What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tariq Sims

Crush

Coach
Oh bartender… Bartender, over here. One glass of Asti please. Make sure the glass is clean. Ta mate, keep the change.
If you’re expecting Old Timer to man up and say he got it wrong about TS selection then you are very much mistaken. Not his go.

Reactions: jak

thebigredv

First Grade
Sims was typical example of just about every player's performance today. Absolutely killed it on Wednesday, played with passion, braun and hostility.

He was weak as water today. I have been complimentary of his leadership this year but that makes me furious.

Dragon David

First Grade
Commitment never comes to mind with our players and to me has not for a long time. Overall our culture is a losing one. Now we will lose Norman and Dufty and hopefully their departures will open the door to a better culture next year.

The reality is though, with sooooo maannny yeeears of following this club, the last 10 have been so dire and so inconsistent. Whatever do our players learn from week to week and can't it be drummed into their weeny brains that they are being paid to play a game that they have been playing for ages and continue to make tooooo maannny miiiistaaakes.

They often look like they are out of condition and brain dead. No-one seems to want to put in the very hard yakka week in, week out - just one week here and just maybe one week there.

Norman and Dufty aren't the only players needing to get the big boot out of here. Possm knows which ones need to go. In the meantime, we wait in anticipation as to what classy players we will recruit to make us a better team and build up the strength in the reserve grade.

The return of Lomax, Moose and Fui will help in the next few weeks but the horse has already bolted and confidence has dropped many fold now.

How can Tariq be so good in SOO and then hardly make anything happen in attack and defence today? The team is just rocks and diamonds and if certain players don't stand up, we lose.

Being beaten by the Bulldogs is the lowest of lowest this season but due credit to be given to them.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I'm not sure why I did it, but because there was little else to do, I watched a replay of the Round 5 clash against the Eels. How different were we playing back then. The forwards were enormous, including Tariq. In both attack and defence they played with purpose, aggression and line speed. Fui tackled anything that moved. It was a joy to watch! What the hell happened?

I'm not sure why I did it, but because there was little else to do, I watched a replay of the Round 5 clash against the Eels. How different were we playing back then. The forwards were enormous, including Tariq. In both attack and defence they played with purpose, aggression and line speed. Fui tackled anything that moved. It was a joy to watch! What the hell happened?
It’s the one Dragons game I missed in the first half of the season. In the Northern Territory and didn’t hear the result til someone on our trip got reception about 3 days afterwards and told me.

So maybe I’m the curse coz everything else I watched was toilet!

Saffy

Juniors
Why not say he is injured and let him get it right. We have some goose's looking after the well being of our players if true.
Mary did rest Hunt maybe didn't have a hand(le) on Sims groin.
They should have looked after Simms, Dufty,and got rid of coach an get someone who knows what his doing ,I can see another terrible yr coming up unless there's big changes starting with coach,IV been a supporter since the 11 in row days just doesn't seem right to see them playing like this,wonder what Frank Facer would have done.lol

denis preston

First Grade
Frea
They should have looked after Simms, Dufty,and got rid of coach an get someone who knows what his doing ,I can see another terrible yr coming up unless there's big changes starting with coach,IV been a supporter since the 11 in row days just doesn't seem right to see them playing like this,wonder what Frank Facer would have done.lol
Frank would have got another million or 2 from the leagues club and sacked who he saw fit to and brought who he wanted. O' the good old days. Buying an Australian rugby league test five eight ( Branson ) and then buying an Australian Rugby test five eight ( Hawthorne ) because he could ! We had so much money in the mid- late 60's it was as if buying players was a tax write off for the Leagues club !

Carlton

Juniors
Frank Facer wouldn't have appointed McGregor in the first place let alone resign him twice. Also, Frank Facer would have immediately cleaned out most of the players we've had over the last few years. He would have ensured we had a strong pack, clever halves and deadly backs, who wanted to play for the Red V. A bit like Hook is trying to do now. Where it was easier for Frank was that there was no salary cap or player number limits complicating these decisions.

Don't lay the blame for the problems left by McGregor on Griffin. Criticise him for his actions for sure, like playing Bird at fullback but even then I'm glad he tried it this year and after experimenting seems to have settled on Sloan as our fullback going forward.

I'm glad that Corey Norman has moved on but I dont believe he was anywhere near the problem many posters made out. Our first issue is forwards not taking the hard hitups and leaving it players like Ramsey to take the first hitup from the line. I dont want to see props arriving on the 4th tackle for their hit up, and then producing slow play the balls, there job is to do the hard yards and get the the momentum started for the team. Watch how Bromich, Welsh and even NAS play, they are not trying get their stats up, they have a very clear job and they do it.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Frank Facer wouldn't have appointed McGregor in the first place let alone resign him twice. Also, Frank Facer would have immediately cleaned out most of the players we've had over the last few years. He would have ensured we had a strong pack, clever halves and deadly backs, who wanted to play for the Red V. A bit like Hook is trying to do now. Where it was easier for Frank was that there was no salary cap or player number limits complicating these decisions.

Don't lay the blame for the problems left by McGregor on Griffin. Criticise him for his actions for sure, like playing Bird at fullback but even then I'm glad he tried it this year and after experimenting seems to have settled on Sloan as our fullback going forward.

I'm glad that Corey Norman has moved on but I dont believe he was anywhere near the problem many posters made out. Our first issue is forwards not taking the hard hitups and leaving it players like Ramsey to take the first hitup from the line. I dont want to see props arriving on the 4th tackle for their hit up, and then producing slow play the balls, there job is to do the hard yards and get the the momentum started for the team. Watch how Bromich, Welsh and even NAS play, they are not trying get their stats up, they have a very clear job and they do it.
couldn’t agree more!

blacksafake

First Grade
It’s the one Dragons game I missed in the first half of the season. In the Northern Territory and didn’t hear the result til someone on our trip got reception about 3 days afterwards and told me.

So maybe I’m the curse coz everything else I watched was toilet!
It’s a shame because they were really good that day. The defence was committed for the whole 80 minutes.