What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R21 Sat - Sydney 14-20 Penrith @ Suncorp

Round 21: Sydney v Penrith

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gerg

Juniors
I know mate, but the rule is there.
A player who is not holding the ball shall not be tackled or obstructed.

They can't change it to 'ok to tackle a decoy runner without the ball' as we will have endless arguments on field over who is and who isn't a decoy vs a guy just running in the play.

Really depends on the defender. If Tuponuia lets Kikau steamroll him and he stays down, then it's probably a Roosters penalty.

Fangs

Coach
This game is similar to their earlier game in the season, Roosters were serving it up until they got a player sent for 10 and from that moment on it was all Penrith

Except for the fact the Roosters haven't served up much at all tonight. Pretty disappointing from them so far.

Dude decoy players are tackled all the time

How often have you heard "the player has made a defensive decision" when obstruction plays are looked at by the video ref.
Hence why it should have been a Roosters penalty. Sitili doesnt move and the decoy runs into him. No defensive decision. Obstruction

Munted

Bench
Dude decoy players are tackled all the time

How often have you heard "the player has made a defensive decision" when obstruction plays are looked at by the video ref.
Mate, as I said I am not disagreeing. All I'm pointing out is the rule, which the refs can strangely decide to police whenever they feel like it.
Like the JWH sin bin.

blaza88z

Coach
Except for the fact the Roosters haven't served up much at all tonight. Pretty disappointing from them so far.

Your eyes are painted on if you can't concede which team looks the more likely to score even strength

Latest posts