What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 finals - game day thread Eels v Knights

TheParraboy

Staff member
Some stats from the game

nrl.com

Possession: Parra 55%

Completion rate: Parra 89% Knights 87%

Line breaks 4-4

Missed tackles Knights 29-24 (Knights had 24 at HT)

Errors 7-7

Ruck infringements Knights 5-3
Penalties conceded Parra 3-2
inside 10 Parra 1-0

hindy111

Post Whore
We were definitely dumb and complacent at stages of the match but ffs I can’t describe anyone in the team, and tbh the opposition team, as Rubbish, lacklustre and lacking enthusiasm. Knights turned up and didn’t roll over when down 12 pts and we did enough to get back momentum and get through to next week. That was a tough finals game and hopefully it puts us in better sted against the panthers then say a 58-0 flogging like that ‘19 broncos game.

Ponga was class. A few of hiss passes sublime

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just want to post the positives, i thought Moses was outstanding and the difference between the two sides. RCG was the best forward on the field he attacked with his defence and we really missed him when he went off. Penisiiiii is a star of the future lock him up now Parra only 19 and gave the supposed Bradman Best Young centre a bath. Plus we won!!! Bring on the Smugfers next week.

Oh and no matter what happens with injuries and suspensions Ray Stone has to play next week. f**k it's a shame he's only 80kgs he has a heart as big a Phar Lap.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Anyone else watching 9? Did they just try to cut to Reed Mahoney on his laptop cam, only for him to say f**k when we dropped the ball, and they went back to calling the play? 😂
Yes indeed he did 😂

Tooooks

Bench
Play below our best against a side probably putting in their best performance of the year (or close to) and people are still whinging.

Plenty of positives though. But it seems most glasses are half empty here.

Soto

Bench
I do think we looked quite gassed at times..definitely need to go up a couple of gears next week..Penrith will come out for the ambush and start a million miles an hour..we need to front load big time nxt sat night

hindy111

Post Whore
Just want to post the positives, i thought Moses was outstanding and the difference between the two sides. RCG was the best forward on the field he attacked with his defence and we really missed him when he went off. Penisiiiii is a star of the future lock him up now Parra only 19 and gave the supposed Bradman Best Young centre a bath. Plus we won!!! Bring on the Smugfers next week.

Oh and no matter what happens with injuries and suspensions Ray Stone has to play next week. f**k it's a shame he's only 80kgs he has a heart as big a Phar Lap.

I was always a big fan of Stone. But he never got going and I kinda like most started to give up on him. Still unsure his spot but he has a lions heart. His defense is up there with the best in NRL.

Incorrect

Coach
I expect Junior and Marata to be missing next week. If so, Matterson is obviously the straight swap for Marata, easy... If Junior is unavailable, and if Lussick is fit, I'd start with RCG and Brown as props, Stone at 13.

Pack and bench;

RCG
Lussick
Nrown
Matto
Lane
Stone

Smith
Papali'i
Carty
Kaufusi

Makatoa was a bit out of his depth today thought, ineffective....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I expect Junior and Marata to be missing next week. If so, Matterson is obviously the straight swap for Marata, easy... If Junior is unavailable, and if Lussick is fit, I'd start with RCG and Brown as props, Stone at 13.

Pack and bench;

RCG
Lussick
Nrown
Matto
Lane
Stone

Smith
Papali'i
Carty
Kaufusi

Makatoa was a bit out of his depth today thought, ineffective....
Kaufusi has to be a better option for a 20/25 min stint anyway, Maka has got a decent motor but that doesn't matter when you are being picked as an impact player. Plus compared to Kaufusi his leg drive is poor.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our defense was poor. But we fought. We fought hard and didn't lose control. That is the part I liked. We need luck next few weeks. And to fight like we did.
We had all the pressure on us today also.

Latest posts