What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
O.D. I do recall some of what Freddy said at the time , but what was worse was that sly smile , as if he knew for certain.
I think @George Dragon has already debunked the rumour.

1. Zac and Ben Hunt took up their player option on their contracts for an additional year during 2020.
2. Under the NRL's share the talent inititiiative for NRLW, Zac's girlfriend Jess transferred from the Dragons to the Roosters
3. The rumours started that Zac wanted to go to the Roosters
4. There is no indication that Zac has requested a release.
5. I doubt the Dragons would grant it anyway.

Please leave this rumour alone unless you hear something definite!

Maddragon99

Juniors

1. Zac and Ben Hunt took up their player option on their contracts for an additional year during 2020.
2. Under the NRL's share the talent inititiiative for NRLW, Zac's girlfriend Jess transferred from the Dragons to the Roosters

100% agree. Also he’d never get the same money if he were to leave particularly after the season he’s had.

Dragon David

First Grade
I see Jack Bird as a bit of a "goldilocks" player- not particuarly big, (although strong for his size), not particularly fast, not particularly skillful and as such, he has trouble claiming one position as his own. He's been tried at centre, lock and second row and some claim he should be tried at 5/8 (not me). While centre looks to be his best fit at present, I think the acquisition of Suli is more to do with the uncertainty over Bird's best position
To me, Bird looks to be the utility player that should be playing off the bench. I don't think that he is a specialty in any one position nowadays so, yeah, utility for me.

Dragsters

First Grade

Damn straight!

So-called fans casting damaging aspersions just so they can say "I told youse all" on the minuscule chance it may happen.

If there's a sure fire way to turn a player off his own club, it's these "so-called" fans perpetuating bullshit stories about them.

STOP THE BOLLOCKS!!!

Last edited:

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Damn straight!

So-called fans casting damaging aspersions just so they can say "I told youse all" on the minuscule chance it may happen.

If there's a sure fire way to turn a player off his own club, it's these "so-called" fans perpetuating bullshit stories about them.

STOP THE BOLLOCKS!!!
I was the one who bought up the Lomax thing again because of what B Fletcher said on t.v i in no way do i want the dragons to lose lomax but i am concerned he must know a lot of people at the rosters and gets the latest gos.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gentlemen I assure youse all that I do not believe that young Lomax is going anywhere other than further representation at a state level in the years to come .

My reply was to OverSea’s Dragon comment who mentioned what Fittler had said baaaaack - at the beginning of the SOO series ( was it this season or last ?)

As I have said on 2 separate occasions now the young man has since activated the option for a further season of his 5 year contract at our beloved Dragons , so I assure you that I am not attempting to stir the nasty rumor pot .

😇

Last edited:

SAP58

Juniors
Zac wont be happy about his brother not being offered a new contract as I believe they are close but that is business and I think the cancellation of the NSW Cup for the last two years hasnt done him any favours to show he is worth keeping. I dont think Zac is going anywhere and dont rate Fletch as a very reliable source although I agree he does have a lot of mates at the Roosters but how could anyone take that village idiot too serious.

jak

Bench

my post of the week, well put mate.

denis preston

First Grade
I was the one who bought up the Lomax thing again because of what B Fletcher said on t.v i in no way do i want the dragons to lose lomax but i am concerned he must know a lot of people at the rosters and gets the latest gos.
At least you named your source. some on here post without these other than what goes on in their mind only.

mightydragon

Juniors
Zac wont be happy about his brother not being offered a new contract as I believe they are close but that is business and I think the cancellation of the NSW Cup for the last two years hasnt done him any favours to show he is worth keeping. I dont think Zac is going anywhere and dont rate Fletch as a very reliable source although I agree he does have a lot of mates at the Roosters but how could anyone take that village idiot too serious.
I am not happy that I didn't get an NRL contract 30 years ago either. Unfortunately, I wasn't talented enough. I haven't seen anything from Hayden that warrants a NRL contract.

denis preston

First Grade
Bit like the Stevens brothers. Jason's brother only got signed on because we wanted the keep Jason.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
I think Kerr got railroaded by another one of Griffin’s selection masterstrokes. He played poorly at second row & looks down on confidence. He’ll bounce back though but starting Ellis over Kerr this week is another slap in the face for the big fella.

Faamausili has been a total bust for mine.

I still have hope for Jackson I’m hoping he bounces back next year.
Agree, Poasa has been disappointing. Josh makes more sense to me as a middle forward but I guess needs must at the moment.