What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Raiders

Illusion

Bench
I might be in the minority here but I don't mind the clune and norman pairing, they both know how to kick deep and we need that against the raiders big men, as long as norman doesn't kick it out on the full again, we need his pinpoint bombs to lomax.

Also clune is very underrated, our edges run better lines with him on the field imo.

Season is just about done and dusted but I still want to win.
Mate I would of had Clune at 7 and Hunt at 9 long ago ......

Illusion

Bench
Me too. Clune gives early clean ball which empowers our runners. Hunt gives late hard balls which contributes to errors and no footwork before the line. Just my opinion of course.
Hunt at 9 would have given us more attack and kicking game from there .... McCullogh gives us no attack at all as did McInnes all good defenders but Hunts attack much better ....

Dragsters

First Grade
Hunt @ 9 would be like BMoz at fullback.

Both brilliant at the position, but would last about half a dozen games, then be out with a serious injury for an extended period.

While he is a very good dummy half at origin for a few games a year, week on week would take its toll and we would be worse off in the long run.

Plus, he's our best halfback.

That's how I see it...

Illusion

Bench
Hunt @ 9 would be like BMoz at fullback.

Both brilliant at the position, but would last about half a dozen games, then be out with a serious injury for an extended period.

While he is a very good dummy half at origin for a few games a year, week on week would take its toll and we would be worse off in the long run.

Plus, he's our best halfback.

That's how I see it...
Yep best 7 agree but also best 9 , Clune would do his job at 7 giving us better attack at 9 .... Broke his leg and his hand playing 7 ......

kit66

Bench
If Clune is playing for his career then he better learn how to tackle, his attempts last week was again embarrassing.

He played 21 minutes, made 19 tackles and missed 2, which almost qualifies him as our best defender last week. Seriously, everyone else missed between 3 and 9 tackles - except Feagai and Tariq. 56 missed tackles for the team, must be a record.
He'll have a lot to prove and a lot to play for on Friday - if he goes well he'll keep that jersey for the rest of the year, hopefully he grabs that sucka by the throat and makes the most of it. I can't see anyone else firing our attack. I think he goes alright, just hasn't had much opportunity.

blacksafake

First Grade
Looking at their side I'd be running plenty of traffic at Croker, Williams & Hodgson as they are capable of missing tackles, especially Croker. Rapana has mistakes in his game so kick pressure on him vital.
Hopefully big Papa comes down with an injury in the captains run.

Latest posts