What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox league social media and journo hypocrisy. Who else has had enough of them?

Very close, it was total sarcasm. The only places for people to air their grievances (Frank Costanze style) were talkback radio, letters to papers/magazines or at the pub/a party or at work. Plus the coverage was less than half the games & people in general were just less opinionated (no social media).

How many times do you hear someone say or see it written about the 'good old days'? Not just footy, how cheaper everything was, how life was simpler etc. I'm not going to jump on that bandwagon though - happy living in the present, looking forward to the future & occasionally reflecting on the past.

images

TheRam

Coach
Very close, it was total sarcasm. The only places for people to air their grievances (Frank Costanze style) were talkback radio, letters to papers/magazines or at the pub/a party or at work. Plus the coverage was less than half the games & people in general were just less opinionated (no social media).

How many times do you hear someone say or see it written about the 'good old days'? Not just footy, how cheaper everything was, how life was simpler etc. I'm not going to jump on that bandwagon though - happy living in the present, looking forward to the future & occasionally reflecting on the past.

Cool. It was cheaper though and a lot of things were better back then, but some things are better now. So it's the yin and the yang I suppose.