What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22 Parra v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ Sunshine Coast Stadium 14/8/21

Parra did something right, they managed to throw their masks into the bin without missing as they ran out. Who said they didn’t train this week …

Suitman

Post Whore
There's not much they can do about the makeup of the team after the season has started. In fact, with most of the top 17 contracted for 2022 we won't be able to fix it until 2023. Like how the ruck interpretation changed in 2002 and we missed the finals for two years until we could rebuild with bigger forwards.

He's been here 8 seasons and this is HIS squad.
He has no one to blame but himself if the players aren't good enough or he isn't capable of managing and motivating them to their ultimate capabilities on the field.

Sure, you will give us some shite about salary cap, depth and the like, even injuries.
There is no reason you can ever put up that we shouldn't be performing better than we are.
Big club. Plenty of resources. Huge membership and fan base. A decent management system in place.
Stop talking shite for the sake of it and a discussion or argument.. You're only making a fool of yourself.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Everything we are doing we are doing in slow motion, I don't believe it is the plays, or the defensive structure, it's the speed we are executing at, it's f**king terrible.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Gus said we are clueless with our inept defensive system.
Said we are compressed yet still coming up and in. You can hear him shaking his head in disbelief. I said last week opposition coaches must pi*s themselves laughing at the way we are coached. Its too easy.
This is about as bad as its ever been. Ryan Carr will probably be coach this time tomorrow.
Don't worry, pou will come up with statistics that prove its not the coaching.

emjaycee

Coach
Troll??? I’m a fan just like you mate. I mean I don’t get to fly to Darwin and know the players or have a super duper platinum gold effort areas members seat but this hurts me just as much as any fan. If you honestly think the coach hasn’t worn out his welcome I’d have to ask if you are a real fan or a little soft in the head. And you seem a smart dude so I’m going with the former……..
When is contract is over he should go, unless there is an improvement in all areas and until then, his assistants should be changed. Nothing I havent been endorsing for a long time.

And I am soft in the head.

Delboy

First Grade
Yep. But does our coach tell the players to race in? I don't know whether he does or not. Do you?
Come on, their positioning is taught and it shows , you don’t line up as a winger opposite the centre unless the coach instructs it . Coaching 101 tells you to line up against the opposing winger full stop, none of our wingers do that, so it’s taught at training.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yep. But does our coach tell the players to race in? I don't know whether he does or not. Do you?

Come on mate. Defensive structures need to be rehearsed and practiced. We're still making the same defensive errors we have done for years. What has been done to correct this? Our coaching team (all of them) have proved themselves to be sub-par.
It's not only time for change, but massive change.

Latest posts