What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BIG RIG

Juniors
IMO, Clune is just a reserve grader and if we have Hunt, Sullivan, Amone, Mbye, plus maybe others, he is not going to get a run. He might be a good clubman, but in all honesty, we need better quality than Clune if we want to compete with the big boys.
Agreed - just interested cause by my list we now have 5 roster spots available for 2021 and that’s including our 4 already confirmed signings

I have not included Billy Brittain ( Rumoured Retirement ) , Hayden Lomax ( Supposedly released ) , Jayden Hunt and Gerard Beale

So just interested in who will fill the remaining 5 spots

Personally I believe guys like Josh Coric and Jackson Shereb will gain DS contracts

So interesting times ahead in regards to signings

Crush

Coach
Anyone with 'mail' is is chastised, sullied and abused. Most, if not all have left the forum.
Merely stating what most would already guess, but I know for a fact that the board members and old boys at the club are devastated with how this season has unfolded off the field. Just when the JDB stuff seemed behind them the BBQ happens. It has really hurt their pride. They’re embarrassed. It’s had a negative impact with sponsorship as well.
Guys that work for the club, ex-St George players from yesteryear, embarrassed to talk footy, they change the subject.

It’s been one of our very worst seasons surely, reputation in tatters on and off the field.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
I don't get why people abuse them
I love hearing the rumours wether they workout or not
Yep, terrible form. There are some weirdo's on this forum who get strung out and personal if you have a divergent view. I felt it a few weeks back when I gave my view on Zac Lomax and this weirdo jumped up and down. Just hit the unfollow and block function and you don't have to put up with it. Very empowering! I never see any postings from this particular weirdo any more.

denis preston

First Grade
Merely stating what most would already guess, but I know for a fact that the board members and old boys at the club are devastated with how this season has unfolded off the field. Just when the JDB stuff seemed behind them the BBQ happens. It has really hurt their pride. They’re embarrassed. It’s had a negative impact with sponsorship as well.
Guys that work for the club, ex-St George players from yesteryear, embarrassed to talk footy, they change the subject.

It’s been one of our very worst seasons surely, reputation in tatters on and off the field.
Good, we want them to hurt, that will be the only way to get deep thought out action. It is amazing how quickly a NRL club can go from tatters to commercially attractive. Just requires consistent good form & able administration. At PRESENT I am confident that Hook & Webby are doing that.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Hear Clune has signed with Newcastle, probably a good move all round he’s too far down the pecking order now with Hunt, Mbye, Bird, Sullivan and Amone all potential halves.
Still a bit sad, if true. Another "dragon to the core" that has to go elsewhere for a more consistent crack at first grade. Still "you can't keep them all". Good luck Adam.

Dragon David

First Grade
And there it is folks, in a nutshell. One has to wonder what WIN's motivation was to buy out the Illawarra share? Surely they (and St George Bank) don't want to see the diminution of their brands by being associated with this rabble. Is there any table thumping and explosive outbursts behind close doors to the effect of "get this fixed and get it right or you'll be skinned alive". I suspect not. I keep coming to the conclusion that the purchase was ego driven, and a play thing for Bruce Gordons son, little Andy!
They are all friends and amigos and each one scratching each others backs but all this has got to stop as they are setting a bad example for the players to follow. The club is an embarrassment to the NRL, sponsors and legends of the club in my opinion and one day, hopefully soon, they MUST turn things around to appease the fanbase, sponsors and NRL.

They should set the tone and do things to rejuvenate the club to be a greater enterprise.
Still a bit sad, if true. Another "dragon to the core" that has to go elsewhere for a more consistent crack at first grade. Still "you can't keep them all". Good luck Adam.
Yes, I agree OED, Adam just did not reach that level to be considered a full time first grader but his heart would have been thoroughly for the Dragons. Good luck to him with his time at the Knights.

dungay dragon

Juniors
They are all friends and amigos and each one scratching each others backs but all this has got to stop as they are setting a bad example for the players to follow. The club is an embarrassment to the NRL, sponsors and legends of the club in my opinion and one day, hopefully soon, they MUST turn things around to appease the fanbase, sponsors and NRL.

They should set the tone and do things to rejuvenate the club to be a greater enterprise.

Yes, I agree OED, Adam just did not reach that level to be considered a full time first grader but his heart would have been thoroughly for the Dragons. Good luck to him with his time at the Knights.
Good luck to him at the Knights.Good steady player.
Not going to win you a game but not going to lose you one either

Trifili13

Juniors
Good move if true. IMO was only going to be a list clogger for us. One of the many reserve grade players that got too many games for us this year.
Agree, sad to see players who want to play for the club moved on but unfortunately tough decisions have to be made if you want to be successful. Young Flanagan had 1 year at the Rooster's, they made the semis (from memory 1 game off the GF) but they still punted him rather than persist as in their opinion he was not and will not be good enough. That ruthlessness is one of the reasons (plus uncle Nick) they are successful, not like us waiting for 80kg 20 year olds to bulk up to play first grade, buying other teams rubbish and persisting with plodders.

mickeylane

Bench
St George Illawarra has started pursuing Gold Coast and Queensland State of Origin forward Moeaki Fotuaika – an acquisition which would further ignite a new-look Dragons forward pack.

Fotuaika, who has played five games for Queensland over the past two years, is off contract after next season with rival clubs permitted to lodge formal offers from November 1.

Titans’ management is aware of St George Illawarra’s interest.

Sources close to the Dragons say the club has spoken internally about the Maroons prop and preliminary contact has been made with Fotuaika’s manager.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
St George Illawarra has started pursuing Gold Coast and Queensland State of Origin forward Moeaki Fotuaika – an acquisition which would further ignite a new-look Dragons forward pack.

Fotuaika, who has played five games for Queensland over the past two years, is off contract after next season with rival clubs permitted to lodge formal offers from November 1.

Sources close to the Dragons say the club has spoken internally about the Maroons prop and preliminary contact has been made with Fotuaika’s manager.

Yes please

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

I would prefer Fotuaika to Suli if we only get one of them, but hey, why not both? It would give us a very good forward pack and a pretty good back line, plus no Corey Norman! Win Win Win.