What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

be55

Juniors
In the meantime the Roosters are rumoured to have coaxed big forwards from the Broncos as per:-
Wow...the 17 year old is 193 cm and 116kg and the 15 YEAR OLD IS 194 CM AND 115 KG 😲

Wow 15 and he's that big...

Something tells me they don't have to worry about being bullied at school

Trifili13

Juniors
Good point...i suppose that's what happens when you aren't a club with a big junior base, you can just send scouts out to pick the eyes out of other clubs juniors, like the Roosters the Storm seem to do so well...
Agree, but nothing to stop any other club even with a big nursery looking at what talent is out there to supplement their own. It's called good scouting and then nurturing, something unfamiliar with our lot the past decade.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Anyone watching Suli tonight? The guy is a beast when he wants to play.
Too fat, too slow & most of all too moody. Griffin isn’t the coach to get the best out of him, perhaps Bennett but definitely not Griffin. Griffin couldn’t coach people to run out of a burning house.

Trifili13

Juniors
Agree he is not the fastest, but when you can trample the opposition, you don't need to be the fastest. So you would not have taken Meninga as a centre either? Gypsy was one of our most loved players, but hardly a fast winger.
Although I would take Suli over Bird as a centre (at the right price) I think the bigger issue with him is whether he can stay switched on for a few games let alone a full season.

Trifili13

Juniors
Tom Starling is what Saints need. Can't rely on McCullough to stay injury free. Saints need to strengthen that position unless they have Hunt penciled in for the role as he is a one of the best hookers as well as half back it is just a matter of if he wants to play hooker.
I mentioned Starling in another thread. I am sure he would not be on huge $'s. Offers good zip out of dummy half.
I know that Hunt has had some very good games at hooker in SOO but not sure he can do it for a whole season when he would be expected to make upwards of 40 or 50 tackles each game.

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree, but nothing to stop any other club even with a big nursery looking at what talent is out there to supplement their own. It's called good scouting and then nurturing, something unfamiliar with our lot the past decade.
Yes exactly. What are our scouts doing? Just sitting in the bivouac playing tiddly winks!

Our scouts are doing their job I suppose and getting the older ones to come to our camp and I suppose also that our nursery has a number of young'ns itching to move up the ranks and become better soldiers if the NRL can do something about the lower grade competition which seems likely to become extinct the way COVID is air raiding the world.

denis preston

First Grade
That is so unfair and wrong. How do you think we got lomax , Ramsey & the fergai brothers and I'm sure some here can quote others.

Latest posts