What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yay! We’re gonna get a message! That will make me feel MUCH better!

you know, in 15/16 shit results were happening all the time and no one knew exactly what was happening in the back office, basically because we didn't have one

and the people bitched and moaned

and now we have a much better setup with the office putting out press releases and emails to the members in troublesome times like this

and the people still bitched and moaned

Noise

Coach

——————————————————————-
Parramatta will go to the extraordinary lengths of sending out a message to all members on Sunday to acknowledge the fan’s disappointment in the wake of the embarrassing 56-10 flogging by Manly.
It comes as Eels chief executive Jim Sarantinos once again guaranteed that Brad Arthur’s job was safe beyond this season.

The Eels’ premiership hopes are in freefall in the countdown to the finals after tumbling to the team’s fourth consecutive defeat.

To make matters worse star backrower Ryan Matterson is also now facing a three-to-five week ban for a careless high tackle that knocked Manly’s Brad Parker senseless on Saturday night.

The Eels are already without star hooker Reed Mahoney and tough prop Reagan Campbell-Gillard and have an extremely tough finish to the regular season.

While the take on the struggling Cowboys on Saturday, after that it is back-to-back games against competition heavyweights Melbourne and Penrith before the finals kick off.

But while many in the game think the Eels are as good as gone already after dropping to sixth spot, at least they are attempting to put on a united front amid the mounting pressure.

Sarantinos told News Corp that the club felt for the fans but no one was ready to throw in the towel.

“We are actually going to send a brief note out to members later (Sunday),” Sarantinos said.

“It is just a brief note just acknowledging that we know our fans and members are disappointed.

“We understand that.

“And that comes through loud and clear and I think it is important to us to acknowledge that.”

Sarantinos said that he hadn’t spoken to Arthur following the game but had exchanged text messages and the coach has his and the club’s full support to at least see out the final season of his existing contract in 2022.

“Of course. He is contracted for next year,” Sarantinos added.

“Like I said, in the current situation the club is in we really can’t afford to focus on anything other than what happens next week.

“In times like this the best thing you can do is show support for your people to help them and try and regain some confidence.

“I think Brad has been asked numerous times in recent periods does he feel like he has got the support and I think he has said yes.”

While the players have been hammered for their performance against Manly, with Phil Gould even suggesting they gave up, Sarantinos said he felt it was more a case of them trying too hard.

“I think as you would have seen from Brad in the last couple of weeks, I think he has acknowledged that the team is down on confidence,” Sarantinos explained.

“I don’t know it is through any lack of trying.

“I think sometimes when you are trying your hardest but you are down on confidence sometimes it just becomes counterproductive.”

He said Arthur was obviously “really disappointed”.

“But the reality is all we can do, the only thing we can do, is try and regroup and focus on the week ahead which is the Cowboys on Saturday,” he said.

“I think the best thing for us as a club, as a playing group, as a staff group at this point is to try and regain some confidence and the reality is that will only happen with a win.

“So the guys have to focus on what it is that we need to do to come together and get that win on Saturday and then hopefully get past what these last four weeks have been.

“To be perfectly honest it is tough to say much more than that.”

The NRL’s match review committee on Sunday slapped Matterson with a grade three careless high tackle charge which will see him get three weeks if he enters an early plea or five weeks if he unsuccessfully fights the charge at the judiciary.

Maika Sivo also copped a grade one high tackle charge but will escape with a fine.

The club must think notes from Junior Paulo and the board make a difference to fans. Idiots.

eels_fan

First Grade
F
you know, in 15/16 shit results were happening all the time and no one knew exactly what was happening in the back office, basically because we didn't have one

and now we have a much better setup with the office putting out press releases and emails to the members in troublesome times like this

Forgive me for being skeptical given my penned letter from Paulo this week promising increased focus and accountability was followed by our worst performance in over 5 years

hindy111

Post Whore

I think it's a nice gesture. They owe the fans nothing for the loss of form. That's sport. Don't like ups and down then don't follow.

Incorrect

Coach
I thought John Morris would have been a good option to bring in as an assistant to BA after he got rissoled by the Sharks (unfairly IMO). But it seems like there's a degree of insecurity surrounding our head coach and bringing in a former NRL head coach just wouldn't be an option. Meanwhile, Demetriou has snapped up Morris for next year - the rookie coach has no second thoughts or fears of being white-anted by a bloke with NRL head coaching experience. Speaks volumes I reckon.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Awesome we now get a letter from the CEO to tell us he knows we are disappointed we are, really??? Thanks scoop. The Auditor’s mate who was parachuted into the job and has pretty much achieved nothing so far. His first real big test and we get a letter lol.

The standards of this club are embarrassing at every level. If Bea is here next year they can still their stick my out of state membership up their arses.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I Remember a few years ago after Sharks lost a game he articulated very well why, how etc they lost.
They had not executed the game plan. Yes he has shown he has a good read of the game, can attract talent and would bring his own people in. I know that with Elkin there was drama there but the club needs to pull the trigger on who will be the coach going forward.
I have been a season ticket holder for 22 years straight. This is not a threat but if Arthur is coach, with the same playing and coaching personnel I won't renew. 6 tickets not renewed. In grand scheme of things the club wont give 2 sh*ts about me not renewing however if others start doing the same it will have a flow on effect...
You can only stomach so much.

Mate, if something doesn't change, I'm not renewing my Membership, either.

TheRam

Coach
Do you know how much that would cost ?

How would you pay for it ?

I don't think it's that simple.

The price of not losing what we have gained the last couple of years. If he remains the price will be much higher in where we will need to start from. He has turned to cancer.

If he remains, the decision will set us back at least another 3 year probably more like 5.

Appointing Flanno now versus later on after the season would be marginal as far as money goes. I am sure if we approached him and told him to play a caretaker roll from here on in for this season but of very little money wise, he would still jump at it seeing he has no gig at present and for coaches to get their hands on the playing group early before more damage is inflicted would be preferred and a bonus to him.

Besides as if he wouldn't jump at the chance basically for a beer and a coke type of money to coach them in a semi final series.

Remember this is the guy that was busted with his hands all over the sharks when he wasn't being paid a cent and suspended. He would do it for free for this season. Guaranteed. Make it happen Parra Management. NOW!!!

Eelementary

Post Whore

——————————————————————-
Parramatta will go to the extraordinary lengths of sending out a message to all members on Sunday to acknowledge the fan’s disappointment in the wake of the embarrassing 56-10 flogging by Manly.
It comes as Eels chief executive Jim Sarantinos once again guaranteed that Brad Arthur’s job was safe beyond this season.

The Eels’ premiership hopes are in freefall in the countdown to the finals after tumbling to the team’s fourth consecutive defeat.

To make matters worse star backrower Ryan Matterson is also now facing a three-to-five week ban for a careless high tackle that knocked Manly’s Brad Parker senseless on Saturday night.

The Eels are already without star hooker Reed Mahoney and tough prop Reagan Campbell-Gillard and have an extremely tough finish to the regular season.

While the take on the struggling Cowboys on Saturday, after that it is back-to-back games against competition heavyweights Melbourne and Penrith before the finals kick off.

But while many in the game think the Eels are as good as gone already after dropping to sixth spot, at least they are attempting to put on a united front amid the mounting pressure.

Sarantinos told News Corp that the club felt for the fans but no one was ready to throw in the towel.

“We are actually going to send a brief note out to members later (Sunday),” Sarantinos said.

“It is just a brief note just acknowledging that we know our fans and members are disappointed.

“We understand that.

“And that comes through loud and clear and I think it is important to us to acknowledge that.”

Sarantinos said that he hadn’t spoken to Arthur following the game but had exchanged text messages and the coach has his and the club’s full support to at least see out the final season of his existing contract in 2022.

“Like I said, in the current situation the club is in we really can’t afford to focus on anything other than what happens next week.

“In times like this the best thing you can do is show support for your people to help them and try and regain some confidence.

“I think Brad has been asked numerous times in recent periods does he feel like he has got the support and I think he has said yes.”

While the players have been hammered for their performance against Manly, with Phil Gould even suggesting they gave up, Sarantinos said he felt it was more a case of them trying too hard.

“I think as you would have seen from Brad in the last couple of weeks, I think he has acknowledged that the team is down on confidence,” Sarantinos explained.

“I think sometimes when you are trying your hardest but you are down on confidence sometimes it just becomes counterproductive.”

“But the reality is all we can do, the only thing we can do, is try and regroup and focus on the week ahead which is the Cowboys on Saturday,” he said.

“I think the best thing for us as a club, as a playing group, as a staff group at this point is to try and regain some confidence and the reality is that will only happen with a win.

“So the guys have to focus on what it is that we need to do to come together and get that win on Saturday and then hopefully get past what these last four weeks have been.

The NRL’s match review committee on Sunday slapped Matterson with a grade three careless high tackle charge which will see him get three weeks if he enters an early plea or five weeks if he unsuccessfully fights the charge at the judiciary.

Maika Sivo also copped a grade one high tackle charge but will escape with a fine.

Eels fan, this is not directed at you, but the club:.

You can take your message, and shove it up your arse.

You already had Matterson, Paulo, and a few other players flapping their gums about winning the title, competing, blah blah blah.

Words are cheap, and your players, and coaching staff, have proven unable to back up the cheap rhetoric.

Save yourselves the time, and fix the damn problems - or find someone else who can.

/rant

Eelementary

Post Whore

——————————————————————-

“We understand that.

Also...trying too hard????

Are you f**king kidding me???

Some of our players half-arsed it over 80 minutes - Sivo was the biggest culprit.