What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Week 2 finals - Eels v Panthers (and Ivan)

Bandwagon

Staff member
I expect we'll be better for the Knights game and we'll need to step it up against the panthers as the Knights had a few sparks but other than that they were ordinary I thought.

You could see that the time off did RCG a lot of good, he really was raring to go and I thought Jnr and Moses especially had a bit more spring in their step so the week off looks to have done them good.

On the negative side, I thought we looked like a team that had 3 different lineups in three weeks, we seemed to lack cohesion as a team although individually some played well.

Hopefully, that run sees us gel a bit better as a team against the Panthers as we really need to improve our teamwork and discipline against the panthers, imho

I reckon we were a bit rusty, and our shape was effected by Stone not having that long pass from dummy half to get wide of the ruck.

I know a lot here have criticised that, but it is the shape we've played all year, and having to change it for a final, or at the least not having it as an option to settle in with left us a bit disorganised and f**ked with our numbers / positioning when attacking the try line.

That's not a criticism of Stone, he had a great game, and did his job at DH better than I expected, but his ball playing has limitations.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That's not a criticism of Stone, he had a great game, and did his job at Fake better than I expected, but his ball playing has limitations.

I noticed a few times his last tackle dummy half ball to Mitch was poor, Mitch has to reach out in front or high up in the air and it gives him less time to get the kick away

I think Stone would be a decent lock when Rheed is back, cuz f**k me he can tackle.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I noticed a few times his last tackle dummy half ball to Mitch was poor, Mitch has to reach out in front or high up in the air and it gives him less time to get the kick away

I think Stone would be a decent lock when Rheed is back, cuz f**k me he can tackle.

Defensively I'd go out on a limb and say his technique is as good as any merkin in the NRL.

Gazzamatta

Coach
We look lite in the middle although BA is probably planning on playing Jnr and Reg 70 minutes each this week.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
3 second rowers on the bench hey. Will Papalii play in the middle? If Lane goes there then he gets more minutes and that's not good. I would have Oregan in for Carty if it was my team.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Swap matterson and lane around.

Lane can be apart of the the middle rotation. And move on edge if for an emergency.

Lane shouldn't be playing more then 45-50 mins. He is too lazy in defense to have him playing under major fatigue.

King-Gutho94

Coach
3 second rowers on the bench hey. Will Papalii play in the middle? If Lane goes there then he gets more minutes and that's not good. I would have Oregan in for Carty if it was my team.

I believe they are a little concerned with Oregan's head knocks he has had 3 or 4 already this year. He is fit to play but at the same time being very cautious with him as well. I think they will save him unless there is another injury that opens up a spot