What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Week 2 finals - Eels v Panthers (and Ivan)

Bandwagon

Staff member
I hope Stoney spends the entire off season working on his delivery from dummy half. I reckon that’s his best chance of becoming a regular first grade player. He’d be a top reserve hooker / cover for the edges. The opportunity is there, especially with Lussick leaving.

I'd rather see him work on his running and getting a step or a pass before the line into his game. Would be a ready built replacement for Nrown.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree, but I'd still have Oregon in over Cartwright. His runs take the gas outta the defense, and he's been playing well.

Bryce gives us creativity. I like that. Kafusi I not fussed either way. Bryc's leg drive is good. I'd start Matto over Lane so that we have two middles on bench fresh. But nothing wrong with Lane moving into prop after 20mins for a 10min stint

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd rather see him work on his running and getting a step or a pass before the line into his game. Would be a ready built replacement for Nrown.

Agree. He can be a solid fill in hooker off bench for that 10-15min rest Mahoney needs. And get 25mins at lock.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Not a bad shout either mate, to be honest. I always have it in my head he’s a touch small, but in reality there’s probably not much of a difference between him and Browny.

Gronk

Staff member
Never thought I'd say this, but Waqa has settled in to the left centre position and is playing well. I wouldn't move him to wing now. I'd leave well enough alone.
100%, but I was talking about what happens if we lose Fergo before the weekend.

Waqa is playing out of his skin even since the coach told Gutho to go find him and give him early ball*.

*Guessing.

the phantom menace

First Grade
So Lussick not even close to ready, Fergo named despite being touch and go, but Matterson set to return to the 17.

I suspect some changes before kickoff... Niukore to the centres if Ferguson's not fit to play, maybe Matterson to start and Kaufusi onto the bench?

the phantom menace

First Grade
Also thinking a possible could be Smith starting at hooker, Stone starting at lock, and N Brown coming off the bench at 20mins (with Stone to hooker)?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It will be interesting this week if the media already start talking about a Penrith Melbourne match up the following week.

Falls straight into our hands

I expect better scramble defence next week.

Have to wait for judiciary tomorrow and the fallout to see how we will lineup. But i am quietly confident parra love not being favourites.

I think this will be a lot closer then 2019 when Melbourne gave us a bath after winning a final
The 2019 game against Brisbane was our grand final, which was a bit dumb in hindsight. It wasn't the first time we had a massive win late in the season and then fell apart. In 2017 we smashed the second place Broncos in Brisbane in round 25. In 2014 we beat first placed Manly in round 24, then lost to the Knights and Raiders.

lucablight

First Grade
The 2019 game against Brisbane was our grand final, which was a bit dumb in hindsight. It wasn't the first time we had a massive win late in the season and then fell apart. In 2017 we smashed the second place Broncos in Brisbane in round 25. In 2014 we beat first placed Manly in round 24, then lost to the Knights and Raiders.
Who do you think will win out of the Panthers Eels game?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Anyway I was worried our win over the Storm a couple of weeks ago was our grand final.