What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
What's people think of Randall? Today was the best I've seen him. Look much faster out of dummy half and linked well with the side as a whole. Him and Crossland to duke it out for the Watson role?
His delivery was slow last time he played but it did seem better this week.

I don’t know what his ceiling is but he’s a solid back-up. Certainly don’t think he’s capable of replacing Watson as our utility.

I still think Crossland may have a future as a dummy half, I hope it’s explored but it probably won’t be if we have Randall.

Loose Cannon

Bench
What's people think of Randall? Today was the best I've seen him. Look much faster out of dummy half and linked well with the side as a whole. Him and Crossland to duke it out for the Watson role?
Randall would be be a fine option for the 14 role. He will tackle everything that moves, and can be slotted in the 13 rotation primarily, yet provide injury cover for Brailey, along with Pearce/Clifford, (only as necessary, not suggesting he should start a fresh game there).

He was looking off the pace when he replaced Brailey weeks back, but the lack of football was most likely a factor.

Certainly, would be my choice ahead of the likely scenario, and we all know what that means.

Frederick

Staff member
Either you guys were watching the game in x2 speed or my stream was in slow-mo, but I thought Randall looked really slow out there

I have no issue with Crossland and Hoy not getting deals

aqua_duck

Coach
Imo the number 14 should be an x factor/impact player as opposed to someone who can just cover 1 or 2 positions solidly. You look at good teams and they have impact off the bench, at the moment our bench next year will likely comprise Klemmer and 3 blokes making up the numbers.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Imo the number 14 should be an x factor/impact player as opposed to someone who can just cover 1 or 2 positions solidly. You look at good teams and they have impact off the bench, at the moment our bench next year will likely comprise Klemmer and 3 blokes making up the numbers.
Club could have fixed that by offloading Klem and keeping King and had the money to pursue a quality bench. Klem is great of course, but with the Safs arrival at long last, his contract is a huge impediment to this club at present whether we want to admit it or not.

Burwood

Bench
The good thing about Klemmer is that he’s still performing to his pay packet. If the club does look to offload him before his contract ends, we won’t be left paying a big chunk of his salary. There’s a few clubs who’d jump at the chance to sign him.

aqua_duck

Coach
Club could have fixed that by offloading Klem and keeping King and had the money to pursue a quality bench. Klem is great of course, but with the Safs arrival at long last, his contract is a huge impediment to this club at present whether we want to admit it or not.
Problem is Klem's market value under the new rules is much, much lower than what we're paying for. The biggest disappointment with Klemmer in my opinion is he's completely lost his offloading game, he had 45 offloads last year which was near the top of the NRL, this year he's only had 15 which is a massive drop, is that a tactically decision from the coaching staff to limit the offloads or is that Klemmer suddenly putting the cue in the rack?

Yosh

Coach
Problem is Klem's market value under the new rules is much, much lower than what we're paying for. The biggest disappointment with Klemmer in my opinion is he's completely lost his offloading game, he had 45 offloads last year which was near the top of the NRL, this year he's only had 15 which is a massive drop, is that a tactically decision from the coaching staff to limit the offloads or is that Klemmer suddenly putting the cue in the rack?
Considering we play the most boring and conservative version of the game in the world, I would say it has a lot more to do with the coaching than suddenly losing the ability overnight.

Yosh

Coach
Normally average plodders at least physically get to Mebourne before they become world beaters. King and Meaney haven't even gone there yet and already look like Storm players...

Jono078

Referee
Normally average plodders at least physically get to Mebourne before they become world beaters. King and Meaney haven't even gone there yet and already look like Storm players...
Funny you say that, I feel Meaney in particular went to another level after signing with the Storm.

What does Bellamy say to them? Show me your next gear or I'll rip your contract before you get here?

I kept thinking today that Meaney probably would have been a regular winger here this year or at very worst replaced Hoy. Good goal kicking too.

Old dog

Juniors
Or is it the defence being aware of the offloads and wrapping him up. It should leave holes in defence if we move the ball wide but not our style

slotmachine

First Grade
Considering we play the most boring and conservative version of the game in the world, I would say it has a lot more to do with the coaching than suddenly losing the ability overnight.

Bit like Clifford suddenly not using spiral bombs anymore (if Pearce let's him kick to start with).

Knight Tales

Juniors
Conservative is putting in nicely Yosh. Somehow we stumbled into the 8 again. There needs to be monumental shift in our attack this weekend. Arthur will be out to ambush us, pile on points and then complete his way to victory. We cannot chase the scoreboard. Won’t work.

Rod

Bench
Or is it the defence being aware of the offloads and wrapping him up. It should leave holes in defence if we move the ball wide but not our style
Yeah this has to be a factor, teams have wised up on this and they know we don't spread it wide often enough, so as good as Klem and the Saiifitis are the opposition can still commit plenty of numbers to slow them down.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah this has to be a factor, teams have wised up on this and they know we don't spread it wide often enough, so as good as Klem and the Saiifitis are the opposition can still commit plenty of numbers to slow them down.
This is what the coaching staff should’ve caught onto if it is the case? Wow these big boys attract a lot of numbers, they could be really good decoys.

I don’t know what the answer is for the lack of offloads whether it’s Klem, coaching instructions or defenses really numbering up. If it’s not Klem then you have to be disappointed about our play.

perverse

Referee
The biggest problem I see with our offloading ability is that when a forward does happen to poke through the line or otherwise get an arm free - they have no-one to give it to. Happens constantly.

Latest posts