep an 8 season spoon coach winning i'd say thats the epitome of mediocrity.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
How did we finish when it mattered?? Out backwards again so who cares where you finish during the season when you are just cannon fodder for the finals.

We aren't even going to finish top 4 this season, going backwards with a better squad if we keep an 8 season spoon coach winning i'd say thats the epitome of mediocrity.

May the 4th be with you

1627980604925.png

hineyrulz

Post Whore
lol

lets go luna fun GIF by PBS KIDS

IFR33K

Coach
We don't have any money to sign B.Smith. Let alone him and Klemmer.
We will be shopping in the bargain bin this year. Hopefully we pluck another Papali'i out of our arses. And some juniors explode onto the scene.

Plus we Need origin players, not Nz internationals.

Eelementary

Post Whore
On Brandon Smith. If the Chooks can afford him with the team roster they have then so should we.

He is the sort of tenacious terrier that we just don't have in the middle. Brown used to have it in bits and pieces here and there, but not like this guy. We need a player like this if we want to bash and be relentless in the big games. He will lead the way.

I would go all out for a player like him. Add Klemmer if possible and a team with RCG, Junior, Klemmer, Papalii, Matterson and B. Smith would be unstoppable. Doesn't matter who else we need to let go from our forwards stocks to make it happen. Whoever we still had left would be fine and don't forget we have some quality in the juniors that might be ready by 2023 anyway. He would also be great cover for Mahoney and if needed Mahoney could take a break while Brandon played dummy half. This would allow us to have 4 gorilla forwards or 3 and a back on the bench.

But I think we need to sort out our coach first. Maybe Flanno would be a better option to entice players like Smith and Klemmer. The 3 players I have in bold are non negotiable keepers. Any other forward is expendable if we can attract Smith and Klemmer. We can find other similar options to cover their loss. But if we could get them two, we would be a much more aggressive and ruthless team. Add some young spark from our junior out wide and I think we are cooking with gas.

I love it!

Only problem is that Smith wants to play 9, and our little 9 is a pretty damn good player.

But Brandon Smith at Parra - I'd love that!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm smartening up by listening to ABC radio. And one thing they discussed is over confidence being a negative thing as people are less willing to listen to another point of view or opinion based on the fact they are right and can't be wrong.
Along with not teaching kids how to have an argument/discussion in a manner that can be constructive. Which is leaving them with closed minds in doing so.....

I'm not suggesting this is pointed at yourself. But there is a few on the coronavirus thread that fall into this category. I think you generally have a logical based theory on most things and are closer to correct more often then not.

One thing I feel you don't take into account is what I call CLUTCH. Moses and Gutherson just aren't clutch players. Unlike N.Cleary who is or Turbo for example. And then you have guys with winning DNA. Real fighters. Look at Papenhauzen,Slater,Cronk,Gallen as examples. They just fight for eveything and have this enormous desire to not give up. This you're born with.
From personal experience I know I just don't have it in me. I can be very good at what I do but I am just to laid back and relaxed. I see other individuals especially in business who will always be more successful. They'll do whatever it takes. Even if it's moral wrong.
I reckon our squad lacks these type of personalities. Who in our team fights for every single moment?

W.Smith,Mahoney,N.Brown and Gutherson. I am unable to include any others in this list.
I dunno.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Plus we Need origin players, not Nz internationals.
Some Kiwi internationals are Origin calibre and some aren't. But also, internationals usually aren't played at the same intensity as Origin, so they are an unreliable measure of big game experience. I prefer Origin and finals. Those definitely improve a player. Lucky for all the Kiwis at the Storm, they get to play plenty of finals matches.