What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Cronulla @ Browne Park

Who will win? Round 23: Wests Tigers v Cronulla

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 23
Wests Tigers v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Browne Park, Rockhampton (TICKETS)
Saturday 21 August 2021

NRL kickoff 3:00pm

WESTSTIGERS-2021.png

1. Moses Mbye 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Tommy Talau 4. Michael Chee-Kam 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Adam Doueihi 7. Luke Brooks 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Jake Simpkin 10. James Tamou 11. Shawn Blore 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Twal
Interchange: 14. Joe Ofahengaue 15. Kelma Tuilagi 16. Tukimihia Simpkins 17. James Roberts 18. Billy Walters 19. Tom Amone 20. Jock Madden 21. Zac Cini

CRONULLA-2021.png

1. Will Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Mawene Hiroti 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Connor Tracey 7. Braydon Trindall 8. Toby Rudolf 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Aaron Woods 11. Briton Nikora 12. Siosifa Talakai 13. Jack Williams
Interchange: 14. Luke Metcalf 15. Braden Hamlin-Uele 16. Teig Wilton 17. Billy Magoulias 18. Matt Moylan 19. Will Chambers 20. Kai O'Donnell 21. Joniah Lualua

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Belinda Sharpe
Video Referees: Grant Atkins​

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Sharks were ordinary today but were missing their starting halves then lost 2 guys to HIAs. They put in for the 80 mins and were probably the better side. Will get Moylan back who will improve their attack.

I really have no idea, I think we've been horrible the last 2 weeks and won purely because the opposition was barely nsw cup level.

Will likely have Liddle and Mikaele out. Neither overly worry me however the forward injury toll is now mounting, Simpkin wont be able to play 80mins after playing 20mins of footy in 9 weeks so we'll have to see a back on the bench with Mbye moving there for a bit.

Hoping that we win we are still somehow alive with 2 weeks to go.

simmo1

First Grade
The Sharks are very ordinary, but not as bad as we are. They seem more willing to play for 80 minutes than our mob, so there will need to be a big improvement on the past month of forty to get the win here.

Tigerm

First Grade
This is basically our grand final, don't expect we will beat the Panthers, but expect we will beat he dogs, so if we are to climb into 9th or better, this is the one we need to win.

Us by 6 with Brooks MoM.

Vic Mackey

Referee
This is basically our grand final, don't expect we will beat the Panthers, but expect we will beat he dogs, so if we are to climb into 9th or better, this is the one we need to win.

Us by 6 with Brooks MoM.

I’ve done the ladder predictor a few times since last night. If we win all 3 it’s very likely we make the finals. Obviously we’re Buckley’s to beat the Panthers, and if we win the other 2 games we need about 4 or 5 other games to go our way for us to make it. The Warriors losses, particuarly the second one, will cost us a finals spot.

Vozzy

Juniors
The Sharks are ordinary but so are we I can see it being a similar game to the dogs/cowboys games where no team wants to win and the least shit team on the day will win and unfortunately that means we will get a reality check the week after.

In regards to Liddle and Mikaele there is nothing in that tackle for them to get suspended. The guy was falling on his back after backing into them and gravity can't help them from falling with him. Especially Liddle like how would he have carry over points he is too nice to get suspended for anything It was no where near as dangerous as Aloiais tackle.

stryker

First Grade
The Sharks are in poor form but have a roster that should be in the finals. Our blokes are winning, but are also playing poor football.

Our pack are not able to play huge minutes yet and with the outs we have, they’ll get rolled up the guts. I think we go down by a try and deservedly miss the finals.

macnaz

Staff member
I think they should have more issues up the middle to be honest , they have suspensions and now Fifita is out as well.

Tigerm

First Grade
At this stage, no Cini in the 17? I don’t think Simpkin will play 80, so if Mbye goes to 9 who will play 1?

Trollhammaren

Juniors
At this stage, no Cini in the 17? I don’t think Simpkin will play 80, so if Mbye goes to 9 who will play 1?

The Jet has been named on the bench, so I dunno, maybe Nofo goes back there? Could be a late switcheroo by Madge with Cini and B Walters on extended bench.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I’ve done the ladder predictor a few times since last night. If we win all 3 it’s very likely we make the finals. Obviously we’re Buckley’s to beat the Panthers, and if we win the other 2 games we need about 4 or 5 other games to go our way for us to make it. The Warriors losses, particuarly the second one, will cost us a finals spot.

It's quite remarkable. This, to me at least, feels like the worst season we've had in a number of years. Some absolutely hopeless and shocking performances. Yet if they decide to fire up for a couple of games a finals berth could beckon.

I just can't see it happening. We're playing so poor (even in those wins). Would be lucky to beat the Dogs again.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It's quite remarkable. This, to me at least, feels like the worst season we've had in a number of years. Some absolutely hopeless and shocking performances. Yet if they decide to fire up for a couple of games a finals berth could beckon.

I just can't see it happening. We're playing so poor (even in those wins). Would be lucky to beat the Dogs again.

Totally agree. Its been our worst season since 2017 IMO, difference is the comp is so shit that we're somehow still a chance of making the finals with 3 weeks to go.

Our 2018/19 sides who came 9th would come 6th or 7th this year.

Tiger05

First Grade
Jake Simpkin is going to need a spell. I have no idea how they are going to manage that but I hope the coaching staff realize the no 9 is such a tough position and having them gassed and missing tackles and throwing terrible passes isn't a good idea.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Jake Simpkin is going to need a spell. I have no idea how they are going to manage that but I hope the coaching staff realize the no 9 is such a tough position and having them gassed and missing tackles and throwing terrible passes isn't a good idea.

Mbye will likely move to 9 and Cini will come on at fullback. I think the 21 is a smokescreen

gordsy

Juniors
The comp this year is dreadful, we all know it's a two horse race to win the comp but I still don't see anyone beating the Storm. I see our team and it seems all we care about is making the 8 so we can say we played finals footy this year. The problem with that thinking imo is if we actually do make the finals and get pumped by 40 that's a worse headline imo. So f**k playing it safe and these stupid choices like Chee Kam in the centres and just put as many kids in as we can and let them enjoy playing footy,

Madge seems to be a coach that needs disciplined, motivated payers . He seems to not know how to work with and coach players who don't fit that mould. He doesn't fit a team like us who are made up of dumb f**ks and lazy merkins that are only interested in a pay check ,using their profile to pick up birds on instagram and get freebies.

Last edited: