What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qualifying Final - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 11th September 7:50pm @Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Steenson123

Juniors
Look, I agree with you about Sua, I've been saying it all year and last year from the playoffs. But I can see what Wayne is trying to do, and hopefully Sua can do this job - to go out there and hurt the Chin, hurt him badly. That's all Sua has to do. Hopefully he gets the job done. Mago, while better and more consistent, is a pretty tame, mellow guy. We need someone to go out and instill fear into the Chin, and hurt him.

Burns is a reserve grader. He is very sub-standard. If I had to make a choice between an unknown quantity who has ability, or someone I know is not first grade standard, I'm going with the unknown - Blake Taafe.

Burns is not even signed beyond this season. That says it all to me about what the coaching staffing and recruitment think about Burns
Taaffe is not ready for this. Iron Man's punts are lethal, Fittler has stated players in the SOO squad are sick and sorry after fielding his punts at training sessions!! Either Bennett plays Gagai or Alex at FB or forget it. We are knackered!!
Su'a, like Burns will not be in the squad next season. There is a reason Su'a was let go: disappears way too much under pressure and is far too inconsistent. Conversely, Burns has a chance to prove he can do it. He knows Iron Man and "Riff very well he has height and experience plus he has played strongly [over 200 m last run] albeit a little patchy in recent games. He is match fit. His height could be real help in countering those towering punts. Burns is at a crossroads and here is his chance to show he is worth something.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Taaffe is not ready for this. Iron Man's punts are lethal, Fittler has stated players in the SOO squad are sick and sorry after fielding his punts at training sessions!! Either Bennett plays Gagai or Alex at FB or forget it. We are knackered!!
Su'a, like Burns will not be in the squad next season. There is a reason Su'a was let go: disappears way too much under pressure and is far too inconsistent. Conversely, Burns has a chance to prove he can do it. He knows Iron Man and "Riff very well he has height and experience plus he has played strongly [over 200 m last run] albeit a little patchy in recent games. He is match fit. His height could be real help in countering those towering punts. Burns is at a crossroads and here is his chance to show he is worth something.
Well, I can't disagree with you too much, I'm not 100% confident either in Blake in such a big, big game, but I think he's the better option of the alternatives we have. Hopefully he can handle the ball.

But I will say one thing - Latrell's biggest weakness is taking the high ball, he was terrible in this regard against Penruff in the last matchup, so having Blake taking bombs, instead of Latrell, does not necessarily make us worse off

Rabbits20

Immortal
Over on the Panthers forum they seem to be worried re us taking Cleary out lol, but if we hit him hard fair game there is nothing wrong with a bit of tough love on golden boy. It’s as if they think he’s untouchable and can’t get touched from the Panther fans. Yet it’s ok for them to keep hitting Reyno late like they did last time please and we didn’t even get a penalty! Same re Luai facials and Kikau high shots they get away with murder so to speak and in the ruck too.

Also some talk over there re they’d better not get howlers from the ref, please did they not see the last time we played them re all the howlers against us I don’t have enough fingers to count. They’ve been getting the calls every week anyway some of them must have short memories!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Over on the Panthers forum they seem to be worried re us taking Cleary out lol, but if we hit him hard fair game there is nothing wrong with a bit of tough love on golden boy. It’s as if they think he’s untouchable and can’t get touched from the Panther fans. Yet it’s ok for them to keep hitting Reyno late like they did last time please and we didn’t even get a penalty! Same re Luai facials and Kikau high shots they get away with murder so to speak and in the ruck too.

Also some talk over there re they’d better not get howlers from the ref, please did they not see the last time we played them re all the howlers against us I don’t have enough fingers to count. They’ve been getting the calls every week anyway some of them must have short memories!
lol funny stuff

They should be more worried about Clearasil getting a big zit on his forehead and taking himself out of the game 🤣

Jim Rockford

Bench

It's called karma Riff Raff. You did it to our guys, now it's time for you to get a taste of your own medicine. You don't have Atkins to hide behind this time.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’m starting to fire up for my usual game day post I do come day. I’ll make sure this is a mega game day preview this week the most fired up I’ve been all year.

I know I’ll be on my feet before the boys have even come down the tunnel then when they do I’ll be proudly shouting out Glory Glory just like all LU Rabbitohs I hope STANDING AND APPLAUDING

Steenson123

Juniors
View attachment 53605

Could Gags go to FB? Something in my gut tells me Ta’affe isn’t starting at FB.
The intelligent thing for Bennett is to put some height at the rear end. We all know Cleary Snr will target the back end regularly. I cannot see how Taaffe will cope he's simply not seasoned enough and he is a little on the small side. Hence the alternatives are either Gagai OR Alex back there and bring in either Milne OR Burns. It gives the side a much more robust look and more size. We cannot afford the cotton candy carrying on from Lulai and his girlfriends if the score becomes lopsided early due to several fumbles from Iron Man punts or kick throughs.

Steenson123

Juniors
Remember when Mansour got injured a few weeks ago and Cleary was laughing..... I would love nothing more than to knock over these arrogant smug pricks!
Be careful what one wishes for. Cleary Snr. is on a trajectory akin to one Brian Smith, i.e lots of regular season wins but falls short time and time again in the post-season. In fact Cleary Snr in 20 years coaching has won... Zero and his squad started last year's GF down 0-26!!! In addition, I believe "Riff Raff entered the league in 1967 and the have won two titles in what 54 years?? That's one title every 27 years, not good. "Riff are a bunch of westie hicks in a region full of hoons, tarts and dags. These are hardly realities to be cocky about. If we really want to put psychological pressure on the Cleary gang bring up Cleary Snr' empty record in the post-season. He has won nothing over a 20 year span coaching and that fact should be thrown down his gorge.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Be careful what one wishes for. Cleary Snr. is on a trajectory akin to one Brian Smith, i.e lots of regular season wins but falls short time and time again in the post-season. In fact Cleary Snr in 20 years coaching has won... Zero and his squad started last year's GF down 0-26!!! In addition, I believe "Riff Raff entered the league in 1967 and the have won two titles in what 54 years?? That's one title every 27 years, not good. "Riff are a bunch of westie hicks in a region full of hoons, tarts and dags. These are hardly realities to be cocky about. If we really want to put psychological pressure on the Cleary gang bring up Cleary Snr' empty record in the post-season. He has won nothing over a 20 year span coaching and that fact should be thrown down his gorge.
I like the way you think Steenson. Fight fire with fire!

Latest posts