What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Was Daryl Halligan a great player? He was the greatest kicker of all time...but could hardly play...just because you can kick and jump well doesn't make you a top-line player and in this case a top line centre... the position of center is to create attacking opportunities out wide with his skill for himself and his outside men using speed and guile whilst also being a solid defender (Lomax has no speed nor has any guile) .....Lomax is not a patch on Cooper, Gasnier at similar ages even Josh Morris all past Dragons centers.. nor is he a patch on similar experienced centres like Bradman Best, Stephen Crichton, Joey Manu, Justin Olam, Bronson Xerri (until he was banned) .....he's a solid first grader but by no means the world-beater that we need in the centers
Comparing Xerri and Lomax is like comparing any up and coming forward to needle era Gallen

randomdragon

Juniors
Why are people so damn negative all the time?? It’s like people have missed to boat that we have signed 2 very good young forwards in molo and sua as well as a risky but could be great George burgess. On top of that, last week hook said coric one of our own juniors would’ve played if not for injury. Doesn’t anyone see our Backline is so young having someone like mbye with the experience he’s got might be good for them??? Jesus give it a break focus on the positives rather than negatives!!

RedVDave

First Grade
Woods at $300k would be an okay signing imo the Sharks got him for an absolute steal as Dogs were forking half the bill (who were dumb enough to pay $800K for him lol) definitely a big upgrade on Ellis, Alvaro, Posa etc. We're pretty short up front.

8. Lawrie.
9. McCullough
10. Molo
11. Su'a
12. Sims
13. De Belin

14. Woods *
15. Maguire
16. Mbye*
17. Burgess*

Looks like a very good pack and bench to me IMO

slippery5

Juniors
A
A sure sign front rowers are past it is when they back into the defence when carrying the ball. Woods has been doing this since the U/8's. Come to think of it, how did he ever play rep football? No wonder NSW were in the doldrums a few years back; he was the starting front rower. A complete plodder. NO.
A sure sign front rowers are past it is when they back into the defence when carrying the ball. Woods has been doing this since the U/8's. Come to think of it, how did he ever play rep football? No wonder NSW were in the doldrums a few years back; he was the starting front rower. A complete plodder. NO.
Without doubt the most overrated forward in recent history.

denis preston

First Grade
Youngster and Potential are the great unknown. The time invested to the end product payoff sometimes doesn't balance. In fact, the ratio is so low, sometimes its considered a waste of time, Unless you introduce transfer fees, and then it may become worth it.

In our sport the only pay off is a salary reduction for that position due to the youngster being paid less. However, that benefit doesn't last long, because if he is truly special you can bet he will leave on compassionate grounds, for triple the money in the next season, irrespective of contract length.

This part of NRL is absolutely broken, and there is next to no benefit in developing talent. Particularly if you are a bottom feeder.
Spot on, although I agree with what the club is doing with it's juniors the NRL has to fix

A. Contracts , transfer fees perhaps need to come back

B. Salary cap allowances for local juniors ( but you can just see Melbourne & the Rorters kybosh that ! )

denis preston

First Grade
Couldn't even do a proper try celebratory jump on to his try scorer !

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
A

Without doubt the most overrated forward in recent history.
Without offending any of our Rooster's brethren (and he is much, much better than Woods) but Boyd Cordner was lucky he played in the Rooster's system. Upon his retirements I recall Blocker Roach describe him as the equal of Tallis and Clyde. I fell off my chair and thought that poor old Blocker had sustained too many head knocks himself. Cordner was whole-hearted and a decent fellow for sure, but massively over-rated.

Gareth67

First Grade

If he is signed , then the final injustice to we long suffering Dragon supporters will be for his dacks to fall down as he lumbers into the opposition defense .

I don’t want to see that sight in living colour on my tele ! 😳

Crush

Coach
Woods at $300k would be an okay signing imo the Sharks got him for an absolute steal as Dogs were forking half the bill (who were dumb enough to pay $800K for him lol) definitely a big upgrade on Ellis, Alvaro, Posa etc. We're pretty short up front.

8. Lawrie.
9. McCullough
10. Molo
11. Su'a
12. Sims
13. De Belin

14. Woods *
15. Maguire
16. Mbye*
17. Burgess*

Looks like a very good pack and bench to me IMO
Woods offered to play for Sharks for $185K next year, they said thanks but no thanks.
You reckon we should then offer him 300K?

Last edited:

stgeorge1

Juniors
I think everyone needs to get a grip fella's. Mickeylane and I are not "death riding" Zac, far from it. We want him to become the best centre in the NRL. But we wish he'd hurry up and get there. All we are saying is that in our humble opinion he has not made the strides forward we had hoped for at this stage. That's all.

Here's an interesting little test that I have done recently. My two best mates support Manly and the Tigers. I asked them recently what they thought of Zac Lomax. They shrugged their shoulders and said "I suppose he's OK, but nothing special". And again before the conspiracy theorist on the Forum start wetting their pants, two mates of mine opinions don't count for much. I get it. But know this, opposite teams aren't trembling at the thought of facing him. Let's hope that in 2022 and beyond they start too!
You listen to many supporters you have problems

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
If he is signed , then the final injustice to we long suffering Dragon supporters will be for his dacks to fall down as he lumbers into the opposition defense .

I don’t want to see that sight in living colour on my tele ! 😳
Woods imo embodies (but without the muscular development) Jack Gibson's famous description of a powerfully built winger of yesteryear- "Looks like Tarzan- plays like Jane".

It's an easy no from me.

Latest posts