What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Reynolds

soc123_au

Staff member
I don't suffer from the delusion that my team is any good.
Unlike you Penrith fans who think there the greatest under the sun....
Its only a matter of time and players will leave for better contracts and lose what advantage you had...
Shouldn't you be more concern of becoming the greatest chokers in History
Again with the claims with no evidence. Show me the post where I claimed Penrith were the greatest under the sun or similar.

I agree with you that Reynolds is an outstanding player, the other dribble not so much.

Pantherjim.

Referee
I know my team is shit what your excuse
Crappamattta 4 premierships winners vs Penriff 2 premierships
Before you label another team as “chokers” you should have a look at your own club first.

How many seasons has Parra been “runners up” in a Grand Final?

let me help you out here, 5 times; (1976, 1977, 1984, 2001 & 2009 with 2009 being the ultimate “choke” against the Storm.)

How many seasons has Parra won the minor premiership without winning the GF?

Again, let me give you a hand: On three seasons. 1977, 2001 and 2005.

I’d be the last bloke to label another club as “chokers” if I were you.

SBD82

Coach
Panthers fans must be feeling the pressure. Stinkiest of bait and heaps of bites.

On the topic of Reynolds; outstanding player. Proved once again why Freddy is a moron for picking Moses and simple Jack for the third game this year.

There are no guarantees in footy, but NSW were a much better chance of going 3-0 if Reynolds (and Walker) played.

verticalsmile

Juniors
Panthers fans must be feeling the pressure. Stinkiest of bait and heaps of bites.

On the topic of Reynolds; outstanding player. Proved once again why Freddy is a moron for picking Moses and simple Jack for the third game this year.

There are no guarantees in footy, but NSW were a much better chance of going 3-0 if Reynolds (and Walker) played.
100% but its the old boys club....
1. Mitchel Pearce being picked for the 20 time to finally win one.
2. Benny Elias nephew Moses....
3. Nathen son of Ivan Cleary.....

Nathen should have been dropped from NSW as he lost last year to the worst QLD team ever....
Not saying he isnt any good but he should have waited his turn....

yobbo84

First Grade
10 years of first grade, made the finals 8 seasons, 7 of those to the prelim at least and a premiership. Fair record.

We will miss him, but fully understand the club's and Adam's respective positions, as harsh at it might seem to outsiders.

SBD82

Coach
100% but its the old boys club....
1. Mitchel Pearce being picked for the 20 time to finally win one.
2. Benny Elias nephew Moses....
3. Nathen son of Ivan Cleary.....

Nathen should have been dropped from NSW as he lost last year to the worst QLD team ever....
Not saying he isnt any good but he should have waited his turn....
Yeah nah. He’s clearly the right choice for NSW halfback.

But Moses’ selection was diabolical.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Reynolds and Capewell joining what is already shaping to be a decent side will have Brisbane competing for 5-8th next season. The Top 4 is still clearly out of reach with some of these other teams in the fray, but a finals berth is absolutely where we expect to be next season.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Letting him go was a frustrating tunnel vision move. The club was too afraid of the risk he gets injured in his 30s. He is not Sam Burgess or Greg Inglis. His game is neither explosive power or special pace. His is exactly the kind of style that ages well when players move beyond their youth. He is much more in the style of Cameron Smith. I could easily picture him playing another 100 games.

They should have balanced the risk of catastrophic decline with the odds of his replacement being anywhere near as effective as him. It is just a stupid fear based call.
No he doesn't respect women like those 2 other losers

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Just to make it clear Im a Parramatta fan so what i think is not from a Souths point of view......

Adam Reynolds played a fantastic game on Saturday night with a souths team that's below par to Penrith.
Now we see how Nathen Cleary was found out dropping his bundle with no protection from block plays and Adam's master class out played Penrith by himself.

I feel that Adam Reynolds should be rewarded with a Australian Jersey at the end of the season and to the life of me I don't know how South's let him go .....

I wish he was coming to Parramatta
Mrs Reynolds?

BranVan3000

Coach
Reynolds and Keary should have been first choice halves for NSW for many years until Cleary came on to the scene

The two most successful NSW halves in club football besides Maloney over the past decade and they've barely gotten a look in

big hit!

Bench
Reynolds had a great match v Penrith, but don't get ahead of yourself. Everyone expects Souths to attack down the left-side. It's where the bulk of the tries come from with Walker pulling the strings. Bennett either saw a weakness down the Penrith left-side defence or he wanted to instil an element of surprise in this match because they ended up going down the right-side a bit more v Penrith with Reynolds getting a bit more involved in the attacking play.

This is the time of year coaching becomes so important in a game context, rather than simply man-management. Exposing the opposition through strategy and tactics can swing the game. Bennett definitely sorted out Cleary in this area last week.