What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Without offending any of our Rooster's brethren (and he is much, much better than Woods) but Boyd Cordner was lucky he played in the Rooster's system. Upon his retirements I recall Blocker Roach describe him as the equal of Tallis and Clyde. I fell off my chair and thought that poor old Blocker had sustained too many head knocks himself. Cordner was whole-hearted and a decent fellow for sure, but massively over-rated.
And a good defender
But what I don’t understand is the why was he “way overrated”
What did he not do apart from hog the ball that edge backrowers are supposed to and do today
I agree not in the Clyde and Tallis class but a slightly different era and not sure of their captaincy records

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
You know this fact how?
I know you are Sharks supporter and view the forum but I hope you have better sources than that 😁
185K according to reports by nospam47, it was reported widely in the sporting news a couple of months ago.
"Off-contract Cronulla Sharks prop Aaron Woods has revealed that winning a Premiership is still the ultimate goal driving him to secure another NRL deal.

The 30-year-old was told by Cronulla that he will not be in their plans for the 2022 season and beyond.

That's even though he reportedly was willing to take a massive pay cut to stay in the Shire for just $185k a year. Well down on the $600k a year he is on at the moment."

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
185K according to reports by nospam47, it was reported widely in the sporting news a couple of months ago.
"Off-contract Cronulla Sharks prop Aaron Woods has revealed that winning a Premiership is still the ultimate goal driving him to secure another NRL deal.

The 30-year-old was told by Cronulla that he will not be in their plans for the 2022 season and beyond.

That's even though he reportedly was willing to take a massive pay cut to stay in the Shire for just $185k a year. Well down on the $600k a year he is on at the moment."

Thanks
But what and who is no spam or writes sporting news .. must be fact
If so.. let’s offer him a bargain deal at 150k and fast food vouchers after training and get this deal done
I will name my St George teddy after him

Crush

Coach
Thanks
But what and who is no spam or writes sporting news .. must be fact
If so.. let’s offer him a bargain deal at 150k and fast food vouchers after training and get this deal done
I will name my St George teddy after him
Mate what are you saying here? Firstly you ridicule me for stating what I heard then when I post an article on it you don’t believe it?
It’s true.
The media reported it and I’ve heard it from people at Sharks.
Woods asked Fitzgibbon if he could stay on for a tiny contract and Sharks said no, not in their plans.
A club with a vision and plan.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Mate what are you saying here? Firstly you ridicule me for stating what I heard then when I post an article on it you don’t believe it?
It’s true.
Woods asked Fitzgibbon if he could stay on for a tiny contract and Sharks said no, not in their plans.
Crush, I've unfollowed this Member, and I'm ignoring any/all of his posts. I find him pretty confrontational, rude and illogical, and then he has the temerity to tell you "that it's only debating". If you don't agree with his opinion he gets all weird and aggressive. He's not overly bright and in the words of Mark Twain:

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
It’s true.
1 Ridicule?. wheres the ridicule. ;)🧐
I am right you have a softie for the Sharks and read their forum
2. Did I say i did not believe you?..No
If we sign pillow puff Woods i am naming my teddy after him..thats all
Aaron the dragon teddy
Up the Saints

Gareth67

First Grade
Reports have come out stating we are looking at signing Moses Suli

I have no idea how much truth there is in that rumor , however we attempted to do so before and he knocked us back .

From what I have read in those ever so trusty tabloids he also had one or two other problems which were unrelated to football and apparently old Des was becoming somewhat annoyed with him due to it ?

Crush

Coach
1 Ridicule?. wheres the ridicule. ;)🧐
I am right you have a softie for the Sharks and read their forum
2. Did I say i did not believe you?..No
If we sign pillow puff Woods i am naming my teddy after him..thats all
Aaron the dragon teddy
Up the Saints
I hate the Sharks more than any other team in the comp. I live in the shire. I went to school in the shire. I grew up the only one of my mates that didnt go for Sharks. My father is a Sharks fan as are my brothers. There is a fierce rivalry.
I am extremely frustrated, and actually embarrassed, that the Sharks are heading North whilst we are heading South.
My Sharks mates all cannot wait until they see the back of Woods and are very excited at the recent signings they are making.
I’m not a Sharks fan and don’t have a soft spot for them, I would love nothing more than them to win the wooden spoon.
But that ain’t happening. They are making the 8 again this year with a caretaker coach and injuries galore.
Next year they’ll be a top team and we’ll be yet again looking at trying to slip into the eight.
We suck. The board suck. Hook is useless. The players don’t give a shit.
We used to be the big brother and Sharks the little brother, how those days have changed. Embarrassing.
It’s sad, I miss the 90s.

Crush

Coach
Who?..sure you dont mean Mybe?.
Did not Suli stick his finger up at us and say something deragatory wen accepting lower contract with Des?.
Another gee up..perhaps
Again, Big Red says that reports say we are after Moses Suli.
There was a report from the Herald Sun I think literally saying “as dragons close in on Moses Mbye they are also ready to pounce on Moses Suli if Manly will release him”
BLM01 says “don’t you mean Mbye”
Huh?

redv13

Bench
I hate the Sharks more than any other team in the comp. I live in the shire. I went to school in the shire. I grew up the only one of my mates that didnt go for Sharks. My father is a Sharks fan as are my brothers. There is a fierce rivalry.
I am extremely frustrated, and actually embarrassed, that the Sharks are heading North whilst we are heading South.
My Sharks mates all cannot wait until they see the back of Woods and are very excited at the recent signings they are making.
I’m not a Sharks fan and don’t have a soft spot for them, I would love nothing more than them to win the wooden spoon.
But that ain’t happening. They are making the 8 again this year with a caretaker coach and injuries galore.
Next year they’ll be a top team and we’ll be yet again looking at trying to slip into the eight.
We used to be the big brother and Sharks the little brother, how those days have changed. Embarrassing.
Mate I love that hatred for the Sharks. They are a pack of f**kwits, dirty, grubby, win at all cost mofo’s. Good on you for choosing the big red V over those muppets 👍🏻

redVinme

Juniors
I think we need a quality outside back but I’m not sure Suli is what we need. I’d prefer Braidon Burns.

I think Suli means hook has committed to Sloan at fb. We need more fire power coming out of our own end especially with rav 4 constantly out. I'm not against it if bird plays back row.

Though he's going to have to improve defensively.

Rav, Matt and Suli trucking it out would start our sets a lot better
Edit:spelling

BLM01

First Grade
Look, how you have just described it where we are then it cant get any worse. So the only way is North
Up..Up...the Saints

BLM01

First Grade
I think Suli means hook has committed to Sloan at fb. We need more fire power coming out of our own end especially with rav 4 constantly out. I'm not against it if bird plays back row.

Though he's going to have to improve defensively.

Rav, Matt and Suli trucking it out would start our sets a lot better
Edit:spelling
I think you will find Bird will be even better after playing a full year
Then he can get a full pre-season again,
which he missed out on this year